FC2 F/A-18 Mod

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this mod will not affect multiplay, cuz it only changes what you see on your PC screen (what DX hook does).

Yes, but with VNAO or EFA mods you can fly an F/A-18F or F-14D that appears as such to other players. With this cockpit it finishes the last piece of that - making the aircraft look like an F/A-18F to yourself.

With the data exchange pioneered by Yoda's Leavu2/ERI it will work with LockOn (subject to some limitations, no player usable AGM-88, Harpoon, Maverick-D [but working Mav K] etc).

Shows how opening up LockOn & DCS to modding is producing good fruits.

Only drawback will be the player having to download the mod to play and pass a customized IC check right?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Only drawback will be the player having to download the mod to play and pass a customized IC check right?

If it uses global exports, than yes. Operating the radar requires information about other players. If it wasn't for the damned cheaters who exploit such information we'd be able to use a lot more good stuff on more servers (LEAVU2, ERI etc).

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one, but yeah it's pretty cool. ;)

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have no idea what the first post is about, but the "mod" on the youtube video is made by me. It is a little project I have been working on a bit for a while now (rendering a custom cockpit). Most of the actual hornet cockpit functionality is missing, wrong or incomplete including most of the mfd pages, almost all of the switches/knobs do nothing, radar, rwr, navigation etc. do not work and so on.

The cockpit is rendered and handled using a D3D hook, basically the original cockpit is hidden and another model is drawn instead. All the switch actions and mfd/hud rendering is done in the lua exports script. It doesn't use anything from Black Shark so that is why the behaviour probably is a bit different in many places. The base cockpit model is made by another guy, it is intended for ArmA 2 which is why the detail level isn't on the typical flight sim level (also my renderer doesn't at least yet handle normal- or specular maps and the FC2 lighting is not very suitable for it), though I have added some more detail in the side panels and some other switches/buttons.

I dont know if it ever will be in any kind of "complete" state, it depends on how much free time I have and how long I have interest to keep working on it. What is possible is also severely limited by what is offered by the exports interface so many systems are very difficult to get to function at all.

That's absolutely fantastic, I just wish your excellent work would be completed as soon.

this guy is SICK .... Respect ....

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

• 4 weeks later...
i´m creating my own f-18 hornet cockpit, but I dont knów about hud and mdf, he used a hud, but how??

I suspected, that you abbandoned making models fo LO as your spain air force mod went idle.

I would love to see your F-18B/D on my screen as original single seater from ED its one of best models in LO, and i find double seat version more attractive.

i´m creating my own f-18 hornet cockpit, but I dont knów about hud and mdf, he used a hud, but how??

:music_whistling:

I have no idea what the first post is about, but the "mod" on the youtube video is made by me. It is a little project I have been working on a bit for a while now (rendering a custom cockpit). Most of the actual hornet cockpit functionality is missing, wrong or incomplete including most of the mfd pages, almost all of the switches/knobs do nothing, radar, rwr, navigation etc. do not work and so on.

The cockpit is rendered and handled using a D3D hook, basically the original cockpit is hidden and another model is drawn instead. All the switch actions and mfd/hud rendering is done in the lua exports script. It doesn't use anything from Black Shark so that is why the behaviour probably is a bit different in many places. The base cockpit model is made by another guy, it is intended for ArmA 2 which is why the detail level isn't on the typical flight sim level (also my renderer doesn't at least yet handle normal- or specular maps and the FC2 lighting is not very suitable for it), though I have added some more detail in the side panels and some other switches/buttons.

I dont know if it ever will be in any kind of "complete" state, it depends on how much free time I have and how long I have interest to keep working on it. What is possible is also severely limited by what is offered by the exports interface so many systems are very difficult to get to function at all.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Good luck on that work. Note that there are existing F/A-18F and F-14D meshes and skins (as well as flight models etc) made available in the VNAO Flaming Ciffs 2 mod. See the 'mods' link at:

http://www.virtualnavairops.com/

If using the VNAO FC2 mod you can try the Hornet and Tomcat models out on the 'stallturn.com' server (disclaimer: my experimental server running the VNAO mod).

Just thought it may save you some time if you weren't already aware of the VNAO mod (and avoid re-inventing the external models when you could instead spend time on making a great cockpit).

• 3 weeks later...
The work he's done for ArmA/ArmA2/VBS is without equal. :) :thumbup:

Yeah, thats true. I always used the OFP and ArmA Launcher and all the other nice things he has done for the Com. But I never knew that he also got his hands on Lock on...I am surprised and impressed. Nice work though.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective