Keyboard on Right Console

That is the CDU(Control Display Unit) I wouldnt think a non programmable key board would work unless all of the key assignments for the CDU were programmable in the options page. I was under the assumption that interaction was going to be throught he MFD CDU page.

Now where is that speed brakes control again?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know that there is some capability to interact with the CDU from the MFDs and UFC, but I don't know the extent of that interaction. It's probably up to your realism goal if you're gonna put in or not.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

The CDU is really where all of your flight parameters are set/Viewed (IE RAD ALT settings, IFF Sqwaks and modes, GPS Displays, Com Settings for Data Bus systems)

And also your flight plan, iirc. It's function is similar in principle to that of an airliner CDU, I believe. It would be great if it is modelled closely to that of the real thing.

And also your flight plan, iirc. It's function is similar in principle to that of an airliner CDU, I believe. It would be great if it is modelled closely to that of the real thing.

That is true as well. The flight plan can be loaded during the startup, as hinted in the 2nd producer's note. IDK if it can be edited at the UFC or MFDs.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

Hopefully there is a way to designate another keyboard for all the functions it has, or it would obviously interfere with the normal KB bindings. Unless maybe the caps lock could be used to enable the main KB to switch over to the CDU stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

I hope you can dim that backlight. If you can, that will look bada$$ in a simpit environment.

-Robert Goddard

The Tipro mid (with lcd!) looks pretty sweet. Also a bunch of good stuff on EBay (http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=mini+keyboards). Hope one of the beta testers or someone from ED chimes in. My purchase finger is getting itchy lol.

What about this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-Wireless-Keyboard-Mouse-Touchpad-Remote-Control-L5-/110586675918?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item19bf7ac2ce#ht_7615wt_1158

Edited by hassata

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Almost complete CDU for 10 bucks if you can export it to the screen.

EDIT: Oh, that's a trackpad. Derp...:doh:

Edited by Avilator

-Robert Goddard

The Tipro mid (with lcd!) looks pretty sweet. Also a bunch of good stuff on EBay (http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=mini+keyboards). Hope one of the beta testers or someone from ED chimes in. My purchase finger is getting itchy lol.

[/url]

Yep, it's the Tipro MID-KM128A that I've got. Mines in Black rather than 'PC brown' :D

Damn it, I'm gonna dig that out tonight and create an A-10 overlay for it. Or, I could buy another one for A-10C and keep my existing one for Falcon. Shame they don't do a USB version otherwise I could be tempted... Hmmm... No, common sense is kicking in. Need cash for TM Warthog! :doh: Paper and scissors it is :D

Good news regarding Helios, Flim. I'm eagerly awaiting to see some more info on this.

If Flim creates the CDU in Helios, why would you need a (external) keyboard/keypad? I would think it would be keyed to send alpha/numerics via the touchscreen to the game just like the in-game CDU - or (as yet to be determined) via the MFD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If Flim creates the CDU in Helios, why would you need a (external) keyboard/keypad? I would think it would be keyed to send alpha/numerics via the touchscreen to the game just like the in-game CDU - or (as yet to be determined) via the MFD.

Exactly, I will have the entire Right console on the touchscreen. The CDU will look like the mfd's in our video. I'm pretty certain that we will have access to the cdu data (dcs) in which we will be able to place it behind the virtual CDU bezel. Easy, Cheap, and fully functional.

Because I already have it and it will therefore cost me nothing :D

Seriously though, I think the whole touch screen idea is great. I still like the tactile feel of keys though. However, saying that I do like my iPhone interface. I think the fact that there is a sound coupled with the keypress helps to give a pseudo tactile 'feel'.

Flim> Do you have any links to the tochscreen supplier that you used? Is it something we can buy direct from SCS? I see so many people posting links to touch screens and other LCDs and invariably they are the wrong device for the job. Would be interested to see what you guys have used.