Getting planes to attack a convoy of vehicles

hachiman

Hi.

I am trying to make a mission where Su-25's attack a ground convoy.

I've tried them in Ground Attack and CAS modes and selected ground vehicles as the target. I've even clicked an attack point on every vehicle in the convoy. But they won't attack.

How can i get them do this?

Thanx

Is the convoy moving? If so, make sure your targeting points are where the vehicles will be (use a large radius).

Ability of aircraft to engage targets depends on them being able to acquire them. For the Su-25 that means visual. What are the weather conditions like? They won't be able to acquire at night or in other low-visibility situations.

Lastly - the targeting point for a waypoint indicates where the aircraft will search for targets after it has reached that waypoint, or 'on the way to the next waypoint'. So you need to make sure you put the targeting points on the approach waypoint, with the next waypoint positioned so they'll be heading towards the targets and get close enough to acquire them.

I've also found altitude can play a role. In one case, I had some Su-25s set to drop bombs on point targets (some buildings). If I gave them a low-level flight plan straight toward the buildings, they'd faff about a lot before beginning the attack. I modified the plan to send them up a few thousand feet, then bank around and drop down in altitude, and then start the run-in. This seems to work a lot better.

Ground clutter also affects the targeting ability - they have a much harder time acquiring targets if they're in a city than if they're in a field.