License enforcement system has been tampered with?

4c Hajduk Veljko

This morning I purchased, downloaded and attempted to install a Black Shark on a remote computer that we use for a Dedicated Server. That computer already has FC 2.0 installed.

Anyway, when I tried to install BS, immediately after double clicking on a setup.exe, I get the following error message:

BSinstallationproblem.jpg

Is this a Starforce problem? If yes, how do I reinstall/repair starforce problem?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Sounds to me like a broken download
I download it several times from different servers. Take a closer look at the first part of that error message.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Are you right-clicking the file and performing it as a 'Run as ...' (administrator)?

I can see you're running it from the administrator profile's desktop, but that's not the same thing, even if you are logged on as the admin account. This is a 'standard' Windows error message, albeit one not commonly seen. It doesn't originate from Starforce or similar.

See here for example:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Server/2003_Server/Q_22484319.html

http://www.google.com/#q=windows+cannot+open+this+program+because+the+license+enforcement+system

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

Thanks all for helping me here. I'll spend more time on this problem over the weekend.

Tez,

I sure will let you know about solution and will post it here as well.

Regards,

I am going nowhere with this problem. Has anybody been able to install and run Black Shark on Windows Server Web Edition 2003, SP 2?

Can someone from ED please PM me the FC2 download link (I do not own it) so I can try and replicate this. I don't need a serial as I don't intend to run the sim, only the setup.

On the main LockOn site (3-file download):

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?scr=product&ProductId=6&end_pos=135

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Ok. So far, I can confirm that I get the same message in with Windows Server Web Edition 2003 SP 2 when trying to run BS Setup (even without FC2.. I couldn't setup that since I can't find my Lockon CD, but it seems it's irrelevant anyway. I did, however, get the Lockon 1.0 not found message, so Windows is letting that one execute).

I'll try and fiddle around to get a solution.

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Got it ;)

Here's what you do:

- open Start / Control Panel / Administrative Tools /Local Security Settings

- go to Software Restriction Policies

- right click the Software Restriction Policies and then

New Software Restriction Policy

- double click Enforcement

- select "All users except local administrators" and then OK

- restart

the installer should now work. if you google around, you'll see that it's a common problem for Nullsoft installer under Win 2003 server, web edition

Edited by nscode

Thanks for your effort nscode. I followed your recommendation and I still am getting exactly the same error.

Beside, I am still asking if anybody has successfully installed BS on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition SP 2?

Hmm. One other thing you can try is in the Software Restriction Policies, right click additional ruleas, and then make a New path rule. You add the path where the setup.exe is, then select unrestricted below, Ok all the way and then reboot. Also, if it still doesn't work after restart, try again the right click, Run as.. and deselect Run this program with restricted access.

I'm doing all this on Web edition, SP2

I`ve just tried all of that too and still have the same problem. As soon as I click on setup.exe i get

BSinstallationproblem.jpg

It's a Windows error message. I've seen this with certain versions of MS SQL installation on Web edition.

I'm not sure if the setup requires some API's not available on the Web Edition, but nscode made it work, right?

Btw, Web-edition supports max 2gb of memory - could this be a complaint that you are trying to go beyond the builtin limitations for 2003 WE?

And hm, probably just 1 network adapter.

PS, check the eventlogs for applications & system - you should find more hints there.

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

• 2 weeks later...

We had this same issue with our server when it had Server 2003 Web Edition.

I PM'd Chizh to let him know about the problem, however I can't remember what the work around was. I deleted the PM I sent him, maybe he might have it still?

Have you tried rolling back the service pack?

The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

I've just tried, A-10C beta does not suffer from this problem. It seems that the huge .exe of BS setup is related to it.

So using a different Setup-kit (aka version 1.0.0) may perhaps solve it? And then patch it to 1.0.2 after that.

Hm, you need to get hold of all the v.1.0.0 setup-files then perhaps.

Other things you can try:

- create a C:\Temp and rund the setup from there

- use an external disk / usb / dvd to run the setup from there

... just to exclude the possibility that Windows is complaining about the source-dir you run setup from.

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

I went back and looked at the 159th Forums during that time period and found the answer. We upgraded operating systems, because we couldn't get the NSIS installer to work with Server 2003 WE. We tried what nscode had suggested and then even tried ripping an ISO of the DVD. Both attempts did not work.

We did confirm that NSIS.exe worked on Server 2008 WE, if thats any help to you.

Edited by Fudd
The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

Wow! So, solution is to replace the OS with 2003 Server (not web) edition? Thank you all for your assistance.