X-Plane News ONLY (not discussion)

Shaman

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i look at all this, i realise how heaveniss ED sim are out of the box, and how lucky we have dedicated teams like RoF and even Il2 team.

There s been a lot of unjust spitting in the plate on this last one.

I m always curious about the civilian flight sims, but it just more work than fun. Maybe i am on the wrong end of the viewpoint.

Building a multiple monitor for military sim also is a lot of work.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I got Xp8 and Xp9, so in Xp10 I hope to see better weather and some AI, and better ATC. Also its very nice to see some vc`s. Xp9 still is like 'never ending beta' imo, and can be very frustrating sometimes.

BTW, Carenado is already in Xplane world, and Aerosoft will make some planes for Xp10, so its all looks very good so far. :thumbup:

I secretly hope that MS Flight will never really "take off", because then many 3rd party add-on makers will transition to X-Plane and IMHO it is a much more powerful platform than anything MS put out so far.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I hope they put at least as much effort into making the terrain look good as they put into modelling the toilets.

I have X-Plane 9 and enjoy it, more-so than FSX+Acceleration. Still ain't as cool as the DCS modules or even FC2 for the multiplayer goodness. That said, I'll definitely be getting X-Plane 10. Looks like the community (and more importantly, modders) is shifting from the end-of-life FSX to far more open X-Plane. About time!

• 1 month later...

X-Plane v10 is slated for release christmas 2011! 2012 is going to be a good year.. untill next dec when we are all supose to perish..lol

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

• 2 months later...

What I like is that X-Plane calculates the forces on the planes precisely. I dont think any other flight sim does that, instead they try to "simulate" a flying characteristic. Correct me if I am wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System specs:

2500k @ 4.6 GHz

8GB RAM

HD7950 OC'd

Win7 x64

Posting tracks to make your DCS better - attention bump incoming!

Oh wow X-Plane 10 looks amazing!! Keep up the good work Austin you deserve the success!!

Actually in this article he already received financial success:

http://techhaze.com/2010/03/interview-with-x-plane-creator-austin-meyer/

Here he talks about how choosing OpenGL (when everyone else went with DirectX) he was able to quickly port to the iPhone (which has OpenGL ES hardware, as do most portable devices).

He got half a million sales relatively quickly on the iPhone and iPad and the profit he made was US $7 per copy. This dwarfed his PC sales. So, if you do the math you can see how he has already profited handsomely, although belatedly.

The general theme developers should take away (and I did) is that exclusively tying yourself to Windows (or any single platform) limits the opportunities you'll have later.

Hopefully with the extra cash X-Plane will get the resources to make v10 really good.

I dont think any other flight sim does that, instead they try to "simulate" a flying characteristic.

DCS uses finite elements too.

The problem is that most plane devs for X-Plane don't realise that they still have to tune several parameters to make their planes resemble anything close to a RL plane.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Why do the planes in X Plane fly kinda weird? Is it just me?

One problem is that hardly any of them have restrictions on control surface movement speed. Like Bucic always says, they fly like model planes.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Ok, you lost me there, bob. :D So that means control surfaces snap to full deflection instantly at any given speed, right?

Yes, they instantly follow your stick (which has no restrictions), ergo the flight surfaces have no restrictions, which results in terribly unrealistic behaviour.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Thanks for the info sobek. Jeez that's retarded. You'd think with all the force calculations you could fit in a systemm for that. Lol.

You can, as in, the sim can, but most plane builders are ignorant of the fact. I'm really curious about the new stock planes, though. I hope their system and FM fidelity matches the visual one.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Yes, they instantly follow your stick (which has no restrictions), ergo the flight surfaces have no restrictions, which results in terribly unrealistic behaviour.

If that is the case, I will mostly get fly by wire aircraft from 3rd party creators.