X-Plane News ONLY (not discussion)

Shaman

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sobek,Have you turned off Multi-threading on your PC?I believe X-Plane 10 uses it.I haven't downloaded it yet,but As an FSX user I'm very interested.

You can't turn off multi-threading. :)

I only have 2 cores right now, but from what i've heard, different AI instances and autogen are the major things that are threaded. Maybe i just spent too little time tuning, will try again when the new PC arrives, i guess. :)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Hm... Demo... I need to check that out when I get some free time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Just tried the demo and got ridiculously bad performance for the visuals i'm seeing, i wonder what is murdering my pc like that. As per the stock planes, i'm still disappointed. :(

Hi Sobek. If you have two monitors it can be helpful to display the GPU-Z sensors while you are running and see if you are running out of Video Memory. Once the video card starts swapping with main RAM you can get noticeable stutters.

I also found last night that if I leave anti-aliasing and an-isotropic filtering (after a FC2 session) on my ATI card as well as having the same effects enabled in A-10C I got horrible performance. Not only stuttering but continual swapping from the hard disk as it loaded textures. I guess it must have run out of video memory for the filtering and was thrashing away. Once I turned the driver-level effects off and let A-10C manage it everything was sweet again (=> not an A-10C problem).

I wonder whether you should check for the same things with X-Plane 10 on your rig? GPU-Z is very handy here.

Yeah I expect it'll improve loads - look at RoF and DCS when they were in pre release state versus now! Hopefully lots of people will buy it so they get some extra income to improve the sim!

It's about time we had a good modern day civilian sim - pretty much our only option right now is FSX and as much as I love the PMDG/REX/UTX/GEX/MTX combo, the lack of quad core support and the fact that the game is optimised for use on a single core 8ghz cpu means we really need something new!

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

Yeah I expect it'll improve loads - look at RoF and DCS when they were in pre release state versus now! Hopefully lots of people will buy it so they get some extra income to improve the sim!

Considering this is not the first iteratation of X-plane (unlike A-10 or ROF) and considering that they want $80. I would have thought that they would have produced a better product/demo.

I have only given it a short test flight so far but I am not impressed enough to bet $80 based on the demo.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I'm hoping it's only a matter of time before PMDG start making ad ons for XPLANE seeing as FSX is no longer being supported by microsoft, XPLANE 10 seems to be the "future" of civil flight sims.

Unless that happens, not interested, stock aircraft always suck large.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I just did cold start in def 747, and I think this one is nicely detailed and quite realistic. SR-71 also feels and looks v nice. Hope all Xp planes will be like this.

It looks like the demo is more like beta.

Yes, i felt like that too, the 747 really stands out. However, when i tried the KC-10 and saw that it has no 3d pit, i was like :doh:.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Considering this is not the first iteratation of X-plane (unlike A-10 or ROF) and considering that they want $80. I would have thought that they would have produced a better product/demo.

I have only given it a short test flight so far but I am not impressed enough to bet $80 based on the demo.

Well technically speaking A10 was based on the same engine as Flaming Cliffs I believe! Still, I agree about that amount of money for an unfinished product but I would presume it will improve over time!

If only we had a civilian flight sim of the quality of DCS. Can you imagine if PMDG worked on a sim for one aircraft only, like a 747, whilst just focusing on NA or Europe for terrain....they could create something amazing for hardcore sim fans!

Intel i7 6700k, Asus GTX1070, 16gb DDR4 @ 3200mhz, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung Evo 850 SSD @ 500GB * 2, TrackIR 5 and 27" monitor running at 2560 * 1440, Windows 10.

Sorry, I went really OTT with exclamation marks in the last post....It's something about Boeing jets...Gets me all excited...

If only we had a civilian flight sim of the quality of DCS. Can you imagine if PMDG worked on a sim for one aircraft only, like a 747, whilst just focusing on NA or Europe for terrain....they could create something amazing for hardcore sim fans!

That would be FANTASTIC. :thumbup::pilotfly:

PMDG is in some kinda denial funk fantasy land: the writing for FSuX was in the sky years ago when the dev team was canned. PMDG shoulda moved to XP9.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

The most disturbing thing about XP10 so far is the content, or writing style, of the Key Commands file. Sorry, what age group are they targeting?

SHIFT 4 : CIRCLE ALL AROUND THE AIRPLANE ("$" BECAUSE YOU SWIRL ALL AROUND A VERTICAL ROTATION AXIS! THE $ LOOKS LIKE THE ROTATION PATTERN AROUND THE VERT AXIS!)

SHIFT 5 : TOWER VIEW. "%" KEY BECAUSE SOME PERCENTAGE OF YOUR TAX REVENUE WENT TO PAY FOR THAT TOWER. (HEY... YOU CAN REMEMBER IT NOW, RIGHT?)

Oh yes, and the interface still sucks!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

yes it seems more like a buggy beta version then a demo..

the scalability of rendered objects and trees is not enough in my eyes..

i want a slieder..on the other side is the input options menu premium featured..i really like the way of assigning funtions for axis and buttons..great..ED guys should have a look!)

most fun was a situation on KSEA runway, a female deer, followed by a male deer. crossed the rwy just in front of me..great!)

XP10 has a huge potential..but they have to fix, resolve and rebuild many things in my eyes..but for 80$, i m in..for a more realistic flight experience then FSX!)

and i agree with mower,..pmdg should look more to XP the FSX or FLIGHT

cheers

SCUD

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The most disturbing thing about XP10 so far is the content, or writing style, of the Key Commands file. Sorry, what age group are they targeting?

Actually, this is proven to be quite good technique to memorize things. The more ridiculous connotation, the bigger is the chance that your mind won't forget it. :)

and i agree with mower,..pmdg should look more to XP the FSX or FLIGHT

Yeah yeah, stupid developers. They can make ultra-complex simulation, they survived for so long in a "niche in a niche" market of hi-fi addons for simulation game, yet they can't see the potential of xplane. Yes, I'm being sarcastic. :P

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

FSuX is broken and a dead end.

And has been in this state for about 3 years, since the moment they shut down ACES. Stupid, stupid people investing in the dead platform for so long... there are so many better simulators with 3rd party addon support, powerful SDK's and big user base. :P

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro