X-Plane News ONLY (not discussion)

Shaman

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some night shots with a Bldg mod a forum member made for Seattle

(pics)

Looks nothing like Seattle, with the exception of Elliot Bay, and the highways are relatively in the same areas.

Don't get me wrong, X-Plane is great, and I'm not knocking it.

But I won't be picking it up unless they commit to scenery. A problem that plagued X-Plane 9. Not a single one of those builds are authentic to Seattle, nor are there any representative landmarks.

The day I'm able to fly high quality aircraft with intuitive views, popup panels, and accurate avionics, in a world that has been recreated to the LOD of MS Flight Simulator, landing at airports that have accurate lighting, building placement, runway markings, and taxiways, surrounded by intelligent AI, running Active Sky to get me my weather, and a large community out there supporting the sim, like PMDG, Aerosoft, AVSIM, Quality Wings, and Level-D, that will be the day I'll invest real money and time into X-Plane.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

Quick question: Can anyone get the throttle working right in this sim ?

Iam using an x52 , I configure my throttle to be ... the throttle

At 50% is is idle , at 100% is is full power and at 0% it is 100% full power ???

any ideas ?

Just tick the 'reverse' checkbox next to the axis in the control panel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

So, I took a chance and got XP10, but the default aircraft are pretty much crap, what aircraft and other mods should I get? And is there any way to stop the aircraft from feeling like rc-planes?

Try The Baron 58 or the Beechcraft C90.They seem to be pretty nice.I had to turn down wind and Tulbulance in the settings as I feel they're a little to strong for my liking.That may help you also.

Patrick

mini.gif

Nope no difference :( weird problem

so to recap

0% = 100 full power

50% = idle

100% = 100 full power

Any other X52 users have this issue (x52 not pro)

My (X52 not pro) is working like it should with XPX. Weird problem though:huh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

The day I'm able to fly high quality aircraft with intuitive views, popup panels, and accurate avionics, in a world that has been recreated to the LOD of MS Flight Simulator, landing at airports that have accurate lighting, building placement, runway markings, and taxiways, surrounded by intelligent AI, running Active Sky to get me my weather, and a large community out there supporting the sim, like PMDG, Aerosoft, AVSIM, Quality Wings, and Level-D, that will be the day I'll invest real money and time into X-Plane.

The problem is that everyone expects everything to be perfect right now. Nobody places value on the fact that x-Plane does many things better already, and that it's still being developed. If everyone says what you did, it'll never get there.

Yep that is the impression I get , anyway of changing this ?

Iam checking the engine rpm counter when verifying what is happening

Lol just tested this again trying the small slider on throttle

0%=100% full power ....... reverse, plane moves backwards

50%=idle no power

100%=100% Full power ... forward

Iam assuming real planes do not have reverse on their throttles ?

I was about to write this, its usually reverse at zero. Very annoying on approaches when you are trying to get a glideslops and you got to idle it a bit only to hit reverse!

I never got it fixed so I only flew a f33 single engine from then on.

The problem is that everyone expects everything to be perfect right now. Nobody places value on the fact that x-Plane does many things better already, and that it's still being developed. If everyone says what you did, it'll never get there.

It does seem to do some things better but then austin in his arrogance seem to place little importance on things that a vast number of fsx users take for granted and want.

Yep that is the impression I get , anyway of changing this ?

Iam checking the engine rpm counter when verifying what is happening

Lol just tested this again trying the small slider on throttle

0%=100% full power ....... reverse, plane moves backwards

50%=idle no power

100%=100% Full power ... forward

Iam assuming real planes do not have reverse on their throttles ?

How is the slider moving in the axis assign page?

Because reverse throttle doesn't any make sense, you just have to idle, engage the thrust reversers and apply forward thrust again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Another beta is out,seems very stable,Some pics of The Dutchess around Seattle.

LES_Duchess_1.png

LES_Duchess_16.png

My Seattle does not have the highrise buildings but settings are pretty much maxed out. Anything I miss somewhere or did they come with the new update.

With the price of ammunition these days do not expect a warning shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

the complaints are hilarious because microsoft flight's terrain looks horrendous compared to x-plane 10.

And they've simulated more than a square half mile. Terrain looks pretty nice actually.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

• 2 weeks later...