X-Plane News ONLY (not discussion)

Shaman

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And has been in this state for about 3 years, since the moment they shut down ACES. Stupid, stupid people investing in the dead platform for so long... there are so many better simulators with 3rd party addon support, powerful SDK's and big user base. :P

Agreed. But try telling to PMDG or LDS. When you put all your eggs in the FSuX basket you need a rich fantasy life to sleep at night.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Mower, my previous post was sarcastic. :)

As of now, there are no better sims for addon developer than FSX, so it's no surprise that developers like PMDG stick to that.

XP10 is still in development, what we got here is a beta demo, which from what I've read is not better than FSX in terms of bugs and performance.

XP9 is much less popular than MSFS, so it's very hard to justify spending months/years of work to make complex addons for that. And in many ways it's comparable with older FS9, not FSX.

DCS, RoF, Il2 have closed architecure, you can't make addon planes for them. Maybe it would be possible to do some contractual work, but that would mean playing by somebody's else rules and doing only what you are told or allowed to do.

One thing is certain, with so many simulators on the horizon, the future will be interesing :)

P.S.

Thanks Phantom88 :)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Well, it seems you're no longer correct on that.

Oh, so I can make a custom airplane from scratch, complete with FM, custom avionics and systems written in C++ or other equally powerful programming language, and sell it on my own?

If so, count me in, where's the link to SDK? :P

Edited by some1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

One thing is certain, with so many simulators on the horizon, the future will be interesing :)

Oh crumbs - ever since I started in 2006 there have been a lot of simulators on the horizon.......Thing is only ED seem to deliver :D

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Oh crumbs - ever since I started in 2006 there have been a lot of simulators on the horizon.......Thing is only ED seem to deliver :D

You only started simming 5 years ago, and it appears you know heap loads more than I do, and was given a mod badge to boot!

Where did I go wrong???? Tell me baby, where did I go wrong cuz nothing... :D

Oh, so I can make a custom airplane from scratch, complete with FM, custom avionics and systems written in C++ or other equally powerful programming language, and sell it on my own?

If so, count me in, where's the link to SDK? :P

Have you done any go-fast stuff that isn't bound to get hit by random teen villager chugging rocks at random birds or modeled an avionic suite that can toss a bomb on said teen's head from 15,000 feet? Just wondering. :D

Edited by leafer
  • Like 2

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Have you done any go-fast stuff that isn't bound to get hit by random teen villager chugging rocks at random birds or modeled an avionic suite that can toss a bomb on said teen's head from 15,000 feet? Just wondering. :D

Does F-104 Starfighter count?

Seriously, you haven't answered my question.

anyone receipt his/her first dvd s ?)

i am going to get XP10 direct from laminar research,..as i think the aerosofts box release is to far in the future!) the sims potential will get improved continously, as the performance, details and payware addons!)

i think we had a great year 2011 from sim pilots point of view..

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just downloaded the installer from the website for the demo of X10 and my virus scanner went crazy and detected the installer was a virus and deleted the install.

Is that normal because the file name starts with a "X"?

Kapersky didn't have an issue with it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hmm.. Weird. Maybe because I'm using Norton.

(OT) Haha. I see you live in the same area I do.

I have licenses for McAfee, Norton and Kapersky and I prefer Kapersky for my game machine. It just causes less problems and those it does are easily handled.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

^ That's actually a very nice looking cockpit.

I always found the in-cockpit experience of X-plane lacking in relation to MSFS, but I am talking about version 7 or 8.

Do all airplanes have these high quality 3D cockpits now or is this a payware expansion?

The best thing about X-plane has always been its performance. Super high framerates made it a perfect tool to practise IFR procedures with.

It has helped my during flightschool a lot of times.

If X-plane 10 is indeed such a big leap forward I will instantly buy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

^ That's actually a very nice looking cockpit.

I always found the in-cockpit experience of X-plane lacking in relation to MSFS, but I am talking about version 7 or 8.

Do all airplanes have these high quality 3D cockpits now or is this a payware expansion?

The best thing about X-plane has always been its performance. Super high framerates made it a perfect tool to practise IFR procedures with.

It has helped my during flightschool a lot of times.

If X-plane 10 is indeed such a big leap forward I will instantly buy.

It's actually a default plane in the Demo,BeechCraft Baron 58.The Gauges are really nice for default,and the engine sound is fantastic!

Baron_58_2.png

EagleEye those shots are incredible:thumbup:

Patrick

mini.gif