A-10C Training Video Available - Start Up

Wags

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for the epic awesomeness!!!

But I promised myself that I wouldn't fly it until my simpit is complete. Argggh!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Oh I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

This is all I can think of listening to these vids.

(Language warning for the link BTW) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPHuE5pDlEs

lolz!:megalol:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Looks and sounds fantastic!

Somebody else mentioned it, and I noticed it too; the A-10 flying the overhead sounded very realistic.

The engine start modelling looked really nice, and I especially appreciate the finer details like the APU EGT increase during start, realistic FF behavior, and a nice "rollback" once stable idle had been reached. Even the Core (N2) idle speed was correct assuming the temperature was ISA (15c).

The only discrepancy I noticed is that the engine Oil Pressure gauges look like they're not hooked up yet.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

This is an all new training system for us that we believe will make training much more enjoyable and instructive than the earlier Track File system.

Well: mission accomplished! This tutorial method is just perfect.

It looked like when the fan started turning, the virtual joystick was vibrating, or just my imagination? Anyway very cool.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Thanks Wags, massive improvement over BS training material and certainly the kind of material the DCS series should be creating IMHO.

On a side note who fell asleep when asked by mr J to press the CDU OSB on the right MFD :lol: (got to love TLA's!!!)

~~~ Win7 64bit // i5 2500K @4.2Ghz // ASUS P8P67 Pro ~~~

~~~ H50 Cooler // 12GB 1600 DDR3 // EVGA GTX580 SC ~~~

~~~ TMW // Combat Pedals // TrackIR 4 ~~~

Are you kiding?why ED tease us soooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Its brutal,impresive,outstanding,gorges,perfect,tremendes video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Icant still believe this i will fly a real A-10C !!!!!!!Dreams become true:)

Thanks ED your the best in the branch really!!!!!Best of the best!!!!I love you guys

P.s:Sorry for my english

Gigabyte 790XTA-UD4,AMD Phenom II x2 555 black edition 3,7 Ghz,Zepelin 4Gb 1333Mhz ddr3,Gigabyte HD 5770 Superoverclock,HAF 922,TrackIR5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah excellent stuff looking awesome

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Very good!! With these and the producers note 2 I already think I can start up and taxi :) Taking off will be another story... Looking forward to first flight in this :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Sim/Game CV: Falcon 1,3,4. Gunship. A10 TankKiller. Fighter Bomber. Strike eagle 2&3. F19 Stealth Fighter. F117. Wings. F29 Retaliator. Jetfighter II. F16 Fighting Falcon. Strike Commander. F22 Raptor. F16MRF. ATF. EF2000. Longbow 1&2. TankKiller2 Silent Thunder. Hind. Apache Havoc. EECH. EAW. F22 ADF. TAW. Janes WW2,USAF,IAF,F15,F18. F18 Korea. F18 Super Hornet. B17 II. CFS 2. Flanker 2&2.5. BOB. Mig Alley. IL2. LOMAC. IL2FB. FC2. DCS:BS. DCS:A10C.

Thanks for releasing these videos, really like the interactive training. I recognize the instructor's voice from somewhere...

On a side note, I get the feeling testing the cockpit systems like lamps and quantity gauges won't actually be a necessary procedure. But I HOPE ED models things like bulb life and dynamics etc. Though I don't think this sim will be that advanced.

I also assume there's no real need to watch things like EGT and compressor speeds during engine start?

Edited by 636_Castle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!