ragdoll physics

leafer

And to what application have you thought?

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

The aircraft i don t know but the mud lickers... just for the sake of fun, and the demise of phisics.:D

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Ragdoll physics is for skeletal meshes and last I checked the hog doesn't have any appendages to use it on..

Tanks have the barel ... ;)

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

We want to see the flailing man pads in our rear view mirrors after a good bomb run:lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

We want to see the flailing man pads in our rear view mirrors after a good bomb run:lol:

We need Euphoria then!

http://www.naturalmotion.com/euphoria.htm

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

GA's Project X showed soldiers being peppered with rounds and a truck that took a direct hit from a Mav but none of them budge. My daughter likes to watch me fly BS so no, I don't want anything sadistic done to human AI but at least be blown away or somethng.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

GA's Project X showed soldiers being peppered with rounds and a truck that took a direct hit from a Mav but none of them budge. My daughter likes to watch me fly BS so no, I don't want anything sadistic done to human AI but at least be blown away or somethng.

Teaching the kids to fly DCS? Nice.:thumbup:

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

I have to wonder what it would actually contribute to the simulator. It is so rare that you would even be close enough to see the effects of it that I don't think it is worth the clock cycles on CPU and GPU. (And yes, even if the actual computation is done on the GPU, it does cost CPU cycles since that is the components that "gives orders", and there's tonnes of things where those CPU cycles can be better spent.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

^^^^^^

In a fast jet sim, I agree.

One of the few places it might add something palpable is in the area of ground crew interaction. I'm thinking in terms of a crew chief, the arming/disarming crew at EOR, hot refueling, etc.

But beyond that, the existing infantry capabilities showcased in the footage of GA's trailer seems sufficient for strafing them at 300kt and 5,000ft slant range.

This technology would certainly pique my interest if we were talking about using FLIR to watch insurgents plant IED's in a hypothetical DCS:Apache.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

I have to agree that this doesn't seem like a necessary feature with the A10c. However adding little details like this, time permitting of course, does add to the immersion in these types of games. In the much slower flying Black Shark I do find the lack of reaction in my targets (except of course for the switch from non damaged model to damaged model) a little bit disconcerting.

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

I have to agree that this doesn't seem like a necessary feature with the A10c. However adding little details like this, time permitting of course, does add to the immersion in these types of games. In the much slower flying Black Shark I do find the lack of reaction in my targets (except of course for the switch from non damaged model to damaged model) a little bit disconcerting.

Wait a minute, if A-10C will be compatible with Black Shark, wouldn't they have to import the A.I. and graphical improvements?

I'm not sure what ragdolls would add to the ground crew either unless you intend to murder them and make off with the jet :P. Maybe in Grand Theft Warthog?

Sorry, I was more ambiguous than I realized. I was referencing the "Euphoria" link posted above, which appears to use technology that goes far beyond "basic" rag doll physics.

The video there shows movements and behaviors that look far superior to standard key-framed animations typically seen these days.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

Sorry, I was more ambiguous than I realized. I was referencing the "Euphoria" link posted above, which appears to use technology that goes far beyond "basic" rag doll physics.

The video there shows movements and behaviors that look far superior to standard key-framed animations typically seen these days.

Ah, my bad. I could see it improving animations, though unfortunately I can't really see that being a priority for the DCS series very soon. I also wonder how easy integrating middleware into TFCSE would be, as the engine seems a bit steeped in legacy stuff and home-grown approaches sometimes. I guess only the developers would know the answer to that, though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN,

I understand there are more pressing features and fixes to be implemented and that is why I worded my first post as such; will we ever see it in DCS series?

I know I'd get shot down for this but I feel little soldiers as well as other objects, no matter how insignificant they may be, should behave the same way they would in real life in a sim of this caliber. The immersion factor will go through the roof from seeing, on the FLIR, AI soldiers react to your presence and then being blown around like they would in real life.

you gotta admit though that this will make one hell of a track. I'm not advocating gore for our beloved hobby, but a lot of people are fascinated by this stuff and this could rake in gamers from across the genre.

• Like 1

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

There is no object physics in DCS I don't think. Not like you are used to seeing in FPS games today. Explosions are scripted but may sometimes seem to have physics. This is one reason the trucks do not roll to a stop I think. Though I guess that could be scripted as well.

This is all my assumptions from playing BS, no inside info.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Its just a compromise.

World War 2 online has air,ground and sea operations. Arma 2 similar.

WW2Online leans more towards the overall realistic side and ARMA2 more towards ground troops.

I like both games but flying a chopper in ARMA 2 is a joke IMHO.

WW2Online (or Battleground Europe as it is called nowadays) has its own set of issues.

I would love to see the realstic DCS in the air and for instance ARMA 2 as ground.

It will probably never happen in the next 20 years.

Just my two cents.

Intel I7-10700K, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVMe, MSI Z490 ACE, RAM:64GB DDR4 3600, WIN 10-64, 1080Ti😩

Waiting on a good RTX

AH-64D|AV-88|A10CII|F16CM|FA18C|F14B|NV|PG|Syria

Its just a compromise.

World War 2 online has air,ground and sea operations. Arma 2 similar.

WW2Online leans more towards the overall realistic side and ARMA2 more towards ground troops.

I like both games but flying a chopper in ARMA 2 is a joke IMHO.

WW2Online (or Battleground Europe as it is called nowadays) has its own set of issues.

I would love to see the realstic DCS in the air and for instance ARMA 2 as ground.

It will probably never happen in the next 20 years.

Just my two cents.

Are you crazy?

20 years is a lifetime for technology. Even more so considering the rapid rate we're accelerating. In 20 years, you know the difference between simulator and real life.