Saitek X65-F

this is how I do mine, plug in the x65f without a profile, open blakshark go to options and click into the saitek x65f column and the click the clear catergory then close black shark.

now make your profile for blackshark in the sst profile editor and when you start up blackshark it will accept your commands without conflict, you will have to go into the axis part of options to program the commands in game for the axis commands though but that is quite easy, basiclly what you do is clear the command that is there then click add then move the axis that you are programing, for example if you are programing the collective then you will move the throttles of the x65f and the blackshark program will recognise it and then you save it. Do this with all your axis commands.

I like this method because you can play around with different profiles that you make and try them out very easily.I have posted a profile on here somewhere try it out if you dont like it just change it in the sst profile editor.I should tell you I have trackir and pedals I hope this is iof some help to you.

Win 10,MB GA-X79S-UP5 cpu i7-3820 water cooled,GPU 1080ti ,psu corsair HX1200i,,ram Dominator 32GB trackir 5,VKB Gunfighter stick , throttle ,saitek x65f & CH pedals

• 3 weeks later...

possibly getting the x65-f, how well is it build(bad experience whit Saitek), how well is it constructed, all the switches and buttons are firmly in their places?

Got the cyborg X cheap ass stick, one button from the stick head fell of whit in a few weeks, glued it back whit some ballpointpen spring in.

-Whipe

Not hijackig the thread here but i got a question for you X65 owners.

Does the X65 have a two stage trigger like the X52/pro has?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 3930K.

16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe.

Asus GTX680 2Gb.

Auzentech Home Theater 3D Sound.

TM Warthog HOTAS.

TM Cougar MFD's.

Saitek Flight Pro pedals.

TrackIR 5.

Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH

so i got thehotas, started wondering about "dual trigger" like implementation, could it be possible to macro the 1st and second stage to the trigger so that it works whit out the 1second delay whats normaly on warthog gun stabilation on one stage trigger. altough this way i could not stabilize first for the time i want and then fire, but could get the stabilation to work at the same time i fire, whitout the delay, definately testing next weekend when i get home back on the desktop.

i got belkin/razer n52ti game pad, and it has great macro cababilities, there can be set delays between button presses in the macro, if saitek would have this kind on system, it could be set as first the stab button then something like 500millisecond delay to fire pres, could work pretty well.

Not hijackig the thread either, but could someone please tell me the measures of the throttel & stick. My cockpit project is at a standstill right now and I'm thinking of buying the X65-F but I would like to know the size of the bottom plates for the stick & throttle.

Thanks!

- With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

- "Upside-down shuttlecock of death" SU-27 as described by Sgt Baker

Ok as far as the construction it is solid. I do not know what the internals are. I have the trim function to one of the hats on the throttle and it works well, as with all trim you have to trim wait for it to settle, trim again if needed. I have had this stick for 2 months and it works great. It took about a week to really get used to it.

The throttle is a bit bigger then the 52 with the panel projecting out of the front, this is for the force settings and mode lights as well as the four t buttons.

I can get the dimensions when I get home for the base of both.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

I went home for Lunch, 7"x7 "is the base diameter for both.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

I went home for Lunch, 7"x7 "is the base diameter for both.

Thanks, much appreciated! Let's see 7" x 2,54 cm = 17,78 cm...

:thumbup:

- With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

- "Upside-down shuttlecock of death" SU-27 as described by Sgt Baker

• 10 years later...

Anybody know how to have the mode slider on the X65F throttle behave as a 3-position switch instead? I have the Saitek device drivers installed, and I think I can uninstall those and achieve this result; however, I lose some of the other button use in that configuration.  My target platform is the DCS Viper, and I'm trying to achieve the best of both worlds, obviously.  If so, I'd very much appreciate an assist.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by dproko

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // Saitek X65F Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //

dproko,

When in Programming mode for the X65 software ... try choose the Grid View (if that is available to you) versus the View that has the picture of the Throttle Unit ... you will see they typical drop down arrow that lets you assign a key function or create a macro when changing to that Mode (M1, M2, or M3)

Assumption.. the same programming software for the X55/56 HOTAS is used with the X65 ... In the X55/56 profile interface you don't see that function to program the actual MODE if in the image of throttle unit view.

Edited by AldoUSMC

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit

20 hours ago, AldoUSMC said:

dproko,

When in Programming mode for the X65 software ... try choose the Grid View (if that is available to you) versus the View that has the picture of the Throttle Unit ... you will see they typical drop down arrow that lets you assign a key function or create a macro when changing to that Mode (M1, M2, or M3)

Assumption.. the same programming software for the X55/56 HOTAS is used with the X65 ... In the X55/56 profile interface you don't see that function to program the actual MODE if in the image of throttle unit view.

Thanks @AldoUSMC  I will try that when I get back to my simpit and report back.

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
=============================
Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5GHz, 32Gb RAM// Radeon RX Vega // SSD only // Saitek X65F Throttle / TM Warthog FCS / Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals / Physical Cockpit // TrackIR or VR (HP R-G2)// Win10Pro 64bit //