Joystick configuration tips and advices

Bucic

I have to clean up my sig a bit so there you go.

First an advise to all newbies who haven't got a top tier game controllers - set curvatures of around 15 % for cyclick pitch, roll and rudder axes without hesitation! If you don't use curvature, you actually make it harder for yourself than real pilots and thus - harder than you should.

Use User Curve if you need more control over the shape of the curve.

deadzone_vs_curvature.jpg

deadzone_vs_curvature2.jpg

deadzone_vs_curvature_3.jpg

From the human motor control perspective axis curvature is a bad solution and deadzone is even worse. You use curvature only by the minimum value that helps you overcome the limitations of your game controller and you favor curvature over deadzone.

Joystick saturation and curvature. - ED Forums http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94283

Edited by Bucic

important side-note for DCS:Black Shark with FFB Stick.

LEAVE all settings linear and use no deadzone if you use a FFB Stick. If you put curves on the axis it will mess up the physical correspondence of the position when you trimmed. The stick moves after you have applied the trim and will not hold the trimmed position.

By the way:

How to unchain the rudder from trim

Edited by PeterP

important side-note for DCS:Black Shark with FFB Stick.

LEAVE all settings linear and use no deadzone if you use a FFB Stick. If you put curves on the axis it will mess up the physical correspondence of the position when you trimmed. The stick moves after you have applied the trim and will not hold the trimmed position.

By the way:

How to unchain the rudder from trim

Thanks.

Check out my response at your original topic.