Good rig for dcs?

Well is it? It's a little on the expensive side for my budget tho... I'll find a way if its good. BTW UBER 1tb HDD :)

Processor

Intel® Core™ i3

Processor Speed

3.2GHz

<LI class=banded>Cache Memory

4MB

System Memory (RAM)

8GB

<LI class=banded>System Memory (RAM) Expandable To

16GB

Type of Memory (RAM)

DDR3

<LI class=banded>Hard Drive Type

SATA

Hard Drive Size

1TB

win 7 64 bit.

TY in advance

Go ahead, Make it idiot proof, someone will just find better idiots...;)

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator HD

Or at least thats the only thing i could find on the site.

Perhaps I should upgrade my current os?

I currently have a hp pavilion a6230n.

nvidia geforce 6150se

3072 system memory

400 gb hdd

amd athlon 64x2 dual core processor 5600+.

Should I upgrade this?

If so, what should i put in it. links and reasons appreciated. Wouldn't I need a new power supply? And a cooling fan? Should I upgrade to a 64bit os? maybe win 7? I have vista now. From what i understand, I need a cpu the most, correct? Right now on fc2 I get more of a slideshow than a simulation. If i have problems with fc2, imagine dcs A-10c! Haven't even gotten to play fc2 its so bad. All help apprecited. when it comes to upgrading im techtarded.:D

Also my budget is less than 400$ and even that is pretty high.

Edited by snowman123

Go ahead, Make it idiot proof, someone will just find better idiots...;)

This is in no way intended to be rude or disheartening or anything but I think that $400 USD is a tad to little to get a gaming rig that runs these games well. If I were you I'd save up until I had at least twice that amount of money before even thinking about buying a gaming computer.

But if you're lucky you might find something used for $400-550 that is in the range of being able to play these games.

The main limiting factor (in these games) seems to be CPU-power, so don't go shy on that one, get at least a lower-range Core i5 or something similar from AMD (don't know what models sorry). The next big thing is graphics card, but you already got some good suggestions there I think. Considering that RAM is as cheap as it is and not the biggest factor in gameplay you'll be fine with whatever you can get a hold of (preferably minimum 4GB+ DDR2), and if you're really lucky and plan wisely you might be able to get a motherboard that can fit your current RAM sticks.

I'm not sure about the prices in the states but over here (Sweden) these bare necessity components will run you (buying new, retail goods I might add) at least $500+ USD, if we assume you'll keep your old HDD, computer case, power supply and peripherals.

Read some reviews, ask around, look through the internet and you'll hopefully find something :book:

And as a last note from me, never ever consider buying a gaming computer with an integrated graphics card. A computer sold with an integrated graphics card is in my opinion the hallmark of a computer that's always going to be just-below what you want from it, in any regard. It's a great indicator of a computer vendor that includes the crappiest hardware in packages to make the greatest amount of money from uninformed customers that look at the specs and it says HD and they go "whooow, H--D--!". I'm not saying you are like this, just making an example.

I wish you the best of luck in finding your good rig for DCS! :thumbup:

Edited by Boulund

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

If you're looking for maximum horsepower for minimum cost, I would advise you to consider an AMD system. Your Intel buddies will have the edge in terms of pure performance, but you'll have the edge in terms of the cost/performance curve. Here's what a typical budget build might look like:

• BIOSTAR A770E3 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
  • AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core
  • SAPPHIRE 100283L Radeon HD 5770
  • G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
  • COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M600 RS-600-AMBA-D3 600W

Those components will set you back about $450. Add another $150 for a case, HDD and optical drive if you don't already have them. That should get you off the ground in decent style. If you have some money to spare after that, upgrade the CPU to a Phenom II X4.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

Sorry to Hijack the thread, but I know there are always about a million threads asking whether a certain spec is a good idea, so I thought I'd at least piggyback on an existing one.

I'm considering building a PC in January. I'm aware of new hardware due to be released, but I feel there's usually something new around the corner, so I thought I'd set a time to build based on various financial factors (how long it'll take me to get the money unless I win the lottery, possible price reductions just after christmas, before VAT increases in the UK)

Nothing's really set in stone yet, but I was wondering if I was looking along the right lines to build a capable sim PC, bearing in mind i'm likely to play various other games as well.

HDD: 1TB 7000rpm (make undecided)

CPU: Intel Core i5 (or i7 if prices drop enough) around 3.2 Ghz, will probably try to overclock to about 4Ghz with Arctic Freezer Extreme rev 2. Is there something bad about the clarkdale i5's)?

Mobo - Undecided, not sure what to look for really

Case: probably Antec 300

GPU: GTX 460 either 1gb or 2gb, possibly SLI depending on funds.

RAM: 4-8Gb DDR3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Probably need a 750w PSU I imagine. IS that right? Will go for 80+

Monitor: required but undecided (can't be much over 19")

Am I missing anything? Any advice?

Rusty, looks like a decent setup, but if you want bang for buck, you can go for an AMD system. They offer a bit less performance (but if you overclock, that difference wont be noticable), but at a fraction of the cost. I mate of me has a i7 920, and It was neck-a-neck (he didn't overclock though).

Anyway: dont go cheap on the processor, get an i7 if you can and overclock that. If you can get a good deal on a 1366 motherboard and an i7 processor, go with that, you can always upgrade in the future. My first real pc was an amd, and I upgraded as I went allong, and I'm happy to report I can play black shark at full detail in a busy environment with smooth gameplay. I cant tell about the warthog, because I don't have it yet, because I dont have a credit card :(.

Hope this helps

So I have suitable means to pay, but inferior means to play. You seem to be suffering from the opposite problem.

By a good deal, did you mean something like this?

http://www.dabs.com/products/asus-intel-ultimate-bundle--includes-p6x58d-e-motherboard---core-i7-930-2-8ghz-processor--7402.html

Thinking of maybe seeing if I can get a deal on the 950, although getting all of this within budget will be tight, though, I think, not impossible. I was thinking of going with intel, as I'd heard somewhere they're more overclockable than AMD. I don't know what sort of o/c I'll be able to do with no more than £30 worth of cooling, especially as it's something I've never looked into before. Time will tell.

Ive been thinking of upgrading myself. (well because its been over 2 years since I built my current PC). So far Ive always had Intel/Nvidia setup.

Posts Ive read seam to have either intel/nvidia or AMD/Radeon.

Does anyone use AMD/Nvidia setup or are there compatibility problems with this combo?

Don't ask me for advice on these Two Subjects:

1.. How to Take Off in the Dora!

2.. How to Land the Dora!

UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE!