Red Flag in DCS A-10C

shackman

I read I believe it was on the official page that in DCS A-10 you'll particpiate in Red Flag exercises? What exactly does that translate into? Will there be visitors and not just Russian armor to shoot but other countries to practice on? Or will it just mean a 2ship flight of hogs going to a turkey shoot?

Will there be a campaign?

Edited by shackman
  • Like 1

I don't know if the red flag will be built into the campaign, but it's something the mp community will host for sure. Red Flag games go on now with LOMAC and BS and I'm sure that, or similar events is what that's referring to.

It doubt it will be limited to a 2 ship formation, it will probably be larger. The limit being set by the admin of the event I would assume.

Just guessing though.

I don't know if the red flag will be built into the campaign, but it's something the mp community will host for sure. Red Flag games go on now with LOMAC and BS and I'm sure that, or similar events is what that's referring to.

It doubt it will be limited to a 2 ship formation, it will probably be larger. The limit being set by the admin of the event I would assume.

Just guessing though.

Well I hope it just isn't limited to MP, but also some SP.

Well the idea is that Nellis is the host of real red flag training missions, so there is bound to be at least one proper red flag style event at the virtual Nellis airbase. It still needs more flyable aircraft though to make it a proper experience. I'm sure with some creative use of triggers we could pull it off with just Ka-50 and A-10C, but its not quite the same.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum