ED SIMS SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO THREAD!!!! (NO USER MODS OR COMMENT)

rekoal

@ Macadam Cow

Mamma Mia!........Simply Beautiful ! :thumbsup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.69squadrone.it

S.O: Win7 64bit

MB: ASUS 1366 P6X58D-E (Audio card integrated)

CPU: INTEL Core i7 950 3.06Ghz 8MB

GPU: GTX470 Gainward 1280MB GDDR5 "Golden Sample"

HD: Western Digital 500GB WD5000AAKS 7200rpm 16MB

RAM: DDR3 1333Mhz PC10666 6GB Kingston

Accessories:TrackIR5 6DOF, Hotas Cougar.

Top shot is really nice, Mustang. Even if the fuzzy bloom look (as it always seems to be) is rather extreme.

Nice shots there Mustang :thumbup:

but

Pumping flares out while tankering ? :D

Isn't this prohibited IRL when refueling ? :smartass:

This could be extremly dangerous :megalol:

sign-pic4.jpg

XCy9R.jpg

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Furthermore i made a new gear bay textore

That's still the default Hornet model which has been with us since LOMAC v1.0, right? Amazing - what was the poly count again, something like 15000? What on earth do you need 100000+ polys for? Ok, the canopy doesn't look perfectly round yet, as do a few other small details, so make it 20000, maybe even up to 50000 if you want to have a very detailed damage model. But more than that (even on ground vehicles), while having a terrain mesh where you can almost count the triangles by hand?

I really hope ED stops making vehicle models even more detailed than they are now, some of them are already far better than they ever need to be. Instead, they should make sure EDGE has the highest terrain mesh resolution they can possibly accommodate, that would be a far more useful application of resources IMHO. I like eye-candy as much as anybody, but the player spends 98% of the time looking out of the cockpit with the terrain as a constant backdrop, NOT admiring in external view the 3D HUD cable on the glare shield of the F-15E that he isn't even flying!

• Like 2

What on earth do you need 100000+ polys for?

But more than that (even on ground vehicles), while having a terrain mesh where you can almost count the triangles by hand?

I really hope ED stops making vehicle models even more detailed than they are now, some of them are already far better than they ever need to be. Instead, they should make sure EDGE has the highest terrain mesh resolution they can possibly accommodate, that would be a far more useful application of resources IMHO. I like eye-candy as much as anybody, but the player spends 98% of the time looking out of the cockpit with the terrain as a constant backdrop, NOT admiring in external view the 3D HUD cable on the glare shield of the F-15E that he isn't even flying!

This is what LOD's are for... :doh:

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

So the performance impact is mitigated to a great extent by LOD instancing (which however didn't work particularly well until not so long ago, IIRC) - fine. The immense visual dissonance remains.

Edited by Trident

So the performance impact is mitigated to a great extent by LOD instancing (which however didn't work particularly well until not so long ago, IIRC) - fine. The immense visual dissonance remains.

LODs =/= AI

Basically AI is much more complicated than Drawing 3D objects.

Nate