ED SIMS SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO THREAD!!!! (NO USER MODS OR COMMENT)

rekoal

Some shots from a great MP session on Sunday - the mission started just before sunrise and went until mid-morning.

Scouting out the road to Kutaisi:

2rokdcg.jpg

Sunrise - 6:00 AM:

24cciop.jpg

35hif7q.jpg

7:30 AM:

3585v9d.jpg

es6efl.jpg

Sometimes this game just looks beautiful.

summer grass mod & wind sock add-on wip.. And the fabulous fire & smoke mod too ! essential for this test :), gives the notion of the unfinished wind sock some credability given its angle lol.

it is loosly based on the parameters of the L-807/808 wind sock in respects to its height and sock dimensions, but its style is that from a picture i quite liked. (got this pdf file with some info)

db5307a6.jpg

looks more like a plant pot presently .ha.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

my first addition to the dcs world \o/ hurrah`s ! very basic test that came out rather well. now im excited for the possibilities before me.

4e2e18fd.jpg

Is that a fully functioning wind sock???? OMG I hope it is !!!! That's soo needed. Can it be applied to any airports and Farps?

Speed is life !!!

Sorry for stealing your original screenshot paulrkiii, but I couldn't resist:D

vzyahk.jpg

Good one :p

7585537702_6433a9670e_o.jpg

"What? No, it was like this when I got here!"

Edited by Corrigan

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

2-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

The last thing they ever see....

5-1.jpg

1-2.jpg

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Is that a fully functioning wind sock???? OMG I hope it is !!!! That's soo needed. Can it be applied to any airports and Farps?

its a mission editor assett. and sadly i must let you down, its static and doesnt not move to the wind. but i have 6 models pertaining to different wind strengths and inline with the beufort wind scale, my sock can represent any windforce from 0m/s upto 8/ms which the flag flies horizontal at(force 0-5). so its realstic representation of the real world wind factors. but regards moving it. fact of the matter is, you glance at the sock, and take your information from it, then thats probally the last you see of it. its not in a position to be seen constantly really.

so animating it whilst very cool. might even be a touch to much. but i am making up exscuses.... it can be placed anywhere on the map. if anyone would like to help change that animated aspect it would be appreciated, get in touch please. hope an sdk helps me more in the future.

model viewer seems to want to load a lua (for) some animation file or so, any tips? pm me.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the info. Even though its not animated it's a great addon. If the smoke from the chimney's can bend with the wind I'm sure there is a way to use that info to animate the sock.

i got my modellor guy on it at the mo, not sure about the outcome.

with some minor attention it looks even better.

wind force 0-5 (lol this picture illustrates a heavy gust in DCS. honestly:doh:)

its actually a very nice object to learn from, animations possibilities, then internally lighted socks, and externally lighted socks. and ofcourse the implementation to directly reflect changes in weather. but im not getting carried away just yet. but of all the wonderfully dynamic objects out there this is the one to work on and go forward with via the learning required :)

b468728b.jpg

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice model Ali Fish :thumbup:

I will try to help you but what is your goal ?

A complete windsock effect ? Waveing like a flag in (calm) wind ? with shaking, rotating, moving a bit left-right up-down animations ?

or did you already make some animations ?

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Nice model Ali Fish :thumbup:

I will try to help you but what is your goal ?

A complete windsock effect ? Waveing like a flag in (calm) wind ? with shaking, rotating, moving a bit left-right up-down animations ?

or did you already make some animations ?

animations in progress.

Goals, 3 options. 1 considered accomplished. my ultimate goal is to learn it myself. through some key information if possible.

ultimate goal = 1 windsock that reads from the wind ingame and reacts accordingly. (implementation to dcs required.)

or

models with basic animation. non reactive to wind differences set in ME.(implementation to DCS required)

or

static model with 1 frame taken from animation.(considered accomplished)

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

animations in progress.

Goals, 3 options. 1 considered accomplished. my ultimate goal is to learn it myself. through some key information if possible.

1. ultimate goal = 1 windsock that reads from the wind ingame and reacts accordingly. (implementation to dcs required.)

or

2. models with basic animation. non reactive to wind differences set in ME.(implementation to DCS required)

or

3. static model with 1 frame taken from animation.(considered accomplished)

No.2 is possible. Implemented. You can add into ME with animation but you need pre-rotate the object accordingly to wind direction.

oops, sry, edited: No.1 is not possible. Not yet, as i know. Only objects with smoke "work" by wind power and direction. Nor - not even smoke marking rockets :cry:

Edited by HungaroJET
Ali Fish: presume you mean no 1 not possible

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

No.2 is possible. Implemented. You can add into ME with animation but you need pre-rotate the object accordingly to wind direction.

No.3 is not possible. Not yet, as i know. Only objects with smoke "work" by wind power and direction. Nor - not even smoke marking rockets :cry:

presume you mean no 1 not possible . Pm sent. sorry to clogg the thread up. best take this to its own thread if theres an advance on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

weathered metal is coming along nice, soon itll be down to a proper vintage look.:smilewink: looks great from a bit of distance too. all dynamic btw :unsure:

0cf77fa5.jpg

this was just a tiger meet idea test with the weathered stuff. not sure i like it at all. love the wings though, very similar to a few photos i have.

c9178bc4.jpg

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]