ED SIMS SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO THREAD!!!! (NO USER MODS OR COMMENT)

rekoal

Ukrainian and "Besovets", it's my job

possibly

not planned yet

At 1.2.5 adds new skin for Su27

Flanker...are you guys planning on releasing an official Su27 skin template? :) That would be awesome for starting new skins. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

I'm sure once the model is finished and finalized, a template will surface.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Great to see smoke cans for the mustang in 1.2.4! thx

Hey Ali, that's nice :thumbup: but you should use the appropriate smoke generator model: hvar_SmokeGenerator.edm :)

You will find in Shapes folder ;)

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Hey Ali, that's nice :thumbup: but you should use the appropriate smoke generator model: hvar_SmokeGenerator.edm :)

You will find in Shapes folder ;)

i be confused ? i just selected it in the arms part of mission editor. no modding from me. im using fresh install with no mods except my Penny 4 skinjob. looks similar to the smoke cans for the a10 to me.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh i see, i think that will be corrected in the future, so you should modding/change hvar-pod for correct look :)

What you used that was a sidewinder pod smoke generator model.

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Oh i see, i think that will be corrected in the future, so you should modding/change hvar-pod for correct look :)

What you used that was a sidewinder pod smoke generator model.

ahh ok i see. from that i take it this is some wingtip style smoke setup and it could be something different. (im not knowledgable on armaments of any sorts) but since last may i waited for smoke abbility on the 51. \o/ hurrahs for smoke !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

playing with spec files again lol, enhanced vividity is the result. but not at all angles due to the overall strange shader implementation since 1.2.2 The last shot is the only photoshopped picture as when the sun is in view its not very realistic with the yellow haze over the scene from the hdr.... looked good in game i thought. a bit more striking.

bgL1ppP.jpg

kf5keas.jpg

GqN0wjl.jpg

ljdRVLU.jpg

LWgNafP.jpg

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

playing with spec files again lol, enhanced vividity is the result. but not at all angles due to the overall strange shader implementation since 1.2.2 The last shot is the only photoshopped picture as when the sun is in view its not very realistic with the yellow haze over the scene from the hdr.... looked good in game i thought. a bit more striking.

bgL1ppP.jpg

kf5keas.jpg

GqN0wjl.jpg

ljdRVLU.jpg

LWgNafP.jpg

I like the dark skin is a real world aircraft? If so where can I get it?

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

cheers, my only aim to enhance how this sim can look. and exscuse for some nice pics. it is the same skin at 12:00 & 19:30 hrs. just some specular file changes on default ingame skin with a different art direction to whats intended.

another spec edit produces some plastic style effect at what is a rather restricted angle that the shader works between. these could do with widening and being smother from the zero effect transition to full effect what ever that maybe be, reflection, specular width / power etc cube maps. cloud reflections... shaders for 1.2.2 were better balanced. <wishes someone would listen>

q2jtTQP.jpg

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

cheers, my only aim to enhance how this sim can look. and exscuse for some nice pics. it is the same skin at 12:00 & 19:30 hrs. just some specular file changes on default ingame skin with a different art direction to whats intended.

another spec edit produces some plastic style effect at what is a rather restricted angle that the shader works between. these could do with widening and being smother from the zero effect transition to full effect what ever that maybe be, reflection, specular width / power etc cube maps. cloud reflections... shaders for 1.2.2 were better balanced. <wishes someone would listen>

q2jtTQP.jpg

It's cool how did you make it so shinny? Not sure in the real world the aircraft would be so waxed. :-) but some adjustments would be nice to play around with. ( I spent all day waxing my a-10) lol look it's shinny just in time for my nice day flight back to the US Nevada ;-) Not sure how I ended up in Russian territory but I got really drunk that day.

Dell XPS 8500 Modified

700 Watt PSU

Windows 8 Pro MCE

Intel I7 3770 3.8 GHZ TR (stock)

16GB DDR 3 PC12800

Gigabyte 760 OC 2.0GB

2x 2TB HD

[awesome pictures]

Augh, you and Blaze and your fancy custom HDR...! What files are you modifying, and is there any resource that would point me towards the relevant parameters? I can't make heads or tails of those .fx files.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

Augh, you and Blaze and your fancy custom HDR...! What files are you modifying, and is there any resource that would point me towards the relevant parameters? I can't make heads or tails of those .fx files.

only when p51 first came out did i try edit some hdr aspects. the game took many minuites to load in and wasnt worth it because you couldnt join servers . ive only edited spec files listed in the a10.zip file. located in bizzare/world/textures. i use gforce 670. right now im fresh install because ive not dabbled in dcs for months flying or modding. anyway they may look more vivid but they are not realistic in actuall fact. a few aspects make up for the lack of realism in the sim but its just an illusion at the end of the day that makes you think its better quality. but i do have a good eye and understanding of the graphics engines shortcomings with abbility to enhance.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]