Cant activate DCS-A-10 Beta

Creepy847

Today installed the 64bit version of the game only. Tried to run the game and the activation window came up. Typed my serial number in properly and clicked next.

This is the error that popped up:

Automatic activation failed.

If you have no Internet connection, you can perform the activation by other means.

Failure reason: Connection to the activation server failed. Please try again later.

To obtain an error report and send it to product technical support, press the corresponding button.

Ive trippled check the serial number and I normally dont have any issues with Lockon 2.0 or Blackshark.

Maybe the activation site is down?

This is also posted in the DCS A-10C Beta forums.

Anyone have any ideas on this problem?

Creepy847

Edited by Creepy847

The 32 bit installation worked. I uninstalled the 64bit standalone version and then reinstalled with the 32bit option checked and it allowed the Starforce software to create a hardware code which didnt work in the 64bit standalone version.

Creeps.

Vigil yes I can. I never had an issue getting to the starforce site. My issue was getting the 64bit option to give me a hardware code number. It caused and error everytime I tried to do anything. I finally uninstalled the DCS A-10C and then reinstalled with both the 32bit and 64bit option. I then started the 32bit multi exe and the activation worked.

Creeps

Edited by Creepy847