A-10C Keyboard Command List

SinandGrin

From your comment, does this mean that the actions can be changed/configured to custom keyboard commands within the sim itself- or- is there another workaround to configure them to to keyboard commands?

Yes, in the game options you can configure the controls to your liking, which includes assigning keypresses for all the functions that are listed. My suspicion is that most of these will have default keybindings by the time the game is actually released; but even if they don't, you can configure them how you like.

The game also supports any DirectInput devices directly, which I would assume XBox controllers are, so you might also be able to configure them directly within the game options. The game has built-in support for modifier buttons, i.e. if you press button 'A' it'll do one thing, but if you hold button 'D' (configured as a modifier) and then press 'A', it'll do something else.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game also supports any DirectInput devices directly, which I would assume XBox controllers are, so you might also be able to configure them directly within the game options. The game has built-in support for modifier buttons, i.e. if you press button 'A' it'll do one thing, but if you hold button 'D' (configured as a modifier) and then press 'A', it'll do something else.

SWEET! Although, with the Xpadder software, I can create multiple sets per key, such as: quick press, .5 second, 1 second, hold, etc- up to 8 sets per key or key combination. It also allows me to configure XBOX movements to mouse function- so no more wrestling with a real mouse. BUT... I still want the TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFD's! :pilotfly:

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-V // Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4Ghz o.c. 4.4Ghz // 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 PC2133 9-11-10-28 // MSI 570GTX Twin Frozr 1.25GB PCI-E 2.0 x16 // Win7 64-bit Home Premium ~~ DISPLAY: Sanyo 42" HDTV@1900x1080 ~~ DRIVES: Intel 330 series 60G Maple Crest SSD SATA III // WD 4000AAKS 400GB SATA II // WD Scorpio (laptop drive) 320GB SATA II ~~ CASE: AZZA Hurrican 2000 Full Tower // Cooler Master 750W P.S.

I did come across something in the keyboard command list... there are a couple of duplications of key commands. I know I've seen where buttons perform different functions depending if you're on the ground or in the air- I'm assuming it is the same for duplicated key commands. An example; "Jettison Weapons = W+Lctrl" and "Brake-Wheel on/off = W+Lctrl". I've seen this duplication a couple of other times- so I figured I'd ask about it.

SYSTEM: ASUS P8Z77-V // Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4Ghz o.c. 4.4Ghz // 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 PC2133 9-11-10-28 // MSI 570GTX Twin Frozr 1.25GB PCI-E 2.0 x16 // Win7 64-bit Home Premium ~~ DISPLAY: Sanyo 42" HDTV@1900x1080 ~~ DRIVES: Intel 330 series 60G Maple Crest SSD SATA III // WD 4000AAKS 400GB SATA II // WD Scorpio (laptop drive) 320GB SATA II ~~ CASE: AZZA Hurrican 2000 Full Tower // Cooler Master 750W P.S.

• 2 weeks later...
Good news guys. Ok I said earlier that only a few panels now appear in the Options/Control panel. If you have some input hardware like a leo board, it will appear as a column as BU0836 in the key assignment screen. Just select the desired category in the drop down list, find your function, then select the JOY button. This is the simple part. It works. Since the LASTE panel exists in the drop down, I selected that category, then the AAP engage/disengage function, then assigned to JOY BTN 12 on my BU0836. Fired up the sim and went into training to verify. Pushing down my push button wired to the leo board is mirrored in the sim. Cool!

Now the more interesting part. What about the many functions added to the keyboard.lua (which is now twice in file size in beta 3) that don't appear in the control panel for button assignment? I learned this from Kuky (thanks Dude!). Here are the steps again.

1. Connect your input hardware. eg. BU0836. Fire up the sim. Let it detect the hardware. It'd add a file eg. BU0836 Interface {F92F83B0-DB0E-11df-8001-444553540000}.lua to the path \config\aircrafts\joystick. When you edit it later you'd have to give write rights else you can't save.

2. Go to the adjacent folder 'keyboard' next to the joystick folder, open up the keyboard.lua. Make a backup copy. Even though you won't be editing this file I found out that when I make changes to the BU0836.lua this got changed somehow. Once inside, choose a function you want, say you want to test the oxygen indicator test button in the environment panel, which doesn't exist in the key assignment window yet.

You look for it and copy it from the keyboard.lua and paste it to the bottom of the bu0836 lua file. eg

[789] =

{

["up"] = 1505,

["name"] = "Oxygen Indicator Test",

["category"] = "Environment System Panel",

["down"] = 1505,

}, -- end of [789]

3. you add the section in red. If you have a physical button button wired to joy button 12 in the leo board (verify which joy buton in the windows joystick controller control panel), then below is JOY_BTN12. I assume you know how to wire the leo board pins!

[789] =

{

["combos"] =

{

[1] =

{

["key"] = "JOY_BTN12",

["reformers"] =

{

},

-- end of ["reformers"]

},

-- end of [1]

},

-- end of ["combos"]

["up"] = 1505,

["name"] = "Oxygen Indicator Test",

["category"] = "Environment System Panel",

["down"] = 1505,

}, -- end of [789]

4. Save the bu0836 lua file.

5. Launch the sim again. Go in and press you push button. The sim will do likewise!

Note: the stuff in red will the same for all toggle/push button functions, except change your joy button number. I can't say it'd work for the more complicated pots/encoders, rotary switches etc. I tested it again for the VHF AM panel load button. Worked like a charm.

Note: once you do the above, the category you added now appears in the drop down list.

Conclusion: now we have hundreds more switch functions to use compared to the original keyboard.lua. Thanks ED! Even if you can't find the category or the switch function in the key assignment screen, as long as you can find it in the beta 3 keyboard.lua file, do the steps above, copy and paste into the joystick input file, in this case the bu0836.lua, then add the section in red and watch the switches come alive! This is really awesome. The only problem is I don't have my OC cards yet!

I tested push buttons in three different panels and all worked!

Go hook up some buttons and enjoy!

And thanks Kuky!

This is a great tutorial and will come in very handy, thank you!!

I have a clarification question... is this just what we have to do "during beta" to map these controls? Is the premise that the final version will allow us to map all controls via the GUI?

I ask because I have two CH MFP panels that I am using, one for the CDU and one for the UFC. When the final version is released will I be able to map these more simply using the GUI, or will I always need to use the method described above to map these keys?

Thanks!

cant help you there sadly i could do with knowing the key for chaff and flare or have I missed sonething in the options screen of the sim

Someone hasn't read their manual! :doh:

CMS = Counter-Measure Systems

The buttons are on the HOTAS left thumb switch of the flight stick.

7 = HOTAS CMS forward

8 = HOTAS CMS aft

9 = HOTAS CMS left

0 = HOTAS CMS right

- = HOTAS CMS Z axis

Hopefully that helps. When in doubt, RTFM! :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Here is a pdf file that I put together quickly so there might be errors. And I expect there will be changes as they continue to refine the beta. But it is a start. :)

thanks alot!

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

• 3 weeks later...
If there's a fresh list for the final- I'd like to print it out.. Can't find it via search in win explorer

Also want this too... need to rebind my Saitek profile and having a printable list makes everyones lives easier, very suprised it wasn't in the readme!

+1

I am here to fly..

Using my PC Power & Cooling 1200watt PSU

Asus Rampage Black 10

i7-4820k @ 4.1 on Air

32Gb Dominator

Asus Eyeinfinity 580X 8Gb

X-Fi Gamer

all on Windows 10 64bit in a

Lian-Li PC70 with 6 fans moving air thru case

Fly with WartHogs

Race with G27

+5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

It appears that there are no toggle commands for tri-state switches (e.g. Master Arm, Laser Arm etc) in the release version, however there appears to be singular commands. This makes sense for those guys hooking up hardware switches...

However, I have a programmable keyboard and I'd like to use one key to toggle each state of a tri-state switch, such as the Master Arm, rather than using three separate keys for each state.

Is there any way of creating your own toggle function in the .lua file in order to acheive this?

Here is an updated set of what I think are all the available commands (events) plus those assigned to keystrokes in the default keyboard file for the Release Candidate.

No guarantee of accuracy since there is a lot of data to pull out of the files and it's easy to make a mistake. :smilewink:

Hope this is useful.

A-10C Keyboard Key Matrix.pdf

• Like 1

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

Awesome! Is there any way you could make one culling non-assigned functions and arrange by category? That would be the de-facto keychart for this game.

I'd do it, but I am no good at that sort of stuff.

But thanks for this!

Actually, I have the list in Excel but put it into PDF format to make it more usable. Send me a PM to let me know how you want it sorted and I'll be happy to comply. Or, I can attach the Excel spreadsheet if you can use that.

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.