SFJackBauer's Saitek X-52 Profile

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried loading the Jack Bauer lua, and it seemed like it changed my key binds.

However I didn't try saving it, or tried it with the profile.

I don't have time now, but will try to investigate it later.

Edit: nwbasson beat me to it. :)

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Curiosity got to me, and I tested it again:

Diabo and cichlidfan was sadly quite right, one cannot load the old .lua files anymore.

Sorry for adding confusion. :(

However, it seems Jack Bauer's profile could be reconstructed using mostly standard key binds in the Profile Editor.

Some extra keybinds must be added manually in DCS, and also the three buttons under the MFD on the x52.

Sadly I don't have more time this week, but maybe someone could look into it?

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I have just about remapped SFJB's profile. However one thing I am finding is that I use stick button 6 as my modifier. And in the old DCS it use to release when the button was released. Now the modifier stays active until I press button 6 again to shut it off. Just to clear any confusion it now act's just like the Caps Lock button you press it and it turns on, and you have to press it again to turn off. It just wont shut off when I release the button.

I have just about remapped SFJB's profile. However one thing I am finding is that I use stick button 6 as my modifier. And in the old DCS it use to release when the button was released. Now the modifier stays active until I press button 6 again to shut it off. Just to clear any confusion it now act's just like the Caps Lock button you press it and it turns on, and you have to press it again to turn off. It just wont shut off when I release the button.

You can define a modifier as "modifier" that is active as long as the button is pressed, or as "switch" which toggles on or off by each press.

I had to read this and look at my DCS a few times before my old florescent light bulb of a brain clicked in. I some how got it stuck in my head only keyboard modifiers could be on the left and only joystick keys on the right. Then I figured out what you meant.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
I still use this without any problems, I can look tonight? Maybe I can save it as the file format you need, I have changed it a little though.

hey if you can share that to me as well that would be AMAZING. is it the x52 standard or pro version you have? (also any other profiles would be appreciated)

losing my HOTAS is killing me :joystick:

I've just got a X52 pro, and need a profile as my attempt to make my own ended badly! If anyone can post this profile with the new .dif.lua format for the pro, I would be extremely thankful! Or if someone could link me to an alternative profile. I have looked, but can't find one that has the new format. Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've not played DCS for ages, but I'm setting stuff up again. Installing the game, trackIR, x52 drivers etc. etc. Now I used to use SFJack's profile, but I can't seem to load the lua in DCS. The game doesn't recognize the file when browsing for it, and when I set the browser menu to display any file type and I open the lua, it doesn't change a single thing in the config.... I've tried searching these and other forums for a solution, reinstalled everything etc. but no success :( My best bet now is that there's here that could help me...

-Duckster

There was a change in the control lua's a while back. The old lua's won't work anymore and I'm not sure f anyone has rebuilt the profile.

Just re-bind everything manually in the options. Match it up to what the profile shows each command is and it should work.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

There was a change in the control lua's a while back. The old lua's won't work anymore and I'm not sure f anyone has rebuilt the profile.

Just re-bind everything manually in the options. Match it up to what the profile shows each command is and it should work.

:thumbup: Thanks a whole bunch buddy! I thought it would be a ton of work, but I'm getting there, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Because it simply won't let me load the .LUA profile.

I don't play DCS any more... I've spent so mutch time memorising all the commands, neary 80, that i just don't have the time or patience to learn all again... Plus, i've all my other aerial sims with a similar profile so i don't need to memorise 3 or 4 diferente profiles...

Thanks ED... For killing this game for me. (at least for now)

The very least you could've done is giving us some kind of conversion tool. I know that i'm not the only one screwed with this.

Well again the joke is on me.. I have spent hours pulling my hair out getting JB's profile to work so I could enjoy the A-10C module.. Never occurred to me that DCS would allow PARTIAL reading of the older type of .lua file (through allowing you to see it All Files then load it).. I thought I was doing something wrong all this time but in fact I was working with an old format that could never work.

If a mod could update the first post in this thread to alert potential users of the profile a great deal of trouble could be saved - This thread scores high on Google searches etc, so for newcomers (or 'returnees' like me) there is still a high probability of falling into the 'compatibility trap'.

Flight simming is 90% computer support and frustration and 10% flying.. Grrrr..

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

For all those interested in an 'out of the box' solution for getting their X-52 (Pro or non-pro) working with the A-10C and the KA-52 this should hopefully be of use and solve the diff.lua problem.

I found these profiles courtesy of Iron from wiki.hoggit.us (clicky).

Iron has generously included the .pr0 profiles, the keyboard and joystick diff.lua files, and graphics to show which buttons do what (printable).

Why these sort of things aren't bundled with new downloads or linked in the manuals I will never know. They are such a fundamental part of simming but so hard to find and install correctly.

To all users that have contributed material such as this thankyou very much!

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

After a long break from DCS, I came back to find my controls unimportable due to the diff.lua change.

I had warm memories of SFJackBauer's intuitive controls, so I set out to recreate it for X52 Pro.

Here it is, for anyone else who wants it.

Some notes:

• All controls entered manually, there could be mistakes
  • Unlike the original .pr0 file, the .pr0 file in this package uses the standard bindings for airbrakes (Ctrl-B, Shift-B). I might change it later if the Ctrl/Shift buttons cause issues
  • Although the PDF lists some functions for the throttle buttons, they are not actually mapped in the .diff.lua (since the x52pro is different).

sfjackbauer_a10c_x52pro.zip

• 1 month later...
After a long break from DCS, I came back to find my controls unimportable due to the diff.lua change.

I had warm memories of SFJackBauer's intuitive controls, so I set out to recreate it for X52 Pro.

Here it is, for anyone else who wants it.

Some notes:

• All controls entered manually, there could be mistakes
  • Unlike the original .pr0 file, the .pr0 file in this package uses the standard bindings for airbrakes (Ctrl-B, Shift-B). I might change it later if the Ctrl/Shift buttons cause issues
  • Although the PDF lists some functions for the throttle buttons, they are not actually mapped in the .diff.lua (since the x52pro is different).

Hi,

I'm a bit confused with the saitek .pro file. When I import it into my saitek software it's all but blank. None of the keys are showing or bound. Is that right?

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly: