X52pro Drop Check

Hi

Wags profile was for the TrackIR, sorry.

I've done a quick search for X52 profiles, there is a few there but will take time to go through them and find one that has a hat switch set 4 views.

I would start a new thread asking for help. Try the main forum.

Looking at Strongharms profile the main slew hat would be the obvious to change.

Good luck.:joystick:

Question for Harm....

I finally got the Saitek programing software off my hard drive and have been programing myself from the options page in game. I use the left thumb switch on the stick for DMS and TMS. I am now holding down the Lft Ctl on the keyboard to use it as TMS. I would like to use the Mode knob (red, purple,

blue) to do this but can't get anything programing wise from the mode knob as the game doesn't seem to recognize it. Anyway to make use of the Mode option?

Also, what does the clutch button do? I have tried to program it to use a "stick to trim" as you suggested but it doesn't seem to work. I would like to use it.

Kungfoo.. there's some interesting information in the thread if you take the time

Someone asked about restoring defaults to the controllers to prep for this profile. Simply go to C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C Beta\Config\Input\Aircrafts\A-10C .. in the Joystick folder (and keyboard if you want to set that to defaults) move any of the files out with the later date.. those are the files created when you make changes to your setup. When you restart DCS you'll find everything back to install values.

To prep for this profile, select 'A-10c Sim' and 'All', then delete everything in the X52pro column. Enter the 6 black(denotes ingame set) controls from the diagram into the appropriate function. Note that Trim isn't in the Axis section yet, so this profile uses the 'Stick to trim' function on button 7.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

• 1 month later...

This may be a controller issue, but when I use StrongHarm's profile, every minute or so the ATC menu pops up as if I am pressing on the cursor (when I'm not). I've tried just about every trick in the book to get it to stop. When I use other profiles (also in other games) I don't get any "spikes". Anyone else see this issue?

Chaz,

Remove all but StrongHarm's profile from your Saitek SD6 profiles folder(users>public>public documents (vista)) and see if that fixes the conflict. I had a similar issue a month or so when I got this simm. Unfortunately, I can't recollect the user who mentioned this but it was buried deep in a thread like this one. Good luck, Grim

I go into my ZoomView/JoySlider1 axis tune and make my settings:

Deadzone: 0

.............X: 100

.............Y: 100

......Curve: 100

.......Slider: Unchecked

.......Invert: Checked

UserCuver: Unchecked

Can somebody tell me where is this ZoomView/JoySlider1 axis tune,i mean in which menu in the sst control panel?Where?Also i don't have any buttons looking around,cause i don't have any track ir.What should i do?Also in the begining of harms post he says something about the clutch.Although i go to the sst control panel there isn't an options tab, there is in MFD tab a check saying '' enable clutch mode'' which i deselected it.Is that right?Sorry if i don't understand some thing which are written in previous posts but my english aren't so well.

After a .long time i managed to set the zoom.Everything is working ok except one thing, the coolie left hat.Although when i push it on the joystick mfd i can see ''HOTAS coolie left switch'' in the ingame options menu i push it and it doesnt go to the coolie left command.All the other coolie directions work ok.Any clue what's going on?

Looking for feedback on this new profile for X52 I just put together. My methodology was to create all the bindings first, but not to any specific button. I then started placing them symmetrically while accessing the 'delete unused buttons' to see what was left. Spent many hours. Anyone see any problems with it? Opinions please.

PREP: To prep for this profile you must turn off the clutch function in the SST Control Panel. To do so right click on the controller in your systray (next to clock on taskbar) and select Control Panel. Take note that you can see all the button numbers from this first tab. By selecting a function on the HOTAS you can see which button number is lit. Go to the options tab and deselect the check next to Clutch. Sorry this is so vague, I'm in Vegas right now and can't look at the screen in question. I'll update this post after Vegas is done with me.

TRACKIR: Although there are no settings on this HOTAS for TrackIR, I've received some requests for key info. I personally use the same keys as are the defaults for center, pause, and precision.. with the addition of the CTRL key. I've found that CTRL+F12, for instance, hasn't interfered with any sim or game I've used the TrackIR with. Because I don't have room on the HOTAS to assign TrackIR center, I use voice activated commands. So I say 'Track IR Center' and it completes the keyboard command CTRL+F12. I also use VAC for all Radio and view related functions. For more information on VAC check the links in my related post.

I tried everything I could to get the slider input to stop jumping around, including ordering a powered USB adapter.. no joy. I settled for using the slider, not for precision zoom, but to control three positions. I go into my ZoomView/JoySlider1 axis tune and make my settings:

Deadzone: 0

.............X: 100

.............Y: 100

......Curve: 100

.......Slider: Unchecked

.......Invert: Checked

UserCuver: Unchecked

This gives you the ability to zoom full in, zoom full out, and center. I've found it saves me the diversion of trying to find that perfect zoom on something. The three positions are truly the most useful.

10.15.10 0100: reference pic updated with HOTAS functions and Startup Proc.

10.16.10 2019: updated pic to reflect new assignments.

Changes: Added the Trim to Stick key to button D.. this must be set in game. It's a wonderful feature where you hold the button.. and movement of the stick = trim input.. works great. I found that my radials were just too unreliable when set as bands in SST.. have to wait until they add them in the axis section next update.

10.17.10 0126: Fixed a problem with mode2 pinky.. I input keypad numbers instead of standard by accident.. bleh.

10.27.10 0331: Take note that that the reference picture is incorrect for TMS and DMS for the Forward and AFT functions. I'm in Vegas now and have no editing software, but I'll correct it asap.

11.03.10 0054: Note to people with problems after beta2 install.

12.15.10 0737: Updated pic and added diagram only pic. Profile: Added wheel brakes to mode3 clutch button.

02.28.10 0739: Updated profile to remove airbrakes from throttlewheel (I always hit it by accident) to the thumb radial, I've come to terms with the fact that there will not be a trim axis in the future. I also added NVG gain to the top throttle radial. I find myself using it frequently with JTAC IR spoting. Both pics and the downloadable profile are updated with the new functions.

IMPORTANT: Subscribe to this thread and check periodically for an updated profile to download. I doubt this is a final. I'd hate to give a bad layout to anyone.

Profile can be downloaded HERE

Pic w/Tables | Pic wo/Tables

newx52a10cwarthog.jpg

This looks awesome! Do you mind if I Host this Profile on my site?

Thanks,

Blud

There is some problem with the sst software and windows.Whenever i select the A-10 profile it's like the profile is not working properly.Some buttons don't work or i hear a sound from the background windows whenever i push a button.I erased all the other profiles from the sst folder but the problem remains.Such a good profile and i can't use it properly to it's full potentials.

HELP!!!!!!!!

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaa

...That's the sound of my brakes button being stuck just now.. how fortunate I have an example.

Your HOTAS doesn't descriminate. If there's a button pressed or a slider moved, your stick will put that command out until the button is depressed or the slider is centered.

It sounds like you have a stuck modifier (ctrl, alt, shift, etc.). Open your sst profile editor and see if it's snapping to one button in particular.. if so, then that's the one that's stuck (or misconfigured). Another way to tell is to hit your windows key to bring up the start menu > type the word keyboard > hit enter. This will bring up your onscreen keyboard display. It allows you to type with your mouse.. but more importantly it highlights and modifiers that are stuck (like CTRL).

It may just be your keyboard. Pick your keyboard up, turn it over, and drop it from a few inches with the keys facing your desk. See how many sandwiches pop out.

Also, you may want to kill the saitek direct output. As posted earlier in this thread:

2)Saitek's drivers that control the MFD on the X52 are buggy in the extreme. I was getting blue screens from it intermittently. I disabled 'Saitek Direct Output' in my services by:

* start > run > type services.msc > enter

* find 'Saitek Direct Output' > enter properties

* Change startup to disabled

This way the service never starts and my system never crashes from it :). Other people may have luck with it, so I don't mean to say that everyone should disable it.

Luck to you.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Hey StrongHarm,

This will be my first post here and I wanted to thank you for creating the profile for X52 Pro. With no doubt this will help me get in the game and thankfully I have TrackIR 5.

I have couple of questions for you though regarding configuring the PAC / Fire Guns and the Zoom View buttons.

Before you ask, yes I have removed everything under Sim All / All commands for the X52 section.

Since I have TrackIR 5, what would you recommend that I use the zoom portion for instead of zoom?

For the PAC, there are three listed PAC's in the control configuration. Which one do you want me to assign?

Similar to the PAC question, for Fire Guns, there are two Gun commands, which one should I select?

Beyond that I'll need to figure out how to load the profile of yours, doesn't seems that I could do it via the game nor the SST thing. I must be missing something and yes I've moved the profile file to the local folder for the saitek.

Your assistance in this would be much appreciated and I'm looking to fly soon as I've got these pesky start up procedures memorized :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GMC R4 Bulldozer Case | Corsair HX650 | Asus Maximus III Gene | Intel i5 750 | 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series | Asus EAH6850 DirectCU 1GB | Barracuda 7200.12 SATA 3Gb/s 1TB | Windows 7x64 | Dell U2410 (1920x1200) | TrackIR 5 w/Track Clip Pro | Saitek X52 Pro | Corsair SP2200 2.1 | Sennheiser HD428 | DeathAdder

Alright - I've checked out the zoom function in the game, I think I'll rather to keep it in addition to the TrackIR I'm using, they work together beautifully.

As for the Gun / PAC, I went ahead and guessed which ones you meant. I'm not still sure if ones I've selected were correct or not - I will await your reply.

I'm having fun doing the trainings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GMC R4 Bulldozer Case | Corsair HX650 | Asus Maximus III Gene | Intel i5 750 | 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series | Asus EAH6850 DirectCU 1GB | Barracuda 7200.12 SATA 3Gb/s 1TB | Windows 7x64 | Dell U2410 (1920x1200) | TrackIR 5 w/Track Clip Pro | Saitek X52 Pro | Corsair SP2200 2.1 | Sennheiser HD428 | DeathAdder

On the sst profille no button seems to be stuck.The only weird thing is that my pinky switch in the sst menu is grey like all the other sliders.I've found out that some of my modifiers where enabled but after disabling them the problem remained.After putting on the screen the virtual keyboard no modifier was stuck, or anything stuck in my keyboard.I can not understand where is my services to disable the direct output,can you please make it more specific.Thanks for everything and especialy this profile, i hope i'll make it work.

On the sst profille no button seems to be stuck.The only weird thing is that my pinky switch in the sst menu is grey like all the other sliders.I've found out that some of my modifiers where enabled but after disabling them the problem remained.After putting on the screen the virtual keyboard no modifier was stuck, or anything stuck in my keyboard.I can not understand where is my services to disable the direct output,can you please make it more specific.Thanks for everything and especialy this profile, i hope i'll make it work.

From other member earlier in this thread.

And also be sure to stop the service if it's already "running"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I noticed something strange, in windows pushing a joystick button is equivelant to a keyboard key.For example coolie hat right is k, but pushing coolie left noyhing happens.In the sst menu if i push coolie left then it shows the coolie hat.But coolie left is the key which is not working ingame.Also i now see on the x52 mfd on the top left corner the shift indication urned on.

I noticed something strange, in windows pushing a joystick button is equivelant to a keyboard key.For example coolie hat right is k, but pushing coolie left noyhing happens.In the sst menu if i push coolie left then it shows the coolie hat.But coolie left is the key which is not working ingame.Also i now see on the x52 mfd on the top left corner the shift indication urned on.

I would guess - check and ensure that you're in the correct mode, there are three modes, 1, 2 and 3.

Uh, don't mind me if I'm wrong - I'm rather new to this too and I'm trying to get my profile to work too :) So far I'm not sure if it's working or not, I need to find a simple test. I've loaded the profile into the SST and then launch the game and it seems to me as if it's not working in game.

Well - we'll figure it out with the help of the great people around here on the forum.

:helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaa

...That's the sound of my brakes button being stuck just now.. how fortunate I have an example.

Your HOTAS doesn't descriminate. If there's a button pressed or a slider moved, your stick will put that command out until the button is depressed or the slider is centered.

It sounds like you have a stuck modifier (ctrl, alt, shift, etc.). Open your sst profile editor and see if it's snapping to one button in particular.. if so, then that's the one that's stuck (or misconfigured). Another way to tell is to hit your windows key to bring up the start menu > type the word keyboard > hit enter. This will bring up your onscreen keyboard display. It allows you to type with your mouse.. but more importantly it highlights and modifiers that are stuck (like CTRL).

It may just be your keyboard. Pick your keyboard up, turn it over, and drop it from a few inches with the keys facing your desk. See how many sandwiches pop out.

Also, you may want to kill the saitek direct output. As posted earlier in this thread:

Luck to you.

Hi StrongHarm! This is exactly the problem that I'm having! When I enable the A-10C profile I believe that my CTRL button is "stuck", it shows up on the on-screen keyboard and I get a windows sound like I'm constantly holding CTRL, but how do I rectify this? Thanks!

It turns out it's also spamming b! How come so many of my buttons are stuck? I think I'm doing something wrong

Edited by oceanoftimeGER

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Strongharm.

:thumbup: your profile still working great, however i've never been able to get stick to trimmer mode to work, have set it in game it registers on the screen when i add the button (joy button 7) but never works. I've found that in 1.0.0.8 the aircraft flys more realistic and i need to trim. Also my wheel brakes in mode 3 have never worked.

Any help is much appreciated.:)

Edit: Got to start learning but have been lazy by just using your profile, on the in-game control page some of the key commands for the X52pro r listed but some aren't, which modifiers r the mode buttons 1,2 and 3.

Edited by spike2450

• 1 month later...

Hi, all. Sorry for my bad english, please try to understand.

I lost my nice working profile for the F-15. It was a downloaded profile and I could use the function buttons like the other ones. Now I was downloading a profile again, but perhaps an other version. All is working fine again, just a problem with the mode switch. In game the mode switch is working also. If I switch from mode 1 (Navigation) to mode 2 is like I´m pressing on the keyboard first 1 and after 2, I end up in BVR mode, radar off. Mode 3: 1-2-C-I means gun ready, radar on.

But in this macros must be an error. After starting the profil my CPU power (kernel time) turns up to 25%. (Intel 2500K, ...) If I don`t program the mode switch, kernel time is low, 0-2%.

It´s the 3rd evening I´m thinking about my mode switch. lol

Win10, Intel 2500K@4,4 MHz, 16GB RAM, ASUS STRIX-GTX1060, SSD CRUCIAL MX300 525 GB, 4K TV LG 50UH635V, FreeTrack, X52

• 1 month later...

I received a PM concerning a persistent H key after loading the profile. Thought I'd answer here for everyone's benefit.

The Saitek controllers have dirty pots (bleck!). You'll notice if you open your Saitek Control Panel (rightclick controller in systray, click control panel, then click deadzones tab) that the indicators are wobley. Set your deadzones as follows and you shouldn't have any more stuck key problems.

saitekDeadZones.png

As for other mouse and keyboard problems, the Saitek Service called 'Saitek Direct Output' takes over your mouse and keyboard and filters the input/output. It's super buggy. To turn it off do the following:

* Click ok

* Right click on service and select STOP

It won't start up again on boot, and you'll avoid the many problems caused by it.

Edited by StrongHarm