FC CD and StarForce protection issues. ED ?

I am 100% convinced of the greatness of the FC software itself and my NEED for it, but...

Before installing the English CD version of FC, I would really like to know if the type of Starforce 'keyless?' protection will mess with the Windows 'devices' in any way. Will it also add/create a (hidden) Virtual CD/DVD drive and thus interfere with Burning software such as Nero and WinOnCD (as I read it does with/for SHIII) ?

Will it always install together with the game ? And, if so, can it later be completely removed as to no longer interfere with Burning Software in case this occurs and causes problems ?

I read in several postings certain types of SF protection even HAVE necessitated to re-install Windows on certain configurations.

I love LO, but would not have it ruin my rig in any way.

This is NOT meant as bashing.

I would really appreciate some straight and honest answers on this issue, if possible from ED people and/or beta testers.

LockON is IT !

AMD 3500+ - GF6800GT - 1GB RAM low tatency - MSI NEO2 PLatinum

20" BENQ S-IPS TFT 1600X1200 - 32 bit color

no, it don't installing Virtual CD/DVD.

yes, it is installing with first game run.

yes, you can fully remove SF later with special utility. also, to continue playing LO:FC you don't have to reinstall game, just start FC and SF drivers will be updated.

no, you don't have to reinstall Windows. Those who did so wasn't much professionals probably.

no, it will not ruin you rig in anyway, I didn't heard of such incidents.

ps: i'm not a fan of SF and don't like it, because it require windows restart on update, it require CD presence in drive, etc. But I'm using it with many games (since it very common CP in Russia) and havn't had much problems with SF.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

i'm not a fan of SF and don't like it, because it require windows restart on update, it require CD presence in drive, etc. But I'm using it with many games (since it very common CP in Russia) and havn't had much problems with SF.

I had just one game with SF and when it was installed on my comp I couldn't burn any CD. The game was FIA GT. I hope that SF version which is on CD is way better than this which was on FIA GT.

GROM- Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno Manewrowego

What I am afraid of...

Thx Dmut.

But indeed, about the supposed DVD/CD writer software problems and SF...

Does anyone or ED (hopefully) test compatibility with SF. Or is this testing NOT needed because this on CD version of SF protection can in NO way/ever interfere with other softwares that were NOT meant to interact with SF in the first place ??

If ED would simply communicate this to us, I don't thing there would ever be/have been any opposition against including it with FC.

Please let us know exactly what StarForce will/will NOT do to our systems.

I don't mean reveal trade secrets, simply what we should know to prevent and/or solve related problems.

Is there a signifant difference/improvement between the SF version from FC Download and FC on CD ?

LockON is IT !

Re: CD burning software

Some people have reported problems with CD burner software. But they were solved by re-installing the CD burner software.

No one in the Lockon community has been stalled for long with that problem.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

One guy unplugged, rebooted then plugged in his CD drive to fix the issue.

Yep, that was me :) . Not much of a hassle really. Other than that I've had no problems with starforce. But i'm using the download version (CD and download use different versions of starforce).

Thx all.

Thx all.

Guess I'll be going for a long drive on Saturday !

But please, if anyone has any experience with the CD Version -and- StarForce (positive or negative), please let us know !! Thx.

I'm going for a LONG drive on Saterday to get me the CD Version.

Seems to sell very well (was told by shopkeeper).

I was planning to not buy and install it at all cause of StarForce, but I'l give the CD version a try after all.

But I hope ED understands: my (and other people's) rig is used for MUCH more besides this one sim.

If SF messes with some of my other/business apps, it's not gonna be fun.

I'm doing this ONLY because I think LO and FC are worth the risk.

For ANY other sim I would never even consider this (SF driver mess).

LockON is IT !