Server Crash DXRenderer.dll

I've been trying to setup a dedicated server but it keeps crashing and I haven't found a solution yet. I can get it to fire up and run just normally but after anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hours it will crash and log the following error in the Application Log.

Faulting application LOCKON.EXE, version 1.1.0.0, faulting module DXRenderer.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00036ff1

I tested the server by closing the lockon port and running it in networking mode and it ran for 10 hours without any problems but when users are actually connected it will not stay online. Below are the specs. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate them.

S!

Helix

LockOn 1.1

AMD XP3000

1GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440

DirectX 9.0c

Windows 2003 Server

The MX440 supports up to 8.1. One thing I have not tried is installing DirectX 8.1 only but from my searches you can have a higher version of DirectX installed but your card won't be able to utilize some of the features of the higher version.

Will the error occur with even a small number of clients? What kind of frames is the server getting? Have you watched the server as more clients join to see if it is bogging down? These are just shots in the dark, as I've never had that error myself.

How many clients did you set the server up for?

I never did watch how many frames the server was getting. I'll start the game and kick it to map view. The first time we ran this server we had around 10 guys on and it ran for over an hour just fine. We had it setup for 32. Now it usually crashes before it hits the 20 minute mark. The last time it crashed no one had joined yet. I'm really wondering if it is hardware related but I've already swapped out the HDD, memory and the PSU.

Lockon needs a real dedicated Server....

ED we need Servers...!!

I got a dedicated Windows Server too with 100Mbit Broadband Connection... still waiting for a Server Version

This message was sponsored by "askingstupidquestions.com" in cooparation with "icantfly.de".

I do agree. We need a server. I've got this server with a 10Mbit up and down but can't get Lockon to run. Got frustrated and within two hours had a Counter Strike Source server running with no probs. I havent' given up on the Lock On server so if anyone has any ideas please let me know. I'm 99% sure it has to be something with software config or hardware config. I ran multiple hardware stress tests against the server and it held up like a champ. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

S!

Helix

• 4 years later...