HOTAS Cougar DirectX input with Logical flag programming

Hi there, anyone have try to use the logical Flag programming in an profile with directx input mixed to the normal keyboard commands?

I've my old profile for OpenFalcon programmed in a mixed of directx buttons with directly keyboard commands and work perfectly thank to of Logical Flag programming.

I am not new about programming the cougar with Foxy, I did all my personal profile.

Last week I try to use the same type of programming (logical flag with directx and keyboard)

but the result is that even if the cougar send a keyboard command to the DCS, however, it also sees the Directx, is hard to explain but for example:

I've programmed in the HAT1 in the event two possibility, with S3 (IN) and with S3 (OUT).

With S3 IN must do the trimming down of the plane, with S3 OUT should make the classic viewing the movement of the cockpit.

For the trim i've use the normal keyborad commands (RCTRL ecc ecc ecc) with S3 IN.

For the cockpit views i've use the directx input (POVD-L-R-U) with S3 OUT

I loaded the profile on the Cougar (without any error), I launched the A10 and I planned on page of the controller the cockpit Views

and i've leave the trim of the column of the default keyboard directly from the keyboard (; RCtrl - . RCtrl - , RCtrl - - RCtrl)

while for the views I have set in the column of the HOTAS and must take the command buttons called directx POVD, POVU, Povl, POVR from directx input.

Once I entered in the simulation when I use the S3 (OUT) having the good works the movement of the views work perfectly

but if I press HAT with S3 (IN) I move the trim, but at the same time move also views, when they should remain firm because S3 it's in IN position.

Is not easy to explain this situation with words and my English is very bad

I try to attach below my Macro

certainly some of the Cougar Guru knows what I'm talking about

(I wish to state again that this type of programming with directx mixed to the keyboard commands with Logical Flag programming in Falcon 4 works perfectly)

below will place the macros that I used

Thi is the TMM file

Rem -------------------------
Rem           Hotas
Rem -------------------------

Hotas_Weapon_release = DX2
Hotas_Gun_Trigger_2°stage = DX6
Hotas_Gun_Trigger_1°stage = DX1
Hotas_Trim_Nose_Up = {RCTL ;}
Hotas_Trim_Nose_Down = {RCTL .} 
Hotas_Trim_Left_Wing_Down = {RCTL ,}
Hotas_Trim_Right_Wing_Down = {RCTL /}
Etc... etc... etc...

Rem ---------------------------------------------------
Rem           Cockpit Views - Visuale cockpit
Rem ---------------------------------------------------

View_Up = POVU
View_Down = POVD
View_Left = POVL
View_Right = POVR

And this is my TMJ file

Rem---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rem         SIDE JOYSTICK CONTROLS - COMANDI LATO JOYSTICK
Rem----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEF X4 PULSE(200 450) H1U AND S3 
BTN X4 /H Hotas_Trim_Nose_Up 
DEF X5 H1U AND NOT S3 
BTN X5 /H View_Up 
DEF X12 PULSE(200 450) H1D AND S3
BTN X12 /H Hotas_Trim_Nose_Down 
DEF X13 H1D AND NOT S3 
BTN X13 /H View_Down 
DEF X20 PULSE(200 450) H1L AND S3
BTN X20 /H Hotas_Trim_Left_Wing_Down
DEF X22 H1L AND NOT S3
BTN X22 /H View_Left 
DEF X23 PULSE(200 450) H1R AND S3
BTN X23 /H Hotas_Trim_Right_Wing_Down
DEF X24 H1R AND NOT S3 
BTN X24 /H View_Right 

BTN S2 /H Hotas_Weapon_release 
BTN TG1 /H Hotas_Gun_Trigger_1°stage 
BTN TG2 /H Hotas_Gun_Trigger_2°stage 

As you can see i've use the logical Flag programing because it's very simply

and you can get infinite possibilities of combo input, and because I prefer this to traditional programming...

and i woul dlike use the diretcx input because its better of the classic key commands.

I want to minimize the use of the classic keyboard commands.

keyboard commands = more conflict and more problem

I hope you understand what i mean :-)

PS: in my profile for OpenFalcon i've modded the file of the keyboard (in falcon the extension it's .key in the A10 it's .lua) and i've modded the .key of the falcon.

With the simple notepad i've add to the file all Directx input at the bottom of the list of keyboard commands and I saved all in one file .key.

could this be the solution?

Thanx for your reply

By

www.69squadrone.it

GigaByte X58A-UD7 rev 2.0 -- Intel i7 950 3.06 Ghz (OC 3.20) -- Geforce GTX 750Ti -- DDR3 Corsair 2000 mhz 12 GB -- HD SSD Crucial 1Tb --

HD WD raptor SATA2 150 GB x 10000 rpm -- Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W -- Windows 7 Professional 64bit --

Hotas Cougar n° 01909 -- Hotas Warthog n° 08070 -- Console MFD self made with X-key -- Monitor DELL 24 Inch

please... please... please... let next DCS module be a F18 :worthy:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why don't you just use /I /O modifier instead of logical flags?

Also you don't need both AND and NOT in hre: DEF X5 H1U AND NOT S3

Just use DEF X5 (H1U NOT S3)

Also, I am not quite sure if I am right but I think Left/Right modifier keys like CTL/SHF/ALT don't wrok well...

Instead of:

Hotas_Trim_Nose_Up = {RCTL ;}

Try:

Hotas_Trim_Nose_Up = /P KD(RCTL) KD (; ) /R KU(; ) KU(RCTL) if you want held key

or:

Hotas_Trim_Nose_Up = KD(RCTL) ; KU(RCTL) if you want one press

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

Becauise with logicl Flag You can benefit from many possible combinations of input and more to the contrary

with the normal use of IN and OUT have limitations

Yes i think also that the Left or right CTL, ALT or SHIFT not work better

But thank very much for your reply ;-)

Edited by Pegaso69

www.69squadrone.it

GigaByte X58A-UD7 rev 2.0 -- Intel i7 950 3.06 Ghz (OC 3.20) -- Geforce GTX 750Ti -- DDR3 Corsair 2000 mhz 12 GB -- HD SSD Crucial 1Tb --

HD WD raptor SATA2 150 GB x 10000 rpm -- Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800 W -- Windows 7 Professional 64bit --

Hotas Cougar n° 01909 -- Hotas Warthog n° 08070 -- Console MFD self made with X-key -- Monitor DELL 24 Inch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also you don't need both AND and NOT in hre: DEF X5 H1U AND NOT S3

Just use DEF X5 (H1U NOT S3)

Now i dont have the Cougar manual here (im at work) but i wuold like try without AND only NOT, but you're sure??

if I remember correctly we still have to put also "AND" but maybe I'm wrong

i try and report. thanx again

www.69squadrone.it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok...ok... Kuky i believe you!!! :-D

I've check the manual and they say that we need to put also the AND expression but i thnk that you're mode it's works equally or maybe better

this evening i would try with your mode...

Thanx :-)

www.69squadrone.it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok Kuky I've try more options but

the problem stay in the input directx of the views (POVU-D-L-R)

not in the trim command even if they use a combination of keys.

The trim work better also with the PULSE expression... but in the same time that the trim work... also the views move and do not remain fixed :-(.

I've try with AND without AND with NOT with quote "()" and without...

but the result it's the same

Logical Flag and directx not work in A10 DCS :-( im dislike for this but...

by the time abandoned the Flag and I will continue to use the IN and OUT

But thank also

:-)

www.69squadrone.it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok Kuky I've try more options but

the problem stay in the input directx of the views (POVU-D-L-R)

not in the trim command even if they use a combination of keys.

The trim work better also with the PULSE expression... but in the same time that the trim work... also the views move and do not remain fixed :-(.

I've try with AND without AND with NOT with quote "()" and without...

but the result it's the same

Logical Flag and directx not work in A10 DCS :-( im dislike for this but...

by the time abandoned the Flag and I will continue to use the IN and OUT

But thank also

:-)

DirectX buttons work just fine and I don't see any need for a PULSE statement in a good DCS:A-10C profile

just put in your TMJ:

BTN H1U /I /H trim_up
/O /H view_up

BTN H1L /I /H trim_left
/O /H view_left 

BTN H1R /I /H trim_right
/O /H view_right

BTN H1D /I /H trim_down
/O /H view_down

Then put in your TMS file:

trim_up=dx1
trim_left=dx2
trim_right=dx3
trim_down=dx4

view_up=dx5
view_left=dx6
view_right=dx7
view_down=dx8

(Of course you could use any other dx buttons in the range from DX1 to DX28 )

Then go to the control setup in the game and bind those keys accordingly.

It is wise to always use the /H statement so that the keypress really go through to the sim; without the /H some button presses might be just a millisecond long and the game will not recognize them. With this setup it is very easy to trim either by clicking or by holding the trimmer in the desired position.

btw: I suggest that you get a Track-IR; no-one uses pov hats for view control these days :D

also: try to use the dx keys whenever possible so that you avoid any conflicts. (having key presses like ctrl, alt and del binded in to different buttons and then used accidentally simultaneously comes to mind... also you cannot write in to the chat if you are using keyboard functions at the same time

Edited by Galwran

btw: I suggest that you get a Track-IR; no-one uses pov hats for view control these days :D

Oh! He's going to get one before X-mas from his Squadron mates. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Nev

i7@3.8 / 2 SSD OCZ Vertex 2 + 2 Velociraptor / 12GB DDR3 / nV480GTX / 40' LED / T-iR5 / soon HOTAS Warthog / CH Pro Pedals

Q6600 / 2x74GB Raptor / 750 GB Hitachi / 4GB DDR II OCZ / 8800 GTS 512 / Track-IR / Cougar / CH Pro Pedals

DirectX buttons work just fine and I don't see any need for a PULSE statement in a good DCS:A-10C profile

Thanx for the reply but...

I know that the DX input work very well in the A10 SIM but not work if you want use the logical Flag.

but work better only if you use IN and OUT with S3 or another Button of the cougar.

My interest it's not for PULSE or AND or NOT but for the logical flag programming because with the logical flag programming you 've many possibility of combo input... as you know

Then go to the control setup in the game and bind those keys accordingly.

It is wise to always use the /H statement so that the keypress really go through to the sim; without the /H some button presses might be just a millisecond long and the game will not recognize them. With this setup it is very easy to trim either by clicking or by holding the trimmer in the desired position.

Yes i know thanx :smilewink:

Yes but in my groups there are pilots who do not have TrackIR I am one of those (but only for the moment i want buy the TIR very soon)

also: try to use the dx keys whenever possible so that you avoid any conflicts. (having key presses like ctrl, alt and del binded in to different buttons and then used accidentally simultaneously comes to mind... also you cannot write in to the chat if you are using keyboard functions at the same time

Please read all my posts in this thread would not know what I wanted to do

(sorry for my english i know that not good and google is not very helpful :) )

www.69squadrone.it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh! He's going to get one before X-mas from his Squadron mates. :thumbup:

Thank you so much Nev. :megalol:

www.69squadrone.it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 years later...

Hi All,

Is it possible to use the logical programming so that I could assign 3 key presses to it.

So lets say I want the first press (short press) be weps cycle

3 second press be NWS and 10 sec press Air Refueling probe deploy and retract?

When I tried to do the logic it always press the the first key then after a few seconds it did the second key.. this is not what I want to happen.

What I would like to happen is the following

When I either press the pinky or even better if this could be done with just the S1 button

So for example:

IF (S1 button in for 3 sec) THEN Cycle NEW

IF (S1 button in for 10 sec) THEN Open Refueling Door

IF (S1 button in and out <1 sec ) THEN Cycle Weps

If this logic cannot be done with just one button then have the following:

IF (S1 button in and out <1 sec ) THEN Cycle Weps

IF (PINKY 3 Sec) AND S1 button Pressed) THEN NWS

IF (PINKY 10 Sec) AND S1 button Pressed) THEN REFUEL DOOR

Is this possible with the logic flags?

This is what I tried and no matter what the default action for S1 Fired.

Thanks!

REM ***********************************************************

REM MslStep Simulated Logic Def

REM ***********************************************************

REM FUNCTIONALITY : LONG PRESS 5 SEC NWS 10 SEC REFUELING < 5 MSL STRP

REM DEF X1 X4 AND S1

REM DEF X2 X4 AND X5 NOT X1 AND S1

REM DEF X3 NOT S3 AND S1

REM DEF X4 DELAY(3000) S3

REM DEF X2 DELAY(6000) AND S1 AND S3 NOT X4

REM DEF X2 MslStepCenterO REM MSL STEP

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

Short version of the logic:

Well I will as if this is logical possible with the Thrustmaster Cougar I would like to program my cougar S1 button to do 3 functions with out having to switch the dogfight button.

Basically I would like the S1 button to operate as close as it does in real life wit the 3 function NWS | A/R Disconnect And Air Refuel Disconnect

I would do this based on press and hold time

so:

if I just press and release S1 it cycles weps

if I press and hold for 5 seconds I would like it to Activate the NWS

if I press and hold for 10 seconds I would like to run the refuel disconnect command

Is that possible with the Thrustmaster cougar setup?

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.