Stuttering

Well I know there was much discussion on this topic. But I dont think it has been fully resolved with the patch. It has been greatly improved.

I have only been able to look when I am host. The easiest way is to look from the Ctrl+F4 view on another plane. Especially when taxi'in.

And the plane never changes much, but does appear to be contantly warping and changing azimuth within 1-2 of where it actually is.

I will see if I can get a track made. Never done one, so it might be a lesson in itself.

Ctrl-R or Flight/Record.. Prophet, instead of hitting FLY.

Yeah I saw this as well. I actually thought the stutter issue was this chicken dance the planes do where they move up/down/left/right a few feet when taxiing and sometimes in flight.

Only thing I can think of is that the variables are screwed up. Or the WORLD isnt calculating and passing on the information smoothly enough. Something like that.

Not meaning to be harsh. But how did these problems get past the Beta testers?

Hope the patch is out soon.

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs

Maybe because the beta testers had limited time and this seemed like good ole lag? Beta testers have to go through big lists of things to test, and they have to focus on completing those tasks - this means that things unaccounted for can slip through the cracks. This is by NO MEANS anything new or shocking.

Remember that LOMAC was given better, more stable network code - it may be possible that there are a few kinks in it becuase eh, it's new, and, it's also possible that there are no fixes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Unaccounted things that ARE noticed, and should be written down and added for further testing of course. And yes 'no fixes' would be wonderful.

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs

I was going to make a track, but I think ED is well aware of it, especially with the debug server up recently.

From what i see, its not necessarily lag. I know that constant X,Y,Z data cant be sent back and forth between server and all clients, would take too much BW. So instead its sent every few seconds or so. And the client should interpolate the data to find position. I think this is where it failing, the software isnt guessing correctly where the plane should be, or heading. Then it gets update, and its wrong, and so you see the stutter.

There is one more sutter problem, when you're look donw to the ground. This appears after several missions flying and not consist from type of game (off/online). THis bug may be fixed in june patch.

Also:

If you're talking about lagging of other players but not about your freezes than it is not suttor problem, it is problem in stability of your network.

Also, there are problem with transmiting data in caucasus region which will be fixed in june patch.

With Best Regards!

Daniel Tuseyev

Il-2: Battle of Stalingrad and Rise Of Flight projects manager