FC: StarForce/NO-CD from ED

As for the release of LO 1.02 I would very much appreciate a later patch-version that allows NO-CD and removal of SF.

Since we all know most people want a sim/game within the first month -and- the FC CD can't probably be copied anyway, what would it hurt.

That way no legit customers that buy the CD version (like me) would not feel scr*wed by this.

The same could also later be released for the Download version, or not ?

Would ED care to comment on this.

I read the SH3 sim got 'hacked' despite SF anyway, so why not remove this NOCD stuff with a subsequent patch ?

(That way I could get those 4 awfull SF 'hidden' device drivers from my system! - only plan to have 1 such sim using it anyway: LockOn series).

• Like 1

LockON is IT !

AMD 3500+ - GF6800GT - 1GB RAM low tatency - MSI NEO2 PLatinum

20" BENQ S-IPS TFT 1600X1200 - 32 bit color

thats un-reasonable. what is the point of copy protection if everyone is going to release no-cd patches.. chaos theory etc don't have no-cd patches...why lockon?

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

reasonable, yes.

Your argument is reasonable, I agree.

FYI. In the past (1999), a sim-CD like EEAH gave me lots of trouble.

Had to actually buy (crazy, but I did) another CD-reader to get it installing (unpacking terrain files), due to ... copy-'protection'.

Got in contact at the time with Richard Flexman (beta-tester), who got to Razorworks.

In the end, after many such complaints, RW released patches without 'protection'.

All I can say (done this before, many times): people who are after free games are no true Simmers.

This won't stop them, cause I don't think any of those people would be interested in FC (lack of brains). So they won't even bother.

Again: this is not Doom4 or HL3.

Customers are always those that suffer. Non-customers WILL get it anyway, IF they even want to. And yes, I truly believe what I just wrote.

LockON is IT !

No bad idea

If you didn't want to run a CD all the time. You had the option to get the download version.

LOL i decided for the CD-Version because there is no activation depending on hardware needed. But the CD-Version sometimes crashes with the CD-Protection and i have to restart the computer.

Althought the CD-Version is better... but the performance to start it is worse.

Just click and play... that would be the way i like it.

Atari has removed the Copy Protection form UT2003 and UT2004 after some months. And Take2 has released GTA2 for free download and so Sierra has released Ground Control 1 for free. Why should ED go not the same way?

If there are no more sells... make a free release to catch more Customers for future releases. And ED may evade problems with upcoming problems with other hardware or newer Windows Systems.

BTW: Flamings Cliffs is the best simulator what i have ever played. :icon_supe

This message was sponsored by "askingstupidquestions.com" in cooparation with "icantfly.de".

eventually in some rare cases dvd-roms tend to perish your medium, ie dvd-r, cd-r, etc.

i had this with my precious hl2 dvd - cannot install from it anymore, some beamless stains on the dvd-r this sucks ... so this could be a reason, hence ... i love the steam activation thing; once activated you don't need the dvd anymore :)

lockon_sig_mbryo.jpg

PowerColor 256MB Radeon X800 XT Platinum | Asus A8V Deluxe Rev. 2.0 Sockel 939 | AMD Athlon64 3500+ 2.2GHZ Boxed S 939 WI | 1024MB DDRRAM Corsair TWINX 3200C2 | Audigy 2 ZS | Levicom SPS-550XPE-P

TRACKIR3PRO + Vector Expansion | SAITEK X-45

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience ...

Atari has removed the Copy Protection form UT2003 and UT2004 after some months. And Take2 has released GTA2 for free download and so Sierra has released Ground Control 1 for free. Why should ED go not the same way?

It was quite a long time before the CD check was taken from the UT games and how old are Ground Control and GTA2? many many years old. Lock On was only released on CD last week and the download only a month or so before in limited numbers due to the paypal problems. It's too early for ED to give the casual software pirate an easy ride. Maybe when the next add-on is released a copy protection removal util could be released but until then I support ED's right to do whatever they can to protect their intellectual property.

The way to do it.

I don't think many people would doubt ED (or any owner) has the right etc etc.

But the way THIS 'protection' is implemented punishes the truthfull customer and may scare the potential informed new buyers...(those aware of how SF checking works).

It is a sad world. I (as most others) do understand and support ED in this.

But for a 10-50USD add-on... this IS taking things to the limit.

I forgive ED cause they are not as big (yet) as e.g. EA, and make superb software.

BTW. wrote this (stupid, I know) fact before: I would really and gladly pay ED 100USD or more to get FC without SF and with NO-CD.

Unfortunately that is not how it can work.

Anyway, any hardcore simmer who has to care about 40 or so dollars may (unfortunately for him/her) have the wrong hobby.

Good Luck ED. I really hope you sell lots of FC copies.

I paid much more for 'stuff' not worth 1% of LO or FC (things like 1 plane or 1 country or a few missions... flight simmers know what I am talking about).

LockON is IT !

The Addon has costs me 47eur... but it is every cent worth...

But these copyprotections makes me sick...

and your are in right @simfan this protections scares customers.

I wonder why ED does not release FC as a Fullversion incl. Lomac...

I think they would catch more customers and the community will grow and they will get more fans on their site.

It's too early for ED to give the casual software pirate an easy ride. Maybe when the next add-on is released a copy protection removal util could be released but until then I support ED's right to do whatever they can to protect their intellectual property.

At the moment its to early true...

And if the protection would be removed, it would be just to say "thank you for your buy" to their customers. The Customer is the victim of copyprotections not the hacker... because a hacker hasnt payed the sim, but the customer.

BTW: And remember Lock-On is Simulator not a game! Games are for everyone but sims only for fans.

This message was sponsored by "askingstupidquestions.com" in cooparation with "icantfly.de".

To ask for a No-CD patch is unrealistic of a request. ED Didnt just go through all that grief and fan fury just to trash the investiment they made on SF (be it either considered good or bad by each one of us) by giving out a free exe after all.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The Addon has costs me 47eur... but it is every cent worth...

Definately worth the cost! The FC 1.1 addon cost me 27.73 Eur (at todays rate - was lower when I downloaded it six weeks ago).

No CD to worry about scratchin' or breakin' and still have 13 re-activations left. I maybe will need 3 activations per new PC (1 OS upgrade and 2 major hardware upgrades per PC) so I figure I have 6 or 8 years before I need to buy another copy.

I figure I'll buy Lock On 2 before (hopefully LONG before) that would be an issue anyway.

The CD version I ordered for a 2nd PC (and long term backup) cost 37 Euros with shipping. If I had to do it over again now I think I'd get a 2nd download copy.

This Happy Customer is the NOT victim of copy protection and has not been "sick" once using ED's protection scheme. If there are ANY victims to cracking LO's protection it will be ED. As far as I can tell I haven't been punished in any manner for flying Flaming Cliffs.

guys! even though you think that FC is not a mainstream game...groups for pirated releases would want to release any game available. iF ed releases a no cd crack for starforce...groups will definately use it to trace starforce stuff and use it to crack other game....which we don't care but main thingy in this process FC will be pirated... I feel that is honestly very bad for eagle dynamics... they work very very hard on SIMS and they deserve every penny that they can get.

I understand the issues...but guess from now it is also on the box that the game uses starforce and it may have issues with a few dvd or cd drives.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Hmm not the CD-Drives but Soundcard crashes sometimes... while starting with the LockOn CD. And sometimes my whole Computer hangs up because CD detection error.

And it cant be the drive, because i got 3 CD-DVD drives. Im thinking about to buy a 4th DVD-ROM only to leave some game DC in the drives.

Is there a CD-Changer for PC? I hope someone would invent something like that. Everytime i have to search after my CDs. I have installed about 25 games and all need a CD to play. Dont tell my getting the download version of LockOn, i dont trust the activasion System of Starforce or any other hardware depending activasions.

It's not an unreasonable request, it's just too soon after release. Or re-release.

I did not say unreasonable, but rather unrealistic, theres a diference! ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

CD trouble.

One would wonder why the HDD was invented.

The only way out of this mess is either to take illegal? action (NO-CD cracks)

or to buy a console, which of course is no option for us.

As no gaming company cares about the troubles this protection gets their customers in (and believe me this is not the first 'protected' purchase giving me headaches), I don't see why customers (I don't mean thieves) would not be allowed to care and look for ways to stop this from happening.

That's why I believe a request to ED for an early FC NO-CD crack is justified.

LockON is IT !