TM TARGET Software

S D

Hi guys, first of all i aplogise for posting a TM related problem here. But their lack of official forum isnt helpful.

Anyway after the recent delivery of my HOTAS Warthog, i installed TARGET.

I cannot get the GUI part of the software to work, it just crashes on startup. I only have the Warthog and no other thrustmaster products bar a steering wheel which wouldnt work with TARGET anyway. Has anyone else got this issue or hopefully a solution.

I'm running on Win7 64bit.

I've seen a couple of scattered reports of problems, but not together. So i hope a single thread might bring some ideas/solutions together.

I think maybe Thrustmaster support would be the right place to ask :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 3930K.

16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz.

Asus P9X79 Deluxe.

Asus GTX680 2Gb.

Auzentech Home Theater 3D Sound.

TM Warthog HOTAS.

TM Cougar MFD's.

Saitek Flight Pro pedals.

TrackIR 5.

Samsung Syncmaster P2770FH

Aye M8

I have the same issue and am working on/receiving assistance pertaining to a solution. Will keep you up to date and as soon as I know I'll post the outcome. Let us know if you receive a response from the official channels.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

There are some issues with the current RC and Win7 64. Some people have had sucess and others haven't:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60043

Please help TM by registering with the bug tracking page on their site and reporting your problem.

http://target-bugtracker.thrustmaster.com/

Hopefully they'll have it fixed soon (although you don't need Target to use your WH in A-10C.

I cannot get the GUI part of the software to work, it just crashes on startup. I only have the Warthog and no other thrustmaster products bar a steering wheel which wouldnt work with TARGET anyway. Has anyone else got this issue or hopefully a solution.

I'm running on Win7 64bit.

Try this mate:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1015004#post1015004

It may get you in to Target until TM fix the problem :thumbup:

How to add new command to default A-10c profile?

I would like to map left throttle button to g keypress? How to do it? Under Dcs or target software? If it is under target, where is default profile stored?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

The standard profile from ED for the TM Hog is great, however can't figure out how to assign a PTT button for TS or a TrackIr Center and view zoom. So I guess I'm off to download TARGET and reprogram the whole thing.

Asus Rampage II

i7 920 @ 3.8

EVGA580GTX

6G Corsair

WinVista64

Hog

Great, thanks. I was looking for this (last) only yesterday so didn't expect this. I had not even installed the previous one due to the known keyboard language fault (fixed now), but did want to try it.

Seems the 5 programmable LEDs are still on the todo list though, hope they get that done soon.

[ i7 2600k 4.6GHz :: 16GB Mushkin Blackline LV :: EVGA GTX 1080ti 11GB ]

[ TM Warthog / Saitek Rudder :: Oculus Rift :: Obutto cockpit :: Acer HN274H 27" 120Hz :: 3D Vision Ready ]

so how on earth do we get this all working?

WIthout any Target s/w installed, the Hotas worked nicely in game (except the trim hat - unsure why ED didnt enable that). Obviously i want PTT and trackir reset working too so...

With Target installed but profile not executing, most of the buttons on the Hotas cease to work in game. I can map them individually in game but i presume one cannot map certain functions like ALT/HDG and Flaps->Mvr since theyre the 'off' position of their corresponding switch.

With Target installed with a profile executing that has Gear/TrackirReset/PTT mapped to keys only, all the other buttons arent working ni game. I can map *some* in the game options menu, but some cannot (china hat in particular).

Surely we dont need to assign a keyboard key to China Hat fwd (for example), and then create a Target event generating the same key from the China Hat fwd button???

so how on earth do we get this all working?

WIthout any Target s/w installed, the Hotas worked nicely in game (except the trim hat - unsure why ED didnt enable that). Obviously i want PTT and trackir reset working too so...

This is why I haven't installed TARGET yet... I've yet to see someone say "I installed TARGET and the default in game controls work just fine and I was able to make my one or two complex commands easily without conflicting".

Trim Hat works, but by default it's mapped to LCtrl+Trim Hat.

Is it possible in some clever way to edit config files in order to map stick pinkie + any stick/throttle button to keyboard commands so we can have TS and TIR center?

I'd like to have TS on mic switch UP and TIR center on stick pinkie + stick S1 (master mode switch)

It would be awesome if it would work since target suck goatb*lls

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Target is still a WIP...I am just glad they did not hold up releasing the Warthog until Target was working!

The list of fixes and additions in this version of Target is impressive. Glad to see they are working hard on it.

I have installed it, but have not created any profile.

I was hoping this release would have given us the ability to have Target create more than 1 virtual controller. This way those of us with Simped Cougar Pedals could program them and not have to loose an axis on the Warthog. Oh well there is always the next release.

I was hoping this release would have given us the ability to have Target create more than 1 virtual controller. This way those of us with Simped Cougar Pedals could program them and not have to loose an axis on the Warthog. Oh well there is always the next release.

Well, that's not there, but this version of TARGET now allows you to exclude your Cougar from assimilation into the virtual controller. You can thus map the pedals through Foxy like you used to.

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

New TARGET version out now. Fixes a lot of problems people have been having:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3136057/New_Target_released.html#Post3136057

Worth repeating, released 2 days ago - new candidate.

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=3&pid=285&cid=5

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Looked at it.

If you have a Cougar and *if* you have leaned how to use Foxy, I see no advantage to it.

OTOH if you own a Warthog HOTAS (I hate you people!) then it is crucial. If you never really learned nor understood Foxy, a good move.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

With Target installed but profile not executing, most of the buttons on the Hotas cease to work in game. I can map them individually in game but i presume one cannot map certain functions like ALT/HDG and Flaps->Mvr since theyre the 'off' position of their corresponding switch.
This is an incorrect assumption. In T.A.R.G.E.T. there is an ID for every every button and an ID for every switch position. That means that each position can be mapped when that position is activated. Held or one-time-pulsed commands can be sent when a switch is moved into any position.

Just because every switch doesn't send a DirectX button press in every position doesn't mean that every position is not detected by T.A.R.G.E.T.

SimHQ Technology Editor

TSH member

This is why I haven't installed TARGET yet... I've yet to see someone say "I installed TARGET and the default in game controls work just fine and I was able to make my one or two complex commands easily without conflicting".

Trim Hat works, but by default it's mapped to LCtrl+Trim Hat.

What we need is for somebody to create a T.A.R.G.E.T. profile that does exactly what the DCS: A-10C default built-in mapping does, but does it for a combined controller created by T.A.R.G.E.T. That can then get distributed and altered to taste by individuals.

SimHQ Technology Editor

TSH member