Open letter to Thrustmaster...from your friends outside Western Europe....

just make sure to take it out; at the next WTO meeting!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit surprised about Dell selling the TM Warthog for $630. I don't normally expect a bit name retailer to mark up a product above MSRP. I do understand that this is a high demand product and some retailers will do this, but such a big name doing it surprises me.

As for now, I'm annoyed by the situation, but BLT hasn't actually done any wrong at this point. I will be disappointed if they don't honor the earlier pre-order price, but until I see some indication of that or that they're hoarding some supply of these things I think I'll keep my pre-order with them.

BLT hasn't actually done any wrong at this point.

What they've done wrong is have some doped up hippy college student on sabbatical kayak across the Pacific Ocean carrying the WT's BLT ordered in a saran wrapped Vietnam era duffel bag that he got from his uncle rather than use a professional delivery company like SC Simulations, Dell and Europe did with boats and planes and a tracking system. That's why the other companies have their stock and BLT is still empty for the rest of the month. :pilotfly:

What they've done wrong is have some doped up hippy college student on sabbatical kayak across the Pacific Ocean carrying the WT's BLT ordered in a saran wrapped Vietnam era duffel bag that he got from his uncle rather than use a professional delivery company like SC Simulations, Dell and Europe did with boats and planes and a tracking system. That's why the other companies have their stock and BLT is still empty for the rest of the month. :pilotfly:

Perhaps they have...but I really don't know that we have the whole picture to be able to make such accusations. Additionally, at the moment they are the cheapest available in the states (even the new price of $515 is about the lowest I could it to the USA for). A few more delays, increases in price, etc and I may start to change my mind. However, I was looking for a cheap TM Warthog and that may involve a few delays to save some money.

Are you still telling everyone to cancel their BLT orders? I think that is definitely the wrong thing to do. How is it BLT's fault in any way? I don't blame anyone at this point because had I been on vacation like I had planned at the time, I would not have even known of impending availability, much less been able to take delivery even if it were available, lol!

Really, you are blaming everybody and everything you can. Very unrational. For the amount of screaming you are doing, I cannot see how you would not have gotten a unit from SimW or anyplace else that has them in stock.

Do yourself a favor and just order from SimW, or just wait patiently. You will get premature graying, ulcers, take on drinking and smoking pot, and kicking the dog for no reason if you live life trying to blame random targets for each little obstacle you run into. Really, the only real blame I think you can assign right now is Father Time. In time, the Hog will be more available. Not really no other way to look at it. Certainly, ranting here is not going to speed it up, as you've seen.

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

i am pretty sure TM is a Canadian company out of montreal - guillemot is french Canadian.

That said, the American Dollar blows goat at the moment and they are likely waiting for election results to indicate a shift in currency - USA is a big market - although the launch price doesnt change, the exchange rates certainly do and waiting a while for the US to stabilize their dollar is a profitable decision.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I maybe completely off but, I dont see how that makes any difference regarding when they release it, I mean if they are making the exchange rate an issue, then they can take my USD and either exchange them for Euro's now or later...depending on when they see the best rate. Am I wrong, or cant TM control the exchange and when they convert USD to Euro's?

Deep collective breath aaaand........exhale. HOG HOG HOG HOG!

I find it exciting to have pre-ordered and waiting for the imminent arrival of my Warthog is part of the fun. HOG HOG HOG HOG!

A little longer won't kill us and there is no need for hyperbole and over reaction. HOG HOG HOG HOG!

Almost here.........HOG HOG HOG HOG HOG! ;)

Out

• Like 1

Well there is light at the end of the tunnel. shopBLT may suck harder than my 8-year old on a steak and shake strawberry milkshake, but US distributors are receiving units now. As someone pointed out SC Simulations got their shipment, and my Warthog is due to arrive here in Orlando tomorrow (just in time for a deadline - phew). So, not long now guys! Just choose yourself a decent reseller and all everything's just fine.

Free fully voiced checklists for the A-10C and KA-50

http://www.monkeyfoot.com/tapcheck

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I seriously doubt TM distributes products from the factory in China. lol

I would imagine they distribute from France to everywhere else.

Obviously you have no idea how shipping distribution works. Just because Guillemot has their offices in France means absolutely nothing for distribution. 99% of Chinese good's are taken directly from Chinese port warehouses via container ship to resale country. It would be incredibly inefficient and wasteful to ship Chinese products to some warehouse in France only to need to get back on another ship for other countries.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Hahaha! :)

Well, i live in Sweden. And I ordered from a French company with Swedish website. And even though I ordered it almost a week ago, they have failed to send it. Got my tracking number today after I complained. So I hope I get it on Friday, but with my luck I doubt it.

And they said the delay is caused by some French holidays. So perhaps that's what's delaying your shipments aswell.

HOG HOG! :)

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Ah AH! Think I can now unveil....THE PLOT!

Here is parcel as I received it a few days ago:

SIMG0170.jpg

Now it is obvious that France was not the initial destination. Let's see what's behind the sticker!

SIMG0171.jpg

ah AH! It was meant to be sent to US!!!

SIMG0172.jpg

Now I got it. This is the proof! This is another plot from those bloody French against US!

Must be a retaliatory measures following the US restriction from importing French food!

You don't want our cheeses? You won't get the Warthogs!! :megalol:

Who is selling them in the US? I noticed that macmall raised their price $!))....oops, frustration showing, $100 so it's something like 550 now. AND they don't even have them in stock.

It really is a rather pathetic move by thrustmaster... I mean, it's a US plane!

asus p7p55d deluxe | intel i5-750 @ stock | g.skill ripjaw 4gb | asus geforce gtx 470 @ stock | trackir 4 | thrustmaster hotas warthog | win7 home premium 64bit