Multi-monitor set-up guide & help (unofficial)

MadTommy

Hi folks I use ATM a 4 screen setup. 3 Screen for the world view and fourth for the glascockpit with Helios and or Icarus.

Does anybody know if it's possible to change the place for the chatbox and the radio messages? For me it seems they are always on fixed coordinates on the defined center viewport.

Awesome! This is way better, thanks for the suggestions :)

I do have to zoom out completely for a normal view, anything that would solve that too?

try to define the snapview Num5 'default' view

there's the wiki how you define personal snapviews

1st - u enable not-default snapviews in

"c:\DCS\Config\View\View.lua"

UseDefaultSnapViews = false -- <<<<< was: true

then do the procedure,

freeze your trackir

I also toggle 'Active Pause’ to make sure nothing moves

then,

“Customising the Default View

Press Num5 to reset your view to the current default.

Adjust your view to what you want as the new default

but do not use any snap view keys in the process!

(If you have TrackIR, you will probably need to shut it off while doing this, otherwise it won't save the view the way you want it!)

Press RALT+Num0 - your new default view should now be saved.”

so I,

- hit Num5 to be in default view to

- you probably want to hit “/” to zoom out, until you reach your preference

- you want to keep in mind that you want your default view to be on the axis so when you zoom, all the way, in, your HUD stays in the right place, centered and fully readable.

then

RALT+Num0

done, test, if Off, redo.

If ever things go very wrong with the defining of the default view,

copy paste the original

< A-10C >

[13] = {--default view

viewAngle = 75.000000,--FOV

},

from the

"c:\DCS\Config\View\SnapViewsDefault.lua"

into your personally created

"X:\......\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\SnapViews.lua"

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Yes i use the 3 screen profile, i'm new to this. So i'd better set DCS to 1 screen and set the same resolution and aspect ratio as i did with the 3 screen profile?

In 3-screen the side screens are views 90 to degrees left and 90 degrees to right. I use this arrangement with side screens pulled round to 40/45 degrees and being 27" screens they reach out to my forward view left/right limits. Although 90 degrees left/right views, they seem 'normal' when I look left and right because that falls roughly into the movement scaling of my TrackIR.

So, if you have largish screens try that.

I don't like the way the view stretches on the sidescreens when in 1-screen across all screens.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

try to define the snapview Num5 'default' view

there's the wiki how you define personal snapviews

1st - u enable not-default snapviews in

"c:\DCS\Config\View\View.lua"

UseDefaultSnapViews = false -- <<<<< was: true

then do the procedure,

freeze your trackir

I also toggle 'Active Pause’ to make sure nothing moves

then,

“Customising the Default View

Press Num5 to reset your view to the current default.

Adjust your view to what you want as the new default

but do not use any snap view keys in the process!

(If you have TrackIR, you will probably need to shut it off while doing this, otherwise it won't save the view the way you want it!)

Press RALT+Num0 - your new default view should now be saved.”

so I,

- hit Num5 to be in default view to

- you probably want to hit “/” to zoom out, until you reach your preference

- you want to keep in mind that you want your default view to be on the axis so when you zoom, all the way, in, your HUD stays in the right place, centered and fully readable.

then

RALT+Num0

done, test, if Off, redo.

If ever things go very wrong with the defining of the default view,

copy paste the original

< A-10C >

[13] = {--default view

viewAngle = 75.000000,--FOV

},

from the

"c:\DCS\Config\View\SnapViewsDefault.lua"

into your personally created

"X:\......\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\SnapViews.lua"

I was hoping i wouldn't have to modify default settings so i could just revert to 1 monitor setup without too much effort.

Don't think i'm really done with the setup yet, would there be a way to make the image on the side monitors not stretch as in this image?

xm26tl.jpg

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

I was hoping i wouldn't have to modify default settings so i could just revert to 1 monitor setup without too much effort.

Don't think i'm really done with the setup yet, would there be a way to make the image on the side monitors not stretch as in this image?

xm26tl.jpg

je bent nederlander zie ik :) dus waarom doen we moeilijk

anyway, van al de berichten betreft 3 screens gebruikers wat ik zo af en toe gehoord heb is dit 'perspectief verschijnsel' niet te voorkomen.

Theoretisch kun je

1. de hoek van de monitors vergroten zodat je er meer 'in' zit en het perspectief in je ooghoeken verbetert,

2. ik heb een vermoeden dat het 't proberen waard kan zijn om de FOV te verkleinen, door

SnapViews["A-10C"] = {

[1] = {-- player slot 1

[13] = {--default view

viewAngle = 75.000000, --FOV

hAngle = 0.000000,

vAngle = -23.000000,

x_trans = 0.360000,

y_trans = -0.041337,

z_trans = 0.000000,

rollAngle = 0.000000,

},

},

je zou kunnen testen

viewAngle = 50.000000,

of zelfs 35.00000,

en zien of het wat oplevert

n.b. je hoeft niet echt DCS steeds te stoppen,

QUIT flight is genoeg,

ALT-TAB naar je edit

"xxx:\.......\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\SnapViews.lua"

verander waarde, save ‘SnapViews.lua’

ALT-TAB teurg in DCS

en dan ‘PLAY AGAIN’ (of zoiets)

dat laadt de nieuwe waarden al

IF YOU CANNOT READ DUTCH LET ME KNOW

:)

p.s. ikzelf gebruik 2 monitoren verticaal met de onderste een touchscreen, voor de knoppen :) zelfs is het zo dat ik een onlogische "aspect ratio" toepas, niet 1.0, maar, doordat elk scherm ietsje afwijkt van de pixel norm, ik heb mijn, in principe vierkante output, gezet op 0.9 in de DCS CONFIG scherm, opdat mijn klokken mooi rond zijn en niet tikkie ovaal,

wellicht dat je ook nog met die waarden iets kunt proberen.

nog een mogelijkheid

een idee lijkt een 'te grote' viewport te definiëren verticaal, b.v. 1150/1200 ipv 1080, dan vallen de boven en benedenkant buiten je scherm, kijken hoeveel dat hindert in je vliegen (en je radio menu?) en of dat het perspectief iets meer naar normaal duwt?

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Ok thanks! Ga 't proberen :)

google even vind ik simmers die 3 screens verticaal hebben staan

dus (3x1080)x1920 dat is bijna ~4K

ook fraaie resolutie m.n. omdat DCS detail cockpits heeft, en is bijna standaard breedbeeld aspect ratio.

Ook makkelijk voor tekstverwerken op je middelste :)

... tijdens 't vliegen :) Maaruh, lets keep it english, others might find this useful too!

Didn't see much difference with the FOV change, tried as small as 5 and up to 350. Maybe because i have to zoom out..

-

Didn't see much difference with the FOV change, tried as small as 5 and up to 350. Maybe because i have to zoom out..

that's unexpected, that's how DCS renders viewpoint vs. world nothing you can do

what you want is a virtual circular projection I would guess to say, and DCS does it flat or parabolic it seems

DCS wish list for three screen users?

Edited by majapahit

Well after another attempt it got better, used neutral zoom. Tried 100 for FOV instead of 140.

16h1cus.jpg

way better than your first setting / so FOV does help a bit

perhaps your first FOV attempts failed 5/350 FOV because these numbers might have been declared 'out of bounds', somewhere, perhaps server.lua

Edited by majapahit

No no, i didn't only use those values but i went as low as 5 and as high as 350 but in steps. At first i had to zoom out completely and zoom reset would put my nose right on the windshield, when i now use zoom reset the zoom and position are good. And now..... 10 more modules to adjust :P

E: For some strange reason my settings got reset or something, not being able to reproduce what i had yesterday.

Edited by Coug4r

-

Ok i managed to get the setting again by moving my 'head' all the way back and zoom in but i seem to be having a problem with the HUD with this setup. Any ideas on that? It's the F-15C.

o0ceu9.jpg

-

Ok i managed to get the setting again by moving my 'head' all the way back and zoom in but i seem to be having a problem with the HUD with this setup. Any ideas on that? It's the F-15C.

o0ceu9.jpg

I suspect you moved the view with the 'additional' controls "Cockpit Camera Mov" which is actually like moving the chair / the RCtrl commands.

That's not a good idea when adjusting a view where the HUD needs to be in focus all the time.

You’re probably too far off the mark now, so you better copy paste the original of this view back into the SnapViews.lua, this would probably be your default Num5 view?

To keep the HUD focused you can only use the Zoom in and Zoom out, and you check for this default view that when you zoom all the way in you end up in the center of the HUD, or at least that you can fire your gun with the target in sight, if not the case you adjust all positions so that this is corrected.

That is how I do it.

Then it seems there's no real solution to this, it's either a less distorted image without an in-sight HUD or a distorted image with an in-sight HUD.

ah, if that's the case that's the case.

What is left a. create a smaller hud that fits your viewpoint? by starting finding out if thats anywhere near possible b. I would suggest start a new post referring to this specific problem see if anyone else did this before. c. find the posts of people who have tinkered with the HUD (smaller font, different placement), persons who created a MOD for instance on the USER downloads and PM them if they think its possible and/or suggestions in which file to dig. d. create an item on the DCS wish list about triple screen users and perspective settings sometimes they pick things up from there

?

I'm actually preparing my setup for triple screen, as a test, dunnow if my GTX 970 can do that (fast), so plz. keep me informed

Yeah already had a peek at a Mirage HUD mod, those files used there aren't there for the FC3 aircraft. I will do some tests what they're actually changing when zooming, if it's the focal length or the actual FOV and will probably start a topic or add something to the wishlist.

-

You need to edit the view LUAs to allow a wide enough FOV (I find 160 max is plenty) and edit the default snapview to put your head position in the right place to see the HUD.

The distortion on the side monitors is completely normal, that's what happens when you have a wide FOV on a 2d screen, you're way overthinking this.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

• 2 weeks later...

Is this still the correct naming convention for the CMSC CMSP and RWR in the monitor file? Cant seem to see the output on my screens

CMSC_SCREEN =

{

x = screen.width/2+866;

y = 141;

width = 210;

height = 49;

}

CMSP_SCREEN =

{

x = screen.width/2+1075;

y = 190;

width = 270;

height = 70;

}

RWR_SCREEN =

{

x = screen.width/2+600;

y = 161;

width = 175;

height = 175;

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

guys, could you help me with my problem?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178462&page=2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I am sure this issue is out there but couldn't find it with a search or browsing this thread??

I have 2 monitors, 32 inch and 23 inch touchscreen, both are 1920 X 1080. The goal is the the 23 inch will house my MFDs and eventually some helios controls. Right now I am coding the screen to get the MFDs on the 23 inch. The code I have also mucks with the the primary page for DCS so when I am trying to navigate the options, or what module I want to fly. So only 1/2 of the DCS home page is visible on the 32 inch screen. I set the screens up on my computer and in the code so it is 1 on top of the other just as they are set up in real life. Maybe I should set them up side by side for coding reasons???

Here is the code:

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Erik1');

Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 2160;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 3.55;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0;

y = 1080;

width = 512;

height = 512;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1480;

y = 1080;

width = 512;

height = 512;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Appreciate any thoughts...

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5X- MB: Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX - RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s - HARD DRIVE: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5 - Corsair CX Series, CX750

Make sure your monitor resolution in the game is setup to include both monitors. also, you can add this:

GUI=

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

}

UIMainView = GUI /* could be Viewports.GUI */

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1