Multi-monitor set-up guide & help (unofficial)

MadTommy

So today's update said that multi monitors should now work. My Lua script for my 2 MFD display(configured for the A-10) works but I am not sure what the script shopuld be for the multi color display?

Would it be like this?

--AMPCD

F18_AMPCD =

{

x = 1113;

y = 1753;

width = 349;

height = 340;

}

Obviously, the exact number would change based on specific screen set up.

Edited by ecooper

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5X- MB: Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX - RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s - HARD DRIVE: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5 - Corsair CX Series, CX750

• 2 months later...

I would like to set up my second monitor which is1366x768 with both MFDs or with the f10 Map, or if possible that it could do both would be great. My primary monitor is 3840x2160. I would appreciate any help or suggestions. There are some good guides and info available, but not finding anything to do with F18 multiple monitors.

• 1 month later...

I use a 3840 x 2016 main monitor, with a 1920 x 1080, touchscreen on which I use Helios. I also use a 600 x 800 Lilliput to display my Kneeboard continuously. I did until recently use a second Lilliput on which I displayed the A-10C CDU display, but following the failure of that device I have not bothered replacing it.

The layout is with the touchscreen to the right of the main screen, and the Lilliput(s), below the touchscreen. That does leave an area of unused display below the touchscreen, with only a small part of it utilised by the Lilliput(s). I am considering replacing the Lilliput(s) with a second 1920 x 1080, below the touchscreen.

I export displays for the A-10C, the Gazelle, the AV-8B, and the F18, and I attach my MonitorSetup file (My Default.lua) which I use for this.

You will see that I have had to re-name some of the exported displays, to allow this single Config.lua to be used for all my Helios aircraft. (For example both the A-10C and the F-18 use the same name for their main displays, but they are in a different position on my Helios layouts.) The positioning of the exported displays are for my Helios layouts, some changes may need to be made for any other layouts. I mainly use Capt Zeens' (All praise to him!), although some are slightly modified (Sacrilege!).

MyDefault.lua

Sorry, I should have also addressed Gliptal's question.

To give unique names to the two F-18 displays, just change the files:

MIDI_left_init.lua

and MIDI_right_init.lua

Both the above are in:

...Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Scripts\Multipurpose_Display_Group\MDI_IP556A\indicator

It is best to do this using JSGME or a similar utility, and they will need replacing after every update.

I do not have the F-5, but it should be possible to identify how to re-name any other displays from this information.

Refer to my earlier post attachment for the Monitor Config details.

MDI_left_init.lua

MDI_right_init.lua

Edited by flyco

In regards to post #1056 from LimitedLiability

I had that problem for my A-10C MFCDs back in 2016. The two MFD displays were redrawing the main view behind the MfD view instead of being just a black background. My problem was when I first modified the LUA code, I had typos in it. One thing that jumped out at me when I looked at the code months later was that one of the lines was missing the ; symbol at the end of it. Also I remember I found one other typo but corrected the situation by typing in an example code without errors and the problem went away. My PC is in U-haul storage, otherwise I would list the code I’m using.

I just went back and looked at post #1006.

For example his code is placing a , after the } brackets. Most codes that I see doesn’t do that. So I’m not sure what effect that would have if that is a typo.

Edited by GSS Rain

Has anyone figured out how to get the AMPCD added to your second monitor without doing it through Helios? I have my MFCD right and left working (though still blurry?) I have enough room on my second Monitor to add the AMPCD but must not be using the right script?

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor - GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, 8GB GDDR5X- MB: Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel Z170 ATX - RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/s - HARD DRIVE: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5 - Corsair CX Series, CX750

• 3 weeks later...

centre screen stuck on right hand screen. help please

Hi

Help please, I've searched and can't find the info anywhere.

I have triple monitor setup.

In the windows desktop the primary screen is centre.

In DCS I have it set as one screen stretched over 1920 x 3 = 5760.

DCS is displayed as:

Right screen shows centre of cockpit

Middle screen shows left hand of plane

Left screen shows my desktop.

I'm sure I had this problem before and it was a eureka moment when I got it sorted. But I've forgotten how.

**Update**

Not sure how it has happened but all working correctly now. Deleted the LUA files a couple of times and that seems to have worked. But not 100% sure.

Please help.

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew u.k.

Hi

Help please, I've searched and can't find the info anywhere.

I have triple monitor setup.

In the windows desktop the primary screen is centre.

In DCS I have it set as one screen stretched over 1920 x 3 = 5760.

DCS is displayed as:

Right screen shows centre of cockpit

Middle screen shows left hand of plane

Left screen shows my desktop.

I'm sure I had this problem before and it was a eureka moment when I got it sorted. But I've forgotten how.

**Update**

Not sure how it has happened but all working correctly now. Deleted the LUA files a couple of times and that seems to have worked. But not 100% sure.

Please help.

Cheers

Andrew

Check this step by step

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2616874&postcount=799

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 3 weeks later...
I have just installed 2.5 version.

Adapted my monitor setup (3 screens KA-50 : Main view+Shvalk+ABRIS)

Result : not working !

Any other feedback ?

Thxxx

Chris

I have a second screen set to display the Left & Right MFCDs. Works fine for the A-10C and F/A-18 in version 2.5. For some reason the 2nd screen display for the AV-8B only works in the outside F2 and F3 views but does not work in the F1 (cockpit) view. So far I have tried reinstalling all the above mentioned aircraft but no success. Anyone have an idea what else to try?

TonyP

I have a second screen set to display the Left & Right MFCDs. Works fine for the A-10C and F/A-18 in version 2.5. For some reason the 2nd screen display for the AV-8B only works in the outside F2 and F3 views but does not work in the F1 (cockpit) view. So far I have tried reinstalling all the above mentioned aircraft but no success. Anyone have an idea what else to try?

TonyP

Never mind, I found the solution in another post:

Originally Posted by dFlow viewpost.gif

there is a button to bind for exporting the displays correctly - it is located in your controls-setup

you can find it in

"Cockpit Displays & Illumination" as Action "VTB Viewport ON/OFF"

It works!Thanks a lot!And in 2000C its VTB viewport and in AV8B they are left/right MFCD view ON/OFF. really thanks

Need help

I have one 1920x1080 monitor and made the mistake to set settings in dcs to 1920x1080 and the display settings to Camera + LMFCD. Now i can´t change it back since the accept button is out of veiw. Are these settings store in some *.lua or something. Need help // Andy

I have one 1920x1080 monitor and made the mistake to set settings in dcs to 1920x1080 and the display settings to Camera + LMFCD. Now i can´t change it back since the accept button is out of veiw. Are these settings store in some *.lua or something. Need help // Andy

settings in

"<drive>:<documents>\Saved Games\DCS\Config\options.lua"

["graphics"] = {

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "<your selection>", ; << default is "1Camera.lua"

["height"] = 1080,

["width"] = 1920,

["aspect"] = 1.7777777777778,

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 3 weeks later...

multi monitor setup Help please

Hello, i am trying to set up 3+1 lua. i have made this file but in which directory does it go in? The main DCS config monitor setup file. Thanks in advance. this has been a pain!

The question asked was simple enough, how to set up 3-4 screens. No talk of MFDs etc. The answers seem to have gone off-track.

3 Screens is already catered for. Yes, if a fourth is to be used say underneath for instruments that's not hard at all. Copy '3 Screen.lua' and simply add the fourth as 'Bottom'. It's simple sums. This is exactly what I do, see spoiler.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('3_ScreensOverInstruments_Windows3+1_7680x1080_NoBezCorrection');

Description = 'Configuration for 3 Screens over central Instruments - Windows 3 + 1 with no Bezel Correction'

Viewports =

{

Left =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = -1.0;

viewDy = 0.0;

aspect = 1.777777777777;

},

Center =

{

x = 1920;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.777777777777;

},

Right =

{

x = 1920+1920;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 1.0;

viewDy = 0.0;

aspect = 1.777777777777;

},

Bottom =

{

x = 1920+1920+1920;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0.0;

viewDy = -1.0;

aspect = 1.777777777777;

}

}

--UIMainView = Viewports.Center

GUI =

{

x = 1920;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

}

UIMainView = GUI

Edited by 99Hawk
found answer

Hello, i am trying to set up 3+1 lua. i have made this file but in which directory does it go in? The main DCS config monitor setup file. Thanks in advance. this has been a pain!

See: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2616874&postcount=799

it's for older 2.x open alpha etc. But you'll be able to figure it out. about 2/3 down the page is the file location. Remember, if you don't see your LUA file in the dropdown box within the game, you have a syntax error.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hello,

I’m looking for an answer to a simple question and hope one of you has this experience:

I just finished setting up 3 projectors with a 270 degree curved screen for DCS (previously I was using 3 lcd monitors as my screen) and have completed the warping/blending config using Fly Elise.

When Fly Elise is completed, it presents an option to export a variety of files that can be used with programs such as P3D, X-Plane and DCS. It’s my understanding that these files are required to be inserted into the respective program’s folder structure in order to properly display the game while Immersive Display Pro is warping the screen.

My question is...where does this file get placed within the DCS folder structure and does it need to be selected within any of the options menus?

I’m used to using software such as Helios where a new monitor file gets put into the \Config\MonitorSetup folder but this doesn’t seem to be the case for this Fly Elise export file (although I may be missing something).

Would appreciate any experience others may have with this software combo (Fly Elise and DCS).

Thanks!

Derek

Hello,

I’m looking for an answer to a simple question and hope one of you has this experience:

I just finished setting up 3 projectors with a 270 degree curved screen for DCS (previously I was using 3 lcd monitors as my screen) and have completed the warping/blending config using Fly Elise.

When Fly Elise is completed, it presents an option to export a variety of files that can be used with programs such as P3D, X-Plane and DCS. It’s my understanding that these files are required to be inserted into the respective program’s folder structure in order to properly display the game while Immersive Display Pro is warping the screen.

My question is...where does this file get placed within the DCS folder structure and does it need to be selected within any of the options menus?

I’m used to using software such as Helios where a new monitor file gets put into the \Config\MonitorSetup folder but this doesn’t seem to be the case for this Fly Elise export file (although I may be missing something).

Would appreciate any experience others may have with this software combo (Fly Elise and DCS).

Thanks!

Derek

You may want to ask in the HOME COCKPITS sub-thread under INPUT OUTPUT. Many of the folks there have experience with multiple projectors.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Any suggestions how to properly align the kneeboard? I have a 2 monitor setup, and the MFD's work ok on the bottom one in my MFD frames. Yet if I bring up the kneeboard, in is somewhere halfway both screen.

Is there a callout/viewport for the kneeboard that I can re-position?

Sorry to be another one calling for help.

I've setup RWR a number of times before, but this is the first time I've seen this. It is small and wont move from the top left corner, 1,1 (see the red circle). My monitor setup file is set so it should appear in the blue circle.

BAD_RWR.jpg

Any idea what files may have corrupted for this to happen?

Here is my monitorsetup file, maybe it's as simple as renaming RWR_SCREEN ?

--***DO NOT MODIFY THESE COMMENT LINES***
--A10CVirtualCockpitServer v0.0.0.0
--LOCATION Config\MonitorSetup
--HOOKTO
--Monitor lua

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('A-10C Virtual Cockpit Server');
Description = 'Setup for A-10C Virtual Cockpit Server MFCD and CDU Exports.'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 3968;
         height = 2131;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.8620366025340215861098076021;
    }
}

LEFT_MFCD = 
{
   x = 1086;
   y = 1287;
   width = 359;
   height = 359;
}

RIGHT_MFCD = 
{
   x = 2528;
   y = 1277;
   width = 359;
   height = 359;
}

CDU_EXPORT = 
{
   x = 2944;
   y = 1438;
   width = 280;
   height = 180;
}

RWR_SCREEN = 
{
   x = 1706;
   y = 1287;
   width = 300;
   height = 300;
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

I don't recall having to change the AN_ALR69V_init.lua this much previously, but it did get the RWR to at least appear on the screen. (From icemaker's post 8 years ago)

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."devices_defs.lua")

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON
-- Code below is used for the rendering when no viewport has been created
purposes      = {render_purpose.GENERAL, -- Rendering in 3D View
               render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW, -- Rendering In HUD only View
               render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT, -- Rendering in External View
               render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT}  -- Rendering in In cockpit view but NOT in 3D cockpit 
-- End of rendering configuration

screenspace_scale_initial  = 3;
screenspace_diplacement    = {0,0}

local x_size         = 1
local y_size         = 1

function update_screenspace_diplacement(zoom_value)
   screenspace_scale = screenspace_scale_initial + zoom_value;
   if  screenspace_scale < 1 then
       screenspace_scale = 1   
   end
   local screen_height  = 2.0;
   local screen_width  = screen_height * LockOn_Options.screen.aspect;
   local scaled_width  = SelfWidth  * screenspace_scale 
   local scaled_height = y_size  * scaled_width -- for indicator all sizes is function of width
         scaled_width  = x_size  * scaled_width 

screenspace_diplacement = { 0.5 * screen_width  - 0.5 * scaled_width,
                              -0.5 * screen_height + 0.5 * scaled_height}

screenspace_diplacement_arcade    = {screenspace_diplacement[1],
                                        0.5 * screen_height - 0.5 * scaled_height}

end

update_screenspace_diplacement(0)

function set_full_viewport_coverage(viewport)
  local w = LockOn_Options.screen.width
  local h = LockOn_Options.screen.height
  local a = LockOn_Options.screen.aspect
  local x = (-1.0 + 2.0 * (viewport.x / w)) * a
  local y =   1.0 - 2.0 * (viewport.y / h)

local width  = (viewport.width  / w) * a
  local height =  viewport.height / h 
  local scl_hgt_K = y_size * SelfWidth -- size always function of SelfWidth
  local scl_wdt_K = x_size * SelfWidth -- size always function of SelfWidth

screenspace_scale_x           =  2.0 * width  / scl_wdt_K
  screenspace_scale_y           =  2.0 * height / scl_hgt_K 
  screenspace_diplacement    = {x +  width,
                                y -  height}

screenspace_diplacement_arcade = screenspace_diplacement
-- The code below is used for rendering When you use viewports comments are same as above for rendering
  purposes      = {render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW,
                   render_purpose.GENERAL, --Uncoment this line by removing the "--" to render in 3D cockpit.
                   render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT,
                   render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT} -- set purposes to draw it always 
  render_target_always = true
end

-- try to find assigned viewport
local multimonitor_setup_name =  "Config/MonitorSetup/"..get_multimonitor_preset_name()..".lua"
local env = {}
     env.screen = LockOn_Options.screen
local f = loadfile(multimonitor_setup_name)
if      f     then
     setfenv(f,env)
     pcall(f)

local vp = nil
   vp = env.RWR_SCREEN

if vp ~= nil then
        dbg_print("ok we have directly assigned viewport to CDU\n")
        set_full_viewport_coverage(vp)
     end       
end
----------------------
rwr_symbols_bound = 0.027   -- coeff to limit indication on RWR when symbol can't be place on RWR entirely
-------PAGE IDs-------
id_Page =
{
PAGE_OFF		= 0,
PAGE_MAIN		= 1,
PAGE_BIT		= 2
}

id_pagesubset =
{
COMMON			= 0,
MAIN			= 1,
BIT				= 2,
}

page_subsets = {}
page_subsets[id_pagesubset.COMMON]	= LockOn_Options.script_path.."AN_ALR69V/Indicator/AN_ALR69V_COMMON_page.lua"
page_subsets[id_pagesubset.MAIN]	= LockOn_Options.script_path.."AN_ALR69V/Indicator/AN_ALR69V_MAIN_page.lua"
page_subsets[id_pagesubset.BIT]	    = LockOn_Options.script_path.."AN_ALR69V/Indicator/AN_ALR69V_BIT_page.lua"

----------------------
pages = {}

pages[id_Page.PAGE_OFF]		= {}
pages[id_Page.PAGE_MAIN]	= {id_pagesubset.COMMON, id_pagesubset.MAIN}
pages[id_Page.PAGE_BIT]		= {id_pagesubset.COMMON, id_pagesubset.BIT}

init_pageID		= id_Page.PAGE_OFF
use_parser		= false

--- master modes
A10C_ALR69V_OFF		   = 0 
A10C_ALR69V_MAIN       = 1 
A10C_ALR69V_BIT        = 2

------------------------------------
pages_by_mode                 = {}
clear_mode_table(pages_by_mode, 2, 0, 0)

function get_page_by_mode(master,L2,L3,L4)
return get_page_by_mode_global(pages_by_mode,init_pageID,master,L2,L3,L4)
end

pages_by_mode[A10C_ALR69V_OFF][0][0][0]			= id_Page.PAGE_OFF
pages_by_mode[A10C_ALR69V_MAIN][0][0][0]		= id_Page.PAGE_MAIN
pages_by_mode[A10C_ALR69V_BIT][0][0][0]			= id_Page.PAGE_BIT

opacity_sensitive_materials = 
{
"font_RWR",
"INDICATION_RWR"
}

I don't think this is a file corruption now, as I get the same thing on a 2nd installation.

Any attribute changes I make to the above AN_ALR69V_init.lua don't seem to make a difference.

Hopefully I'll fluke something tonight and get it right, but really scratching my head at this one.

Seems to be fixed now.

Added the below to the end of the AN_ALR69V_init.lua file. This is the only modification I need.

-- Code below is used for the rendering when no viewport has been created
purposes      = {render_purpose.GENERAL, -- Rendering in 3D View
               render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW, -- Rendering In HUD only View
               render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT, -- Rendering in External View
               render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT}  -- Rendering in In cockpit view but NOT in 3D cockpit 

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("ED_A10C_RWR")

And in my monitor setup file, I called it ED_A10C_RWR, this was mostly just due to a pile of experiments.

Edited by Opy

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this Opy. I was trying to figure out how to export the RWR, copy and pasted your code here to the .lua and it works, right where I wanted it!

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth