Help Adding commands in A10 for WH

I know how to program in Foxy.

But with TARGET inop at this time I am using the standard .lua for the Warthog. This is fine but I am looking to add a command to Center TrackIR.

I looked through the command list in A10 but couldn't find one, so I also tried to add a command i DCS but couldn't figure that out.

Through my search I found a guy asking how to make a button (S3 for me) into a shift. Someone replied to use the "modifiers" but all that I could find in there was SHIFT,WIN and stuff like that.

Thanks for the help

Asus Rampage II

i7 920 @ 3.8

EVGA580GTX

6G Corsair

WinVista64

Hog

A few of the guys have mentioned that its in the controls page of DCS bottom left, "modifiers" i use the pinky lever

remember if you use S3, then thats your nosewheel and laser buggered

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Hey Coolts,

Yeah I see the modifiers there on the control page but it looks like modifiers for when you add commands for the SIM, like Shift + L, or WIN + L. I want to make one of the buttons a shift. I changed the S4 to nosewheel steering and wanted S3 to be a shift.

How are you centering TrackIR?

Asus Rampage II

i7 920 @ 3.8

EVGA580GTX

6G Corsair

WinVista64

Hog

I set CTRL+F12 in the track IR menu. I dont have a HOTAS setup for that.

You mean like a FOXY "shift" don't you? That will be TARGET. You should already have your keyobard set to US so it should work for you.

I havent touched it yet to be honest.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

Ok so I've been playing with the standard WH profile since receiving the kit and overall I'm quite happy with the set up.

However, now I would like to start customising the WH so I can pretty much dispense with the keyboard while flying.

So, is there a default A10.fcf file out there anywhere that would be a good template for customising?

I'm experimenting with the VAC voice control software atm and would ideally want to assign the mic 'push in' to activate VAC.

So has anyone remapped all the default .lua commands to a TM .fcf file yet? :D

You mean like a FOXY "shift" don't you? That will be TARGET.
Actually, DCS: A-10C beta has such advanced built-in controller programming options that a HOTAS-shift (i.e. a button held to change layers) can be programmed inside this sim.

Nightcargo,

You are trying to get DCS: A-10C to do something to a different piece of software - the TrackIR software. Unless there is a TrackIR CENTER command inside DCS: A-10C, you won't have much luck. T.A.R.G.E.T. works, though; if you are having trouble set your keyboard to ENGLISH setting.

SimHQ Technology Editor

TSH member

To map my TrackIR centering button I opened the TrackIR software, went to the hotkey assignment area, and assigned it to the Mic switch up hat on the throttle. The TrackIR software recognizes joystick buttons and the Mic switch up button is not used in the default A10c profile. Perfect!

This should also work for Ventrillo and Teamspeak 3 from what I've read, although I'm still using Teamspeak 2, and haven't tried it.

Buttons available for use:

1. Throttle Mic switch Up

2. If you clear the autopilot assignment to the left throttle button in the A10c keymapper and use the autopilot button on the throttle base you'll free up a button.

3. Joystick S4 paddle lever

Cheers!

:pilotfly:

Target GUI:

Edit your profile and go to the page where you map the controls to their functions/macros. Look in the center column at the top right and select "Edit Layers". You can now define your I/O Layer button (Shift button) and the U/M/D Layer buttons.

A10-C Keymapper:

Go to Options|Controls|Modifiers and click on Add (even though it looks greyed out). Drop the Device Name box down to select your controller then push the button on your joystick or throttle that you want to use for the shift key. Once defined it will show up in the modifiers window with the others you mentioned.

Just posted in another related thread but I post in here aswell.

I've tried to map a joystick button in TS3 to the warthog but I couldn't make it work. If it works, can someone please provide a step by step guide?

I want to use mic up switch for TS.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Posted this in the beta forum here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1029832#post1029832

In case you don't have access.

I made a checklist on SimHQ, that might help. Set the throttle switches like so:

Throttles (Left and Right): Out of Detent

Flap Switch: Center (MNV)

Master Light Switch: Center

EAC: Down (OFF)

RDR ALT: Down (OFF)

Autopilot select switch: Center (ALT/HDG)

APU: Down (OFF)

ENG OPER (Left and Right): Center (NORM)

FUEL Switches (Left and Right): Down (OVERRIDE)

Speedbrake switch: Center

Boat Switch: Center

Then try setting it in TS3. (I tend to forget to reset the flap switch).

This is because if any of the switches is in an active state, then you will not be able to assign anything in ts3.

• Like 1

Runi. "IceCat"

Printable A5 F/A-18C Checklist

Win 10 Pro 64bit, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core I7 9700K @4.7 - 4.9 GHz,

Nvidia Asus GeForce GTX 1080TI 11Gb, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 C16 DC - 32GB (2x(2x8Gb)), Samsung 870 NVME + Multiple Samsung 850 & 860 EVO SSDs, Dell P2414H & U2414H Monitors.

Thanks rkestler,

I was trying to not use TARGET. Someone some where in these threads stated that the DCS controls page within the Sim is "so powerful" that you could program "layers" within the Sim.

Layers meaning like a Foxy shift.

I can't find that thread anywhere.

Asus Rampage II

i7 920 @ 3.8

EVGA580GTX

6G Corsair

WinVista64

Hog

Throttle button 1, which is pushing down the slew stick, is also free.

edit: mic switch push down is also free.

Buttons available for use:

1. Throttle Mic switch Up

2. If you clear the autopilot assignment to the left throttle button in the A10c keymapper and use the autopilot button on the throttle base you'll free up a button.

3. Joystick S4 paddle lever

Edited by Geskes

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Thanks rkestler,

I was trying to not use TARGET. Someone some where in these threads stated that the DCS controls page within the Sim is "so powerful" that you could program "layers" within the Sim.

Layers meaning like a Foxy shift.

I can't find that thread anywhere.

Um, I said that in this thread, on the first page. rkestler's response had instructions for creating layer programming in T.A.R.G.E.T., and then in-game. Follow the instructions for in-game.

SimHQ Technology Editor

TSH member

After BETA 2 patch, i am unable to use paddle switch as modifier + throttle POV1 for external views. I setup s4 as modifier, and pov1 on throttle (mic switch) as F1, F2, and F3 for different external/in-cockpit views.

When pressing s4 (paddle) on stick, and pov 1 up for f2 external view in the a-10c options/configuration it works.

But when I am in the game, it doesnt work, it opens radio command window.

Can anybody make it work and send me a PM?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 2 months later...
Doesn't mic switch in 3 directions control what radio is active for transmission?

Correct. Instead of mic switch up you should use the push function of the mic switch. Most people don't even realise that it is a 5-way hat. ;)

You are welcome to my DCS A-10 server "Ugly Bastards".