WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

Follow the instructions for getting the TARS logs on the TARS website. Send me the logs.

This is all I can find in the logs.

22:20:43 *** TARS Loading ***

22:20:43 Setting dead/spectator status.

22:20:43 Waiting for connection to Teamspeak 3...

The teamspeak.log was found but tells me nothing other that it was working at one point in time but I messed something up now.

I made some changes and will try again tonight.

Let me know if this helps...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone could PM me, it would be greatly appreciated. Here's why:

When I go to my DCS A-10C "Config\Export\Config.lua" I go to make "EnableExportScript = true", and when I save it, it gives me an error saying "Save failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program." I have all instances of DCS closed. The same happens when I try and edit the other .lua files. I am using Notepad++. I even tried it with regular Notepad. I tried it once with the security settings set to read only, then again with read only unchecked. I don't know any other way this would work, as I am very unfamiliar with DCS code. so, again, if someone could PM me the answer or answer it in a quote for others with a similar problem to see, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.(:

Intel i5 6600k @4.2 Ghz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

8GB DDR3

Windows 10 64 bit

Samsung SyncMaster S24B300HL 24"

Saitek X52

CH Products Pro Flight Pedals

TrackIR 5 with Track Clip

Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset

If someone could PM me, it would be greatly appreciated. Here's why:

When I go to my DCS A-10C "Config\Export\Config.lua" I go to make "EnableExportScript = true", and when I save it, it gives me an error saying "Save failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program." I have all instances of DCS closed. The same happens when I try and edit the other .lua files. I am using Notepad++. I even tried it with regular Notepad. I tried it once with the security settings set to read only, then again with read only unchecked. I don't know any other way this would work, as I am very unfamiliar with DCS code. so, again, if someone could PM me the answer or answer it in a quote for others with a similar problem to see, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.(:

Your issue has nothing to do with DCS code or TARS code, this is clear user/operating system issue, one of you are doing something against another. It maybe be reduced user permissions within folder or structure where your lua files are located, or you are editing these files from another user account (not ownership).

Notepad++ should work no problem unless you are restricted somehow by your operating system or some app that is trying to hijack some tasks from your OS (like some security software f.e.).

In case of some software hijacking this process there is pragmatic solution to be tried: Launch OS in Safe Mode, launch notepad++ and try to edit lua files then.

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Ok so I repaired TARS.

TS log after install and activating plugin

14:03:52.915 [4ed5578: 251] *** TARS Loading ***

14:03:52.915 [4ed55d8: 255] Tactical Aviation Radio System v1.0.2 Beta 4

14:03:52.915 [4ed5640: 259] Teamspeak Plugin API Version 19

14:03:52.915 [4ed56a0: 283] Already connected to a server.

14:03:52.915 [4ed54c8: 205] Connected to server: Black [sh33p]

14:03:52.918 [4ed5520: 210] DCS interface initialized.

14:03:52.918 [4ed4020: 320] TS3Interface: Detected Teamspeak channel change to 11418.

14:03:52.918 [4ed4318: 543] TS3Interface: Refreshing peer listing for channel 11418.

14:03:52.919 [4ed6048: 145] Listening for game client on 0.0.0.0:48101.

Tars Log after launching DCS and joining Multplayer.

14:12:23 *** TARS Loading ***

14:12:23 Setting dead/spectator status.

14:12:23 Waiting for connection to Teamspeak 3...

Still no joy!

Second try with 127.0.0.1 and 02 port

14:27:39.013 [4ed5578: 251] *** TARS Loading ***

14:27:39.013 [4ed55d8: 255] Tactical Aviation Radio System v1.0.2 Beta 4

14:27:39.013 [4ed5640: 259] Teamspeak Plugin API Version 19

14:27:41.626 [4ed54c8: 205] Connected to server: Black [sh33p]

14:27:41.629 [4ed5520: 210] DCS interface initialized.

14:27:41.629 [4ed4020: 320] TS3Interface: Detected Teamspeak channel change to 7849.

14:27:41.629 [4ed4318: 543] TS3Interface: Refreshing peer listing for channel 7849.

14:27:41.630 [4ed6048: 145] Listening for game client on 127.0.0.1:48102.

14:27:44.862 [4ed4020: 320] TS3Interface: Detected Teamspeak channel change to 11418.

14:27:44.862 [4ed4318: 543] TS3Interface: Refreshing peer listing for channel 11418.

14:28:55 *** TARS Loading ***

14:28:55 Setting dead/spectator status.

14:28:55 Waiting for connection to Teamspeak 3...

I have verified my TS version is 3.0.11.1 Is this causing the issues? I thought I had ..12

ONE more thing? Does TARS need to be installed server side?

Edited by Stevos758

TARS update cycle scheduled at modeltime 1732.258

I am getting somewhere. Not sure if its the right way?

Ok uninstalled. Cleaned out everything. Reinstalled.

Changed port to 48102

in TARSEXPORT.lua changed port to 48202 on line 11 and 48102 on line 15.

Seems to work now?

Now If I can get one of my buddies to get it working!

:)

Running 64 bit TS3 3.0.11.1

Edited by Stevos758

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Development is on hold until after April 2014. I wish things were different, but unfortunately there is simply no way that I can afford to devote time to this project during the current quarter.

I will continue to monitor this thread and assist users with the current version of TARS until my schedule opens up.

Update:

Development is on hold until after April 2014. I wish things were different, but unfortunately there is simply no way that I can afford to devote time to this project during the current quarter.

I will continue to monitor this thread and assist users with the current version of TARS until my schedule opens up.

Any chance of releasing the project on github?

Maybe others in the community would be willing to contribute?

I know there are a lot of us out there that really appreciate your work and would like to help make this work for everyone.

I wish I knew more about this stuff.

Any chance of releasing the project on github?

No, because there is code in there from other commercial projects that I am either currently working on or have developed in the past. TARS isn't going away, there just isn't currently any time for me to work on it.

Couldn't get the port change to work for me but after uninstalling Nvidia Experience TARS version 1.0.2.4 is working perfectly with TS3 version 3.0.13.1 :thumbup:

Cheers

Hans

Edited by Hansolo
TARS version number added

Hi All

I originally purchased the pre DCSW version of Warthog A10 and have since retuned and updated to DCS world, however I seem to be having some difficulties with installation of 3rd party mods.

After some initial problems and help from the community I now have Helios and all my view ports working fine in the new DCS world 1.2.7 version. megalol.gif

I am now trying to get TARS installed and again I am hitting problems with forums / readme files stating installation paths I just don't have etc. Anyway I have installed TARS and linked it to my TS3 plugins etc however the problem is TARS will not see my DCS world installation? Tars keeps pointing to my saved games\dcs folder and installs but keeps stating "Game Not Found"???? If I try and repoint it to my main folder (program files\eagle dynamics\DCS world) I get a messaging saying path does not contain DCS user file.

Can anyone help? This is what I get at the moment

screen2.thumb.png.07a4329af3eb1831511e9b1eb90399a3.png

i guarantee you have not read all the forums and threads sir,if so you would have known how to fix this issue and is not really an issue just the way you installed tars.....GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!!!

FYI..YOU DO NOT POINT TO THE INSTALL DIR,YOU POINT TO THE SAVED GAMES FOLDER,BUT I GUESS YOU KNOW THIS CAUSE YOU HAVE READ SO MUCH!....

YOUR MOVE!

Edited by TheEagle

hmm As stated i have read the configuration manual and various forums etc. thank you for your most helpful and pointless reply.

Hi funkster, :)

If you want we can meet on your or my TS server and compare settings, folders and files. I would be glad to help you with configuration.

:pilotfly:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My pit

i7-3770K (3500 MHz) | Corsair Hydro H110 | Corsair Carbide 500R | ASUS P8Z77-V Pro |

16GB Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (4X4GB)| GTX 1080 + GTX750 |520 GB SSD | PSU Antec HCP-850

1x27", 1x21", 1x19" | SB X-Fi | TIR5+Clip Pro |TMHW | Saitek Rudder | Helios | G-13 | G-110 | Win7 x64

i guarantee you have not read all the forums and threads sir,if so you would have known how to fix this issue and is not really an issue just the way you installed tars.....GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!!!

FYI..YOU DO NOT POINT TO THE INSTALL DIR,YOU POINT TO THE SAVED GAMES FOLDER,BUT I GUESS YOU KNOW THIS CAUSE YOU HAVE READ SO MUCH!....

YOUR MOVE!

oh you mean as shown in the jpeg of my installation above!!! doh! thanks again.

Edited by funkster

Hi funkster, :)

If you want we can meet on your or my TS server and compare settings, folders and files. I would be glad to help you with configuration.

:pilotfly:

HI there, thank you so much for your kind offer. I am actually not at my PC at the moment so cant hook up for another hour or so. I also have a few more ideas in terms of manually moving some files etc. I can PM you later if that's ok?

oh you mean as pin the jpeg of my installation above!!! doh! thanks again.

Ok let me fix this issue for you in a few simple but clear words(Steps)...

1.Run as Admin if you have only 1 drive do not install in Program Files DIR but on the C:/ cause installing on Program folder can create Rights issue on some installs.

2. you do not know how to add rights manually download this tool to give program Full Admin Rights Here and right click on Tars EXE and give admin Rights.

3. last but not least try taking ownership of the Saved Games folder depending on how many users are on your pc this can cause an issue with some folders being locked by the system download take ownership tool here,,

Not trying to be a troll or anything but i have seen many say they have look for answers and are just looking for others to fix the issue for them cause they dont take the initiative to look around...

Thanks Eagle. :thumbup: I have previously noted this and all is in order but still no joy. I have now manually moved files as below but still getting the same response in TS (as per screen above). I am presuming this should change to show the radio freq etc as per manual if it is working? Anyway I have checked the following from another old thread but still no go.

File is present: C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts\Export.lua

• Contains this line at the end (if not using HELIOS, this is the only line that needs to be in that file): dofile("./Config/Export/TARSExport.lua")

File is present: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export\TARSExport.lua

File is present: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export\Config.lua

• Contains this line: ExportEnableScript = true

Directory is present (installed by TARS control panel): C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\TARS

• Containing directory: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\TARS\aircraft

• Containing files: a10.luac, ka50.luac

[*]Containing files: tarscore.luac, tarsexporter.luac

Teamspeak: is the plugin checked in menu Settings->Plugins? (ctrl-shift-p)

• Files present in teamspeak program directory: tars.ini, plugins\tars_64.dll (if using 32bit version it should be tars_32.dll)

I understand but I genuinely have been at this for days trying / reading all sorts but to no avail. This as always is my last resort.

HI there, thank you so much for your kind offer. I am actually not at my PC at the moment so cant hook up for another hour or so. I also have a few more ideas in terms of manually moving some files etc. I can PM you later if that's ok?

Just give me a note (PM) if you need assistance with configuration or testing the TS, TARS and A-10 simulator.

Have fun

:beer:

Edited by mladen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My pit

i7-3770K (3500 MHz) | Corsair Hydro H110 | Corsair Carbide 500R | ASUS P8Z77-V Pro |

16GB Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 (4X4GB)| GTX 1080 + GTX750 |520 GB SSD | PSU Antec HCP-850

1x27", 1x21", 1x19" | SB X-Fi | TIR5+Clip Pro |TMHW | Saitek Rudder | Helios | G-13 | G-110 | Win7 x64

I noticed one thing, you are not using version 3.0.12 of TeamSpeak. AFAIK that is the last version of TS that is compatible with TARS and direct input.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Hey, yes your right I'm using the latest version but I've noted in other thread this is ok. In fact just a few posts back in fact. Post -1189 on page 119. so not sure that's the issue. It seems to be centered around TARS not seeing the game install. I've now completed a manual install and still doesn't seem to connect.

I'm I correct in saying that if correctly installed I will see radio freq displayed in team speak once I've powered up radios in the plane? Ie where it now says 'not running' in my screenshot (earlier post)?? If not Is there another way to test it is working?