WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

Got it working again in single player but only once in multiplayer server, is it supposed to work on any server?

It'll work fine, if the server has export enabled. If the server has export disabled, as many open servers do I believe then no, TARS will not work.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

downgrade to TS3 3.0.10 and it will work fine, I have GeForce Experience installed

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

ok i think i found something causing issues with users not getting tars to connect to there game ,as all you already know DCS/Tars uses the DCS Folder in User/Saved Games/DCS by default,Ok now to the point Windows Index gives a Unique id to every folder for faster searching etc and system file location for some reason linked permissions with dcs world folder and Saved Games/DCS folder are broken when one or the other main folder is modified(Not sure if im making any sense), in example updating the main DCS world folder will break the lua Exporting in some cases..

How did i come to this conclusion?, Well i just upgraded my Active Game ssd Drive and i had tars installed and working on my old drive,i reinstalled DCS world on my new drive but maintaining the old dcs saved games folder and to my surprised it was not working,reverted back to 3.10 TS and still same issue ,so it was not the TS causing the issue,Re Installed tars/Lua, checked all permissions, still no go...so i decided to just delete the Saved games/DCS Folder and as simple as that retried it and all was working once again....

Hope this helps..

GUARD frequency and GUARD switch behavior

Hey Headspace! I know you're busy and that TARS is at the bottom of your list right now but I'm going to put this request/suggestion here for later reference!

The question is in relation to the GUARD frequency in the Ka-50. The way GUARD is supposed to work is that it is an extra frequency that the radio always listens to for emergency/priority transmissions. For civilian traffic this frequency is 121.500 and for military it is 243.000. The A-10 is able to do both. In the Ka-50 however the GUARD switch causes the R-800 radio to tune to 121.500 in receive only mode, which is not really practical for any usage.

The question then becomes: is this behaviour something you as the developer of TARS has any sort of control over? Can you make the GUARD behave as one would expect, with the R-800 always listening in on 121.500 in addition to whatever it is tuned to? Or is this behaviour dictated by DCS?

We would really appreciate having the ability to do emergency transmission on GUARD.

As always, thanks for your amazing work and I think I believe I speak for the entire community when I say that we're looking forward to when your threat picture clears and you can find the time to work on TARS again! :D

Edited by Sylvan
  • Like 2

It'll work fine, if the server has export enabled. If the server has export disabled, as many open servers do I believe then no, TARS will not work.

Hi Eddie or whoever. So if we setup our own server how do I enable export? And what setting would I need to make to allow the server to enable TARs?

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

Sylvan:

What you are seeing is the normal function of the R-800L1 radio as documented in the Black Shark manual:

"АП" (Emergency radio receiver) switch. When placed in the up position, this places the radio in a fixed emergency radio receiver frequency, used to receive emergency signals. In the western world, this may be viewed as a guard channel. When activated, the frequency automatically switches to 121.5 MHz and the transmitter is turned off.

I figured out the issue I was having, and maybe it will help other people.

Set the TARS Teamspeak Net Location in the "Advanced settings" for the game you are trying to configure. You need to put your IPv4 address in there. Default is 127.0.0.1.

For those of you that don't know how to find it:

Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > type in "ipconfig" and hit enter.

ETA: I have the EnableExport = True from my root folder's config.lua, and I'm using dofile(lfs.writedir().."Scripts\\TARSExport.lua").

Edited by Firehead

Yeah different things work for different people to get it running and (in our case at least) we rolled back to TS3.0.11 and also adjusted the TS Virtual server.:

Teamspeak>Right clicked on our Server name in the TS left top box > Manage Virtual Server > Anti-Flood need to be changed from “Reduced points per click” from 5 to 15.

Also shutting down our Virus software. Not sure which one won the prize but it is sure great that it is working now.

Best of luck and yes it is worth it. So toss the guy a bone and donate.

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

• 3 weeks later...
Update:

Development is on hold until after April 2014. I wish things were different, but unfortunately there is simply no way that I can afford to devote time to this project during the current quarter.

I will continue to monitor this thread and assist users with the current version of TARS until my schedule opens up.

Any word on this yet?

I know we're not out of April yet but I'm hoping you'll come back to the dark side soon!

Would quite like to stop having to stop teamspeak updating every time I use it!

• 2 weeks later...
This is all I can find in the logs.

22:20:43 *** TARS Loading ***

22:20:43 Setting dead/spectator status.

22:20:43 Waiting for connection to Teamspeak 3...

The teamspeak.log was found but tells me nothing other that it was working at one point in time but I messed something up now.

I made some changes and will try again tonight.

Let me know if this helps...

I had that same fault today, and here is what worked for me:

I figured out the issue I was having, and maybe it will help other people.

Set the TARS Teamspeak Net Location in the "Advanced settings" for the game you are trying to configure. You need to put your IPv4 address in there. Default is 127.0.0.1.

For those of you that don't know how to find it:

Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > type in "ipconfig" and hit enter.

ETA: I have the EnableExport = True from my root folder's config.lua, and I'm using dofile(lfs.writedir().."Scripts\\TARSExport.lua").

Except I don't have the config file.

Thank you, Firehead

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be working on getting TS compatibility issues and other factors resolved during the month of May and early June. I am also working on a possible solution to new feature development that might happen during the Fall, with developers to assist me. Either way there will be a little extra time.

Thanks Headspace.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Cool ! Thx !

I hope that finally we will see TARS integrated in to DCS ;-)

Edited by Ninefingers

My TM Warthog DIY extension tutorial

C2Duo E8600 @ 4.4Ghz. | Asus Rampage Formula X48 | MSI GTX 560Ti OC |

8Gb.Corsair DDR2 RAM @ 1103Mhz. | Crucial M4 128Gb. SSD | 850W. PSU |

HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pedals | TIR 5 | Helios | 24" Monitor/22" Touchscreen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

Any update for June, Headspace? :smartass:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]