WIP DCS A-10C and Teamspeak 3 Integration

is that sarcasm or you are trying to be a douche?,Headspace is doing this out of heart for the community ,meaning he is not getting paid and he has a life and bills to pay....Why dont you pay up some cash so he can work full time on it?....

Headspace take your time bro...she still works fin for me.

Hi,

I'd paid (donated) for it some years ago and I would buy it a second one, if TARS becomes pay-ware. ;)

TARS is only running stable with an old version of Teamspeak (3.0.10.1) and our squadron TS is updated automatically, so I can't use that old version of TS3. With the latest versions(!) of TS3, you can't use TARS proberly.

So at the moment, I (and my squad) need only a stable version for the latest TS3 without new features. :)

kind regards,

Fire

PS: I also support Headspace's project in some of my YT Tutorials and hope, that a few of my viewer use it also (and donate for it, too).

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'd paid (donated) for it some years ago and I would buy it a second one, if TARS becomes pay-ware. ;)

TARS is only running stable with an old version of Teamspeak (3.0.10.1) and our squadron TS is updated automatically, so I can't use that old version of TS3. With the latest versions(!) of TS3, you can't use TARS proberly.

So at the moment, I (and my squad) need only a stable version for the latest TS3 without new features. :)

kind regards,

Fire

PS: I also support Headspace's project in some of my YT Tutorials and hope, that a few of my viewer use it also (and donate for it, too).

glad to hear you understand...:thumbup: GJ on TUTS

• 3 weeks later...

Any news/ updates? :worthy:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Tow things: Going to get an API update going in the coming weeks, since you guys have waited enough.

Second thing is more exciting--I may be able to get a team together and put a few TARS features on the burner as an academic project, so I may be able to get a couple of talented young programmers on board temporarily to contribute.

Happy to be first to reply this is indeed great news, Headspace, tq

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

GREAT NEWS HEADSPACE. MUCH MUCH NEEDED AND AWAITED FOR. YOUR MOD IS AWESOME AND IS A BIG PART OF DCS THAT WAS REALLY MISSED. ANYTHING YOU NEED MAN LET ME KNOW, IF I CAN'T DO IT I WILL FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN. THANKS.

- DCS Black Shark 2 -- DCS A-10C -- DCS Mustang -- DCS Combined Arms -

• 3 weeks later...

After latest DCS update 1.2.10.32095.521

After applying latest update we found that TARS wasn't working. We found that reason for this is the following:

After new install DCS has changed names on at leat one folder.

In the previous set up the modules where installed in: DCS World\Mods\Aircrafts notice the "s" in aircrafts

After latest update ED is now using DCS World\Mods\Aircraft notice the lack "s" in aircrafts

In order to get TARS working, copy you modules e.g. A-10C from DCS World\Mods\Aircraft (new folder setup) and paste in DCS World\Mods\Aircrafts (old folder setup with "s").

Then it should working again. It appears that TARS needs to verify the modules and are looking for them in the DCS World\Mods\Aircrafts

Don't have the KA-50 modules but guess it must same

Cheers

Hans

Client downgrade shall be enough, downgrade to .10

downgrade to TS3 3.0.10 and it will work fine, I have GeForce Experience installed

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

So the current state of TARS compatibility is godawful at this point, and for that, I am quite sorry.

A bunch of changes have been made, including the MiG-21's upcoming release, which means more work for me. I want to incorporate everything into the next release, but the plan to get more people working on TARS has sadly fallen through for the time being.

One thing I'd be interested in is getting a dedicated group of people to test TARS builds before they are more widely released. There's been a few people who have contacted me over the years to get involved in that.

• 2 weeks later...

I will gladly help test TARS Headspace!

Feel free to send me a pm with information about testing

We in the 132nd enjoy your software very much, so thanks for your good work!

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes

turned skyward for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

Neck.png

132nd Public documents - Want to apply? - 132nd Youtube channel - 132nd Discord Channel

Kick starter or PayPal account please, make it shareware add-on with technical support and updates for 3rd party planes that is available to paid customers. I believe only basic Su-25T and twin seat Mustang that come with basic DCS World could be unlocked with shareware download. I mean guys, if you sacrifice family time make it so you have something out of it for them. I'll be happy to test it too.

Edited by Shaman

tail# 44 or 444

• 3 weeks later...

Vecko, are you demanding special treatment? You have been already informed, it works now as it is. Downgrade TS client to .12, it works with all TS servers that accept clients with .12 to latest .16. Piece a cake.

tail# 44 or 444

Vecko, are you demanding special treatment? You have been already informed, it works now as it is. Downgrade TS client to .12, it works with all TS servers that accept clients with .12 to latest .16. Piece a cake.

I demand special smiley faces and flowers!!!!! Seriously though, thanks for that info. Really want to get back into this.

Anyone wants to setup and test TARS seriously considering coop flight in Warthog, Pm me.

tail# 44 or 444

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a brief announcement to make.

As I’ve told many of you via email, my attempts at working this into an academic project unfortunately fell through. I was counting on it being a possibility that would have resulted in an update around this time of the year, but mods for games serve little to no research purpose in my current field of study, nor is it something that we could develop and support features within such a short span of time.

I'm sure quite a few of you were expecting this, but the decision had to be made: I have to put the project on hiatus for the next few months (at a minimum) in order to focus full effort toward work on my PhD. I am not retiring TARS, but at this juncture I have no choice but to put it on hold indefinitely.

With regard to the donations, they weren’t exactly Star Citizen level, but what money was donated was used to fund resources related to digital signal processing and useful algorithms (mainly books), as well as upgrades to development tools. The updates past mid-2011 were greatly helped by this. However, I would be happy to refund those of you who donated in 2014 because there was no release during the year, and because I did not have any time to support TARS. Since a new release probably won't be in the cards until next year, it would be unfair to keep your money--this isn't Kickstarter or Patreon, after all. Of course, if upon resumption of the project TARS eventually ever becomes payware, you won’t ever need to pay if you did donate (SDK licensing and things of that nature excepted, obviously).

It was an enormous amount of fun to work on this project, and I am extremely proud of the fact that I was able to deliver the first mod of its kind to the DCS community and that it was used (and enjoyed) by so many. It hurts to put it into “stasis” far more than many of the more lucrative, paid projects I’ve finished over the years.