1.1 Challenge

That was very nice landing. Opening chute before touching down, very nice trick!

I did manage to land and take off without any damage but I forgot to record trk. This is my low and slow approach, I damaged right tire here.

Nice SimFreak, I tried doing it low and slow first, but those tries all ended in the back of the Kuz... The Su25T is really hard to handle around 250.

I think the fast approach, like mikoriad and I did, is easier.

I have been flying only the "T" since FC was first released, and it really is a challenge, the AFM is absolutely stunning.

That thing is definitly a heavy, slow beast... You're right though just gotta love the afm. Wish we could have it for all the aircraft. I think the great thing about the su-25's and the AFM is, the end of the mission is still exciting, knowing that you could still screw the landings up some how. That's not the case with the other aircraft. Have any of you ever broken a wing off from pulling too many g's? I did the other day to my surprise. My left wing snapped off at the beginning of the left aileron. I lost all hydrolics, and limped it home using the rudder for roll then crash landed on the runway. It's was great...

Althlon X2 6400+ 3.2 ghz

EVGA 8800GT SC - 512mb

X-45

MOMO pedals

Well, I've never lost parts of my wings because of over-g in a "real" mission, but when doing training flights to learn the full potential of the "T" it has happend a couple of times. It's quite a surprise the first time... SNAP! And suddenly you are flying a cigar :-)

It's heavy and slow because you're landing with full fuel, you can pratice with low fuel and then increase the challenge by adding more fuel. My observations are that is slows down really fast when you're heavy which makes the touch down at the right speed and time more difficult but doable.

If you want a real challenge, do it with full fuel at night on the carrier :)

Full fuel, Carrier at 50kts... MY 2nd and 3rd try, no problem. This was one of my specialties in prior versions. I find the su-25t easier to land and get stopped then the other aircraft.

That second landing was near perfect, but drag chute pulled you off carrier. That was quite funny. LOL.

Nice SimFreak, I tried doing it low and slow first, but those tries all ended in the back of the Kuz... The Su25T is really hard to handle around 250.

I think the fast approach, like mikoriad and I did, is easier.

I have been flying only the "T" since FC was first released, and it really is a challenge, the AFM is absolutely stunning.

The slow approach works best for me since I have a problem with final flare on higher speeds. I had a flight instructor (in real life) toughed me to trim aircraft and fly final with just throttle (throttle controls pitch). I use same tactic here, I get airplane to equilibrium and control descent with throttle and trim. AFM is stunning!

That thing is definitly a heavy, slow beast... You're right though just gotta love the afm. Wish we could have it for all the aircraft. I think the great thing about the su-25's and the AFM is, the end of the mission is still exciting, knowing that you could still screw the landings up some how. That's not the case with the other aircraft. Have any of you ever broken a wing off from pulling too many g's? I did the other day to my surprise. My left wing snapped off at the beginning of the left aileron. I lost all hydrolics, and limped it home using the rudder for roll then crash landed on the runway. It's was great...

I’m still in early flight training with basic flight and some weapon systems so I haven’t seen combat damage model yet. That sounds very nice. But pulling high Gs and getting wings broken sounds fishy, pilot would pass out before that can happen IMHO.

It's heavy and slow because you're landing with full fuel, you can pratice with low fuel and then increase the challenge by adding more fuel. My observations are that is slows down really fast when you're heavy which makes the touch down at the right speed and time more difficult but doable.

If you want a real challenge, do it with full fuel at night on the carrier :)

Challenge will be increased soon. It will test AFM to the fullest. ;)

I’m still in early flight training with basic flight and some weapon systems so I haven’t seen combat damage model yet. That sounds very nice. But pulling high Gs and getting wings broken sounds fishy, pilot would pass out before that can happen IMHO.

The wing broke because i reached the structural limit of the su-25t, no where near the physical limit of a pilot. Now if that happened in the 27,29,15 or damn near any other high performance jet, the pilot would probably be physicaly hurt and\or knocked out. I believe the physical injury limit for a fit pilot is something like 13 g's(don't quote me on that). The su-25t's breaking point is way below that, maybe 7 or so g's (don't quote me on that either) :icon_frow

Althlon X2 6400+ 3.2 ghz

EVGA 8800GT SC - 512mb

X-45

MOMO pedals

It seems last challenge was not challenging at all so lets make this harder. :D

Attached is next mission.

Mission: Land Su25T (100% fuel, 8m/s cross wind, heavy ordinance) on a moving carrier at 25knots without causing any kind of damage.

Then post trk here to show off your skills.

Good thing in real life they point the carrier into the wind durring landing cycles. Wasn't too hard to land it, but to land it without damaging anything was a little tougher. Finally got the right angle down to complete it though. the first One I landed it ok, but fooled around and blew myself off the deck. One area that can be damaged but you can't see it is the airbrakes. I landed a bunch of time and everyhting looked fine, but when I'd hit the airbrake only one side would work. This was from hitting a wing on the ground durring the landing. Finally I did it without damaging anything on that second track. All together it took me about 7 tries to get it perfect.

landed1.zip

man that's tuff.zip

Althlon X2 6400+ 3.2 ghz

EVGA 8800GT SC - 512mb

X-45

MOMO pedals

• ED Team
It seems last challenge was not challenging at all so lets make this harder. :D

Attached is next mission.

Mission: Land Su25T (100% fuel, 8m/s cross wind, heavy ordinance) on a moving carrier at 25knots without causing any kind of damage.

Then post trk here to show off your skills.

Is it a real challenge? :)

And what about the freestyle challenge posted some weeks ago? ;)

Yo-Yo_s Carrier landing .zip

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Good thing in real life they point the carrier into the wind durring landing cycles. Wasn't too hard to land it, but to land it without damaging anything was a little tougher. Finally got the right angle down to complete it though. the first One I landed it ok, but fooled around and blew myself off the deck. One area that can be damaged but you can't see it is the airbrakes. I landed a bunch of time and everyhting looked fine, but when I'd hit the airbrake only one side would work. This was from hitting a wing on the ground durring the landing. Finally I did it without damaging anything on that second track. All together it took me about 7 tries to get it perfect.

The first one is great, that chute pulled you off boat. LOL

Is it a real challenge? :)

And what about the freestyle challenge posted some weeks ago? ;)

Real challenge? It’s just the beginning. :)

What about freestyle? I didn’t see thread about it.

Here’s my trk.

• ED Team
The first one is great, that chute pulled you off boat. LOL

Real challenge? It’s just the beginning. :)

What about freestyle? I didn’t see thread about it.

Here’s my trk.

http://www.forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=8031

The thread is in Russian but you only have to download all trks from the whole thread.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me