F/A-18 Hornet panels

MudRat02

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find some decent measurements for Hornet (F/A-18 ABCD, not Super) parts. It seems like frugals world used to have quite a bit of info in this regard but it has been gone for quite some time. The pictures below is about all I have found, apart from that I have the Hornet manuals and a book with good reference shots, but no information on scale/dimensions. I thought I'd start by making the upfront control first (then I can decide if I want to continue on :smilewink:), so does anyone have any info on the dimensions of the UFC? Anyone have any other good information on the dimensions of panels inside the pit apart from the stuff below (credit to a user named Pretzel on SIMHQ)?

Thanks

Extdia.jpg

Fwdpanl.jpg

panels001.jpg

Seatdia.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the info ripcord, wish I came here sooner!

Just how accurate is the 400% rule? I just did it for the DDI screen out of interest and I was .02 inches bigger than the 5 inches some have been quoting, but is that screen supposed to be 5 inches on the dot?

Half a millimetre is easy enough accuracy for me, just wondering if the 5x5 inch screen was a roundabout figure to start with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maintenance Manuals

I have a copy of the maintenance manuals for the F-18C. I can look them over for relevant information for you if you'd like. Wont be able to get to it till this coming up holiday weekend I'm afraid. But I'll have the time then.

Dave

Hey,

you can take a look at photobucket and search for my album (raus_5js). I'm at work and cannot give a link, since photobucket access is denied from here, but the link should be something like http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk206/raus_5js/

IIRC I put some photos of a legacy Hornet's DDI besides a metric tape. Anyway, I could take the measures you want and send them to you :)

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I wanted to make a start on a project (mainly the UFC and DDIs then see if I want to progress) and as per Ripcord's advice I went about blowing the pic up 400% but I've run into some trouble:

I don't need that entire page blown up so visiting a print shop isn't really necessary. What I really need is to be able to print parts of it at 400% (the UFC and DDIs should fit on an a4 easily) but adobe reader is giving me hell. There seems to be no option to print at 400% and obviously if I screencap it or use the reader's snapshot tool (which is essentially the same) and do it with another program, then the scale will not remain intact. The net hasn't been much help either.

Anyone know how to do this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 years later...
MudRat02,

Digging up an old thread here but... I just ran into this problem with Adobe... I spent all day on it with no fix. If you're still around... Where you able to come up with a solution?

CTRL-Y should open a magnification setting and let you pick 400%. Then you can pan around the page to find what you need. This is what I did.

hi guys , i used a home printer to print it out over a number of A4 pages. seems like a realistic size but i have no clue lol. the mfd screens come out to 5.1inch or 125mm

11084436_10155411465295112_587769340_n_zpsbi8yutc0.jpg

11091309_10155411465535112_1869774597_n_zps6drewgvb.jpg

my main issue is alignment. id like to get it printed a few times at a print shop as a single peice 1 as it is and 1 inverted to make panels with. should i be able to take the whole pdf manual in and get them to do it or do i have to seperate the page and zoom it to 400% first. i cant figure out how to get those pages on there own.

Frogger,

I did that a couple years back and they had no problem finding the page and then setting it to 400%. However, if you do want to simplify the process, just print out that one page to a new pdf file. I have the Foxit Reader installed and it did that easily.

• 2 years later...
I tried this and the scale was a tad bit off. 390% got the height and width of the ECS panel to + .020" of the actual. The ECS panel should be 5.75"x3.75".

At 400% I get these measurements for the ECS panel.

Can someone please confirm exactly what the internal screen width of the DDI should be? My plan is try and get DDI and MPCD built as a starting point but don't want my measurements to be off.

fwiw, it is 4 3/4" left to right and 4 5/8" top to bottom for the screen area of the DDI when I print at 400%.

Edited by Bullant

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

I can

Excellent :)

Starting work on a pit for the upcoming DCS:F18C release.

Looking at the NATOPS manual and the DCS screenshots, it doesn't seem to match either of your option. Back in a minute with a screenshot.

Here we go:

ddi.png

Note that this looks almost exactly like your first image, but without to AUTO option on the top rotary.

Edited by Bullant

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

That's perfect, thanks heaps!

• 1 month later...

Since Stang's comments have all been deleted, does anyone remember what measurement or percentage we should blow the drawing up to? Was 390% accurate or 400%?

Appreciate any help / guidance.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908