Xp 64?

Any kind of news when they might patch the protection module to be compatible with XP 64 Bit? Two days after I bought Flaming Cliffs I got my XP 64 bit CD from MS so that's what I'm runing now and it won't work with this program due to the protection program. So I have a $35 program I can't run and since every other game I have works and works better I'm not going back to regular XP.

:icon_jook

What i said "Another victim of copyprotections" especially Starforce. I think Starforce may not work on Longhorn too.

Have you tried to install WinXP and WinXP64bit on the same system or so?

This message was sponsored by "askingstupidquestions.com" in cooparation with "icantfly.de".

You might want to take this question to Bugs and/or Payment Problems.

They should have the latest status on Starforce updates. Starforce has got to solve this problem and the preference is NOW!

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Guest ruggbutt
Any kind of news when they might patch the protection module to be compatible with XP 64 Bit? Two days after I bought Flaming Cliffs I got my XP 64 bit CD from MS so that's what I'm runing now and it won't work with this program due to the protection program. So I have a $35 program I can't run and since every other game I have works and works better I'm not going back to regular XP.

:icon_jook

You could set up a dual boot system w/regular XP. I've thought about installing the 64 bit OS but there just isn't enuf of a choice for drivers yet. Besides my vid and sound card I have two printers, a scanner and the control manager for my CH products. IMHO it's too early for all but the hardcore computer guys to switch to the 64 bit OS. IIRC ED said that Flaming Cliffs would work on XP, not XP64.

But it's your call.....................

Which would mean compiling a 64-bit version, which would mean getting a new compiler, which means expenses and maintenance of two code trees practically, all for the minority of players. I don't see why they should :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Considering Win64 is out now, not beta anymore and Longhorn will be 64bit, they should. What happens to 1.2 ? They going to leave it as is? Hell, it works in Win64 it's the starforce thats the problem, starforce has a fix for it, but ED has to apply a patch for it. They dont need to re-compile the whole game, they just need to patch starforce for lomac to work in 64 bit.

Wrong. A 32-bit app cannot call 64-bit drivers in XP64. They have to recompile the whole game.

XP64 might be out NOW, but a whole bunch of stuff sure ain't out for it yet and won't be for a while. It makes zero sense right now for ED to compile anything for it. There's no market, and it won'tbe there for a while, either.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Dude, 32bit applications will work in Win64. They do not need to re-compile it to 64bit, im not suggesting that. What they need to do is only apply a patch so starforce will work with lomac 1.1 in Win64.

It is the same situtation for all starforce games, they will work in Win64 but they need the delevoper to patch starforce, starforce has a patch out for it to work, it's up to the devs to apply it.

But let me guess, you probally dont think any 32bit software will work in 64 right? Cause thats what your suggesting, not every 32bit software needs to call 64bit drivers. Win64 is backwards compable with 32bit.

And btw, almost every company I've seen are starting to support Win64. ATI, Nvidia drivers for there cards and chipsets, hell even Saitek has Win64 drivers for the X52 and other controllers, even logitech for my momo steering wheel. Im glad your not a CEO, your company would be behind times for awhile instead of staying ahead of the game.

Dude, 32bit applications will work in Win64. They do not need to re-compile it to 64bit, im not suggesting that. What they need to do is only apply a patch so starforce will work with lomac 1.1 in Win64.

It is the same situtation for all starforce games, they will work in Win64 but they need the delevoper to patch starforce, starforce has a patch out for it to work, it's up to the devs to apply it.

But let me guess, you probally dont think any 32bit software will work in 64 right? Cause thats what your suggesting, not every 32bit software needs to call 64bit drivers. Win64 is backwards compable with 32bit.

And btw, almost every company I've seen are starting to support Win64. ATI, Nvidia drivers for there cards and chipsets, hell even Saitek has Win64 drivers for the X52 and other controllers, even logitech for my momo steering wheel. Im glad your not a CEO, your company would be behind times for awhile instead of staying ahead of the game.

STARFORCE_INSTALLS_DRIVERS.

Go to microsoft.com and read up on WOW on XP64 ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why dont you go read up on other games that have Starforce and read why it's the publisher that needs to apply a patch, not re-compile a whole game.

edit: and you do know that all those *32bit, un-compiled to 64bit driver* games with starforce work on x64 with a crack for sf?

Your making out to be a huge deal of work when it doesnt need to be.

So far everything I have works with the 64 Bit version except for my wireless card but it was out of date anyway so no drivers would ever be developed. LOMAC 1.2 works fine and I've been playing with the hope that sometime soon they would patch the addon to work. I've got a Saitek X52 with NVidia 6800GT and and Audigy 2 card. All the drivers are there for me and I haven't had any problems yet running any games except for this addon. Hell to my knowedge LOMAC wasn't a top seller so I'm not so sure why they are worried about protecting this add on anyway, simmers usually don't give this stuff away. The only program I did have a problem with was Perfect disk 7.0 but when I wrote them about 64 support they said they are currently developing a compatible version which should be out soon. I just wanted to play and was hoping someone could give me a time frame.

Sure!

Two weeks!

Abit IN9 32x MAX- Kentsfield QX6700 @3520

1.5 vcore watercooled D-Tek Fuzion/PA-160/MCR120/2x MCP655

2x2GB G-Skill 1066 5-5-5-15 2T@1.9vdimm

2x EVGA 580GTX 1.5GB SLI

2x 74GB Sata Raptor Raid0

2x 320GB Hitachi Sata II

X-FI Elite Pro

Dell U3011

Lian Li V2100B

Corsair HX1000

ok so i have the game, have the latest OS.. suppose ill have to go search for a cd crack. copy protection just causes all paying customers a f8kin headache.

Like theres a game on the planet that hasn't been cracked.

• 1 month later...