Are you happy with your thrustmaster warthog

Executioner & Viper get Gold Stars for the day for actually answering the question... BigNewy you have to stand in the corner for telling us what bricking means... AGAIN! ( :doh: )

(Thanks for the help guys)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 4 weeks later...

Got mine together with some Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals yesterday, and i can´t describe how great the Sim feels now.

I had a X52 Pro before, and now it is a completly other Dimension. So Yes, i feel very lucky now. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My System-Specs @ SysProfile

Real Pilots need "No Mark". :D

I'm a little apprehensive everytime I switch on my PC, expecting the thottle to die though :D

Why would you be scared of this? Is there a thread of this issue happening to enough people that its a real issue?

Never mind I just read Vipers Post.

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

Got mine together with some Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals yesterday, and i can´t describe how great the Sim feels now.

I just bought the same combination yesterday. Unfortunately the saitek pedals' brakes work inverted. I have to keep my feet pressing the pedal's brakes down to keeping brakes disengaged in the game. Any hint for that? Dont know what to do...

And does anybody have an idea how to increase the lame slow speed of the throttle's slew ministick? It works way too slow...

I just bought the same combination yesterday. Unfortunately the saitek pedals' brakes work inverted. I have to keep my feet pressing the pedal's brakes down to keeping brakes disengaged in the game. Any hint for that? Dont know what to do...

And does anybody have an idea how to increase the lame slow speed of the throttle's slew ministick? It works way too slow...

In the game controls menu go to the axis settings drop down menu, select your toe brake axis and click the "invert" box for both left and right.

Under the same menu you should be able to adjust the curve on your ministick. Or, if you're just having problems while slewing your TGP you can adjust it by selecting a value on the UFC to enter it into the scratchpad then press the OSB labelled "slew" on the TGP MFCD. I believe the default value is 5.

System Specs:

Intel i5 2500k OC to 4.3Ghz

16GB RAM

Asus 1.5GB GTX580

H80 Liquid Cooler

Vizio 37" HDTV

Compaq 21.5" Touchscreen

TM Warthog

Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

TrackIR5

Logitech G13

Ok. thanks a lot, the AXIS TUNE menu did the thing. Never visited that before..

I also adjusted the ministick settings there, so thank yous for that also.:thumbup:

btw, the slew rate can be adjusted by OSB in the Maverick MFCD only. The TGP doesnt have this feature :smilewink:

:joystick:

I've had this a while now and simply put this is the best joystick/ throttle set I've ever owned. When I first bought my X52 (which at the time I thought was amazing - especially over my Microsoft Sidewinder force feedback). After extending my stick which everyone should do I think it's even better. The only small issue I've had is a couple of the leds have gone out. Still well worth the money and they're becoming slightly cheaper on Amazon now too. Get one, get one, get one

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

• 1 year later...

I love mine except for two small issues. Slight play in the centre of the stick and a wobbly feeling China hat (quite a lot of resistance when pushed forward/aft and feels like it's going to break but it's held up for over 6 months of heavy use so it's obviously sturdier than it feels).

Ok. thanks a lot, the AXIS TUNE menu did the thing. Never visited that before..

I also adjusted the ministick settings there, so thank yous for that also.:thumbup:

btw, the slew rate can be adjusted by OSB in the Maverick MFCD only. The TGP doesnt have this feature :smilewink:

:joystick:

take the left MFCD, go to the stat page.

Press next for the next page. Then you see the line Thrtl or something (throttle.) then choose your slew speed/sensitivity just like you do with the mavs and you are done :)

works for the TGP :)

edit :

I love my warthog stick. good quality, nice leds and works great with DCS A-10C.

Edited by Whisky One

Even reforming my pit and will try to degrease and regrease it best HOTAS i ever had. CH -> Cougar - > Warthog.

I miss the ergonomy of the Cougar throttle, but that ain t Warthog fault.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Awesome for sure, you can add mods to even make it better!

Mods ? Wich mods ???

Good to see you back Flim, when will we have picture on your site?

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.