Flight Qualifications Campaign

Excellent! :thumbup:

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BFT4 bugs:

-1st approach it gives you your debreifing and pass qualification already.

-On both approaches you have to wait for IP to tell you to drop your flaps and gear as you are breaking pattern altitude of 2500ft at 200kts. It needs to allow pilot to setup for landing not pattern speed 200-250kts.(it gives you a fail if you use the lights for glide slope)

Also got told off for setting ILS on:lol:.

He was happy when I turnned it off though.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

These missions look like good training and I'm ready for a more formal approach now that I have gotten the hang of things. I have a friend nearby who flew Hogs (A model not C) so it would be fun to pass these missions by him to see what he thinks.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes they work with 1.1.1.0 only bug I've found is the voice call for IPs vectors are slightly out of sinc for BFT 11 Fly 2 Ship as Wingman, hes calling his location as steerpoint 8 when hes only at 7.

Edited by SUBS17

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the info. Nice videos. LOL..hope you didn't have too much time invested in that mission when you tore off your lead's wing.. :D

40minutes :lol:

And 2nd to last time I forgot to disarm the ejection seat...FAIL.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Isn't that given 2 minutes for shutdown procedures way too short a time? I use to cool down the engines by idling for 5 minutes before shutting them down.

Yes 5 minutes would be more accurate but I didn't think people wanted to sit and wait that long to get their performance rating.

I'm wrapping up BFT12 - Low Level Flight Plan and it will be the last BFT mission so once that is done I'll go back and update them all and put them into a campaign.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Yes 5 minutes would be more accurate but I didn't think people wanted to sit and wait that long to get their performance rating.

I'm wrapping up BFT12 - Low Level Flight Plan and it will be the last BFT mission so once that is done I'll go back and update them all and put them into a campaign.

Woohoo. Thanks!

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

Oh, eff... Now we have to complete every last little item on your check lists to go through the entire set?

:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

:P Anyway, #12 sounds like it'll be a blast. Currently beating myself up over #1 and 2, since my stick isn't configured to fully comply with the HOTAS functionality our Hog expects... (Can't set throttle to idle during engine start-up, never mind the 50+ commands NOT mapped to a button.)

Tried BFT01 today. One of the AI A-10s is shooting a fuel truck while on the ground, so about a minute in there's always an explosion. Also the Cobra's are taking off, then strafing the Georgian civilian planes that are on the tarmac. The white/red planes are showing up as Russian in the kill logs.

Then I crashed to desktop while following the HMMWV, though I suspect that might have been a TARS issue since I've never CTD'd and did twice last night after using TARS for the first time.

Oh, eff... Now we have to complete every last little item on your check lists to go through the entire set?

:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

:P Anyway, #12 sounds like it'll be a blast. Currently beating myself up over #1 and 2, since my stick isn't configured to fully comply with the HOTAS functionality our Hog expects... (Can't set throttle to idle during engine start-up, never mind the 50+ commands NOT mapped to a button.)

Throttle idle from cold is RALT HOME for left throttle and RCNTRL HOME for right engine. Just follow the startup check list and use pause if you need to find a button thats on the list so you startup within 8 minutes.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Tried BFT01 today. One of the AI A-10s is shooting a fuel truck while on the ground, so about a minute in there's always an explosion. Also the Cobra's are taking off, then strafing the Georgian civilian planes that are on the tarmac. The white/red planes are showing up as Russian in the kill logs.

Then I crashed to desktop while following the HMMWV, though I suspect that might have been a TARS issue since I've never CTD'd and did twice last night after using TARS for the first time.

BFT12 is almost done so then I'll retest all the missions against the current patch set and fix any of the bugs. Only a couple more days of BFT12 development and then I'll post updates to all the buggy missions.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Having a problem in the first mission (BFT01)... Using 1.1.1.0 and a couple things..

First - are the Cobras supposed to be blowing up things on the ramp during the mission? Seems odd that an AH-1 would be slinging lead right over my head.

Anyway, I managed after 6 attempts (always forgot something..EAC or pitot, or light test..argh!!) to get the the point where I could follow the HUMVEE. When I reach the end of the ramp, abeam the burning A-10, my game crashes.

I've attached a track... It has happened twice and I can't get any further. Any ideas? (Well, I tried to upload the track but apparently the file limit of 5MB is preventing that..)

Thanks - this first mission definitely helped me brush up on speedily running the preflight checklist.

Regards,

BeachAV8R

Edited by BeachAV8R

I've fixed the bug in Ground Handling so it now works and I'll send it to Sabre for him to check it out as its his mission. Funny seeing everyone shoot each other before the fix a real WTH moment.:lol:

Edited by SUBS17

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]