Flight Qualifications Campaign

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a public video on youtube so it should work. I've just completed BFT12 finally this time I completed the shut down and well I was very surprised at what happened next Sabre you are a legend. I think ED should check this mission out my only critisism is the IP flew erratic speed changes which were difficult to anticipate. Aside that awesome work.

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I've just flown BFT 12 Flying low level and what a surprise I ramp started at Batumi then followed the IP took off and then joinned on his wing when we entered the MOA from there we flew a series of steerpoints at 500ft before finally heading to Kobeleti. Upon arriving I switched to 133Mhz and radioed the tower for landing. After landing I was told to turn down the right taxiway and park on the 1st revetment on the Left, Sabre had hinted at doing a U-turn inside the revetment as part of an Easter Egg. After parking I then had 2minutes to shut down(this timeI did not forget to turn the ILS off or the oxygen- previous failures on attempting to finish this mission). And to my surprise I past with a speech from the IP and the ground crew showed up to congratulate. Quite an awesome mission I highly reccomend it.

Screen_111210_120429.jpg

Screen_111210_120426.jpg

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

BFT08 - Emergencies

Bugs

1/ Vehicle collision I suspect the hunvee again coliding with the F-15E on the ramp.

2/ Avionics fault results in no FPM before take off. Happens just after rampstart.:doh:

Retried after removing the Humvee missions works well just wondering where is the SAS Anti-skid switch?

Edited by SUBS17

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

BFT10 - Instrument Flight Plan Navigation

This is quite a challenging mission as you take off in darkness and have to setup coordinates for steerpoints and arrive at 5mins after getting the instruction to get there so you have a ToT to meet. My last try at this mission I exited the MOA so what are the MOA boundarys? So I can orbit a point without exiting the MOA to input the 2nd grid coordinate. BTW upon starting up I'm getting multiple failures so it resulted in 1st selecting crossfeed for the Left Gen then that failed(also resetted it) so I used APU, also several other systens failed so had to realign prior to taxi/takeoff. Fun and challenging.:thumbup:

BTW set hack when he gives you begin for new steerpoint data so you can make the 5minutes. My problem is my old Cougar axis are playing up so autopilots not happening.:doh:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Thank You Sabre

Outstanding work you´ve done here.

My Respect

And please ED

include the Flight Qualifications Campaign in the Game!

this should be the benchmark for the DCS A-10C training section

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

I'm having RIDICULOUS difficulties getting the engine started... Is this... how do I put this... Is this your damn fault :) (scripted conditions blocking engine start unless condition x, y, z, å, ä, ö, etc. are met), or am I having an actual problem? Because not even ED's quickstart (RWin+Home) works...

How do I install these missions? I installed modman 7 but it has no DCS:A10C.

The files are downloaded as .man files but not .miz files...

What browser did you use. I know Internet explorer renames them to .zip's in which case you just change the file extension to .miz. I've never head of .man though.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

What browser did you use. I know Internet explorer renames them to .zip's in which case you just change the file extension to .miz. I've never head of .man though.

Thanks a lot. Now it works fine. When I first saw the .man extention, I thought it was modman compatible...

Anyway, now it works...

The first mission file (BFT01 - Ground Handling: http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/38337/) appears to have gone AWOL from the DCS website. ("Element is not found")

I am guessing this is related to the comment "Pending Moderator Approval"?

Just thought I'd confirm.

@Sabre-TLA: Muchos Kudos(...os) for the incredible amounts of time and effort you must have put into all of this. Consider my hat doffed.

I'm having RIDICULOUS difficulties getting the engine started... Is this... how do I put this... Is this your damn fault :) (scripted conditions blocking engine start unless condition x, y, z, å, ä, ö, etc. are met), or am I having an actual problem? Because not even ED's quickstart (RWin+Home) works...

Get the check list and ramp start off that and everything will work. You are being assessed on your startup and shutdown procedure is part of it.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Yeah, but I don't get any ignition (APU fires up, engine doesn't move at all), following the procedure in ED's Flight Manual to the letter... There is also no control assigned as 'Throttle to idle detent', or whatever it's called. (By this I mean that there is no slot where you can assign commands for a similarly named trigger/function.)

I'm investigating that... wossname, derelor's checklist, but I have yet to find out what he means by RALT+POS1.

Or are you guys perhaps flying off a different checklist altogether? The X52 I use came pretty cheap and second hand, of course, and the HOTAS mouse is just FUBAR - I SUPPOSE it could be some stick failure somewhere, but let's focus on the checklists. Don't wanna hi-jack.

Edited by Silent Warrior

The first mission file (BFT01 - Ground Handling: http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/38337/) appears to have gone AWOL from the DCS website. ("Element is not found")

@Sabre-TLA: Muchos Kudos(...os) for the incredible amounts of time and effort you must have put into all of this. Consider my hat doffed.

I had this mission before but have just installed the game on a new SSD and cant find it either. Somewhere we can get it?

Asus P8P67Pro, Intel i7, 8gb DDR3, OCZ Vertex3, 120gb SSD, GForce GTX 560, Cooler Master GX850, Win 7, Logi X 3D Pro.

Yeah, but I don't get any ignition (APU fires up, engine doesn't move at all), following the procedure in ED's Flight Manual to the letter... There is also no control assigned as 'Throttle to idle detent', or whatever it's called. (By this I mean that there is no slot where you can assign commands for a similarly named trigger/function.)

I'm investigating that... wossname, derelor's checklist, but I have yet to find out what he means by RALT+POS1.

Or are you guys perhaps flying off a different checklist altogether? The X52 I use came pretty cheap and second hand, of course, and the HOTAS mouse is just FUBAR - I SUPPOSE it could be some stick failure somewhere, but let's focus on the checklists. Don't wanna hi-jack.

Moving the throttle from off to idle (start) you use: RALT+Home for left engines. RControl+Home for right engine. Use end to turn them off.

Probably.

Moving the throttle from off to idle (start) you use: RALT+Home for left engines. RControl+Home for right engine. Use end to turn them off.

So I've been told, and that's what is written all over - and it does nothing whatsoever in sim. So I would like to find out whether I'm just doing something wrong, there's a scripted restriction in the mission itself, or some kind of problem on my end.

Hm, maybe I could try a different joystick - my throttle doesn't actually appear to go all the way to 0, and I remember setting the Su-25T's engines on fire by increasing throttle before the engines had started.

Edited by Silent Warrior

So I've been told, and that's what is written all over - and it does nothing whatsoever in sim. So I would like to find out whether I'm just doing something wrong, there's a scripted restriction in the mission itself, or some kind of problem on my end.

Hm, maybe I could try a different joystick - my throttle doesn't actually appear to go all the way to 0, and I remember setting the Su-25T's engines on fire by increasing throttle before the engines had started.

Have a track of this happening?

That won't happen in DCS A-10C as moving the throttle from cut off to idle will start the start up process. So if when you turnon the following:

Battery

Inverter

Lights test

Fuel tank test

Oxygen on

Oxygen test

VHF1 TR

VHF2 TR

UHF Both

Canopy down

Boost pumps left wing on

Boost Pumps right wing on

Boost Pumps Main fuselage left on

Boost Pumps Main fuselage right on

APU start

APU EPM@100% the APU GEN PWR

Left AC Gen on

Right AC Gen on

Hotas Mic forward

Main-ATC-F5-Request Startup F3

Left throttle off to idle RightAltHome

If you do that then the Left throttle should start and from there you wait until:

fan RPM 50% then APU Gen off

CDU on

EGI power on

Right throttle off to idle Right control Home

I had the same problem with DCS A-10C and found the keys in the checklist that I had at the time were wrong also check your key assignments etc.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

SUBS17: ... Holy... It IS my X52 causing this, unless there's a frightful delay in the ignition... Oh well, at least my engines fire up now, but I have to fly with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Ick.

Jona: Ah, missed you completely. Well, using a different stick, I'd say my immediate problem is solved. The cause is likely that stick. DCS:WH is the only game/sim I have that have this issue, though. Would a track help diagnosing what's really going on with that stick?

Edited by Silent Warrior
Spotted Jona's idea

SUBS17: ... Holy... It IS my X52 causing this, unless there's a frightful delay in the ignition... Oh well, at least my engines fire up now, but I have to fly with a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Ick.

Jona: Ah, missed you completely. Well, using a different stick, I'd say my immediate problem is solved. The cause is likely that stick. DCS:WH is the only game/sim I have that have this issue, though. Would a track help diagnosing what's really going on with that stick?

It would show if the procedure is wrong. Here's a track of my startup.Jona33Theory.trk

Moving the throttles to start the engines only works with the TMWH.

Jona33Basic.trk