Flight Qualifications Campaign

BFT01 - Ground Handling V1.2 has been approved by the moderators.

The checklists I have been using are the ones from Paulrkiii: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=82609&highlight=paulrkiii

I believe Paulrkiii worked on real A-10's as I found his checklists the most realistic (based on my research reading the actual USAF operations guides).

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jona: I have a .trk for you, but I can't seem to upload it here. (Too big? 4,5 Mb...) I used only RWin + Home, and engines wouldn't fire, with the X52 attached. When I use my other stick, this problem doesn't manifest, though I haven't prepared a .trk for it yet. This can be reproduced. I guess I'll see what, if anything, Saitek can tell me.

Sabre: When I tried #12 (v. 1.1.10), I think some scripts misfired. I'm not the best pilot here, of course, but when I was instructed to form up with the instructor, he was several miles away (... it's possible that this should be phrased dead opposite), and a number of minutes later of following him around I'm told I didn't arrive at the steerpoint in time. (... WTF? Right out of the blue.) So, then I said 'Oh, screw it', or something to that effect, and proceeded to the next indicated steerpoint on the TAD at full throttle, reducing altitude to between 500 and 1500, and heard bugger all from the instructor after leaving his side.

*Shrug* Guess you never anticipated the extent of my ineptitude, eh?

Edited by Silent Warrior

BFT01 - Ground Handling V1.2 has been approved by the moderators.

The checklists I have been using are the ones from Paulrkiii: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=82609&highlight=paulrkiii

I believe Paulrkiii worked on real A-10's as I found his checklists the most realistic (based on my research reading the actual USAF operations guides).

You are correct, the checklist I created is directly from the real world checklist with a few modifications because of sim restrictions.

So I've been told, and that's what is written all over - and it does nothing whatsoever in sim. So I would like to find out whether I'm just doing something wrong, there's a scripted restriction in the mission itself, or some kind of problem on my end.

Hm, maybe I could try a different joystick - my throttle doesn't actually appear to go all the way to 0, and I remember setting the Su-25T's engines on fire by increasing throttle before the engines had started.

Try to remap the start buttons. I had the same problem here, don't know why though. I personally have starting remapped to left-control/ left-alt + home/end

Sabre: When I tried #12 (v. 1.1.10), I think some scripts misfired. I'm not the best pilot here, of course, but when I was instructed to form up with the instructor, he was several miles away (... it's possible that this should be phrased dead opposite), and a number of minutes later of following him around I'm told I didn't arrive at the steerpoint in time. (... WTF? Right out of the blue.) So, then I said 'Oh, screw it', or something to that effect, and proceeded to the next indicated steerpoint on the TAD at full throttle, reducing altitude to between 500 and 1500, and heard bugger all from the instructor after leaving his side.

:huh: I didn't encounter that in testing. You do have to try and make the waypoints on time. The FE is in an orbit at about 200 knots around wp3 but will break towards wp4 once you enter the MOA. You should try and join on him as quickly as you can. He leaves before you on the runway so I try to take off as quickly as the tower gives me clearance. Let me know if you continue to have a problem and I could try slowing the FE down in the orbit to give more time for the rejoin.

Jona: I have a .trk for you, but I can't seem to upload it here. (Too big? 4,5 Mb...) I used only RWin + Home, and engines wouldn't fire, with the X52 attached. When I use my other stick, this problem doesn't manifest, though I haven't prepared a .trk for it yet. This can be reproduced. I guess I'll see what, if anything, Saitek can tell me.

You get away with that in the formations mission but not the low level mission I normally wait until hes taxiing then soon as hes taken off I get permission and take off. Once in the air he turns to the right just follow the instructions and when it says you must now form on my wing and can change speed/altitude/heading you will find he does a left turn so go pure pursuit(fly straight towards him) and join up in trail formation(you behind him). Just stick with him when you can he pops speed brakes and makes quite a few speed changes without warning so be aware of that.:joystick:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Question about IFR flight plan the planed coordinates for 3rd steerpoint are:

UTM GG 2923661948

37T WG84

12000ft

within 5 minutes.

My question is how do I input this data when all I can input is 2 letters and 6 numbers?:doh:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Sabre, I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the hard work! I just got back into the A10 after a pretty long break, and had a blast doing the first mission. Almost failed... forgot about that pinky switch on my Warthog HOTAS. I loved the airport traffic in the first mission.

Looking forward to trying the rest!

I got the same problem that was mentioned earlier in this thread, in Mission 3. In what I think is the downwind leg, I am flying heading 300. I am never instructed to do anything else, and if I try to turn left and set up an approach, I am told to stay on heading 300.

After 20 miles I figured something must be wrong...

Downloaded BFT1, 2, 6, and 9.

All I get is .man files not .miz nor .zip.

What do I do with this?

Using Internet Explorer.

Also, tried using the default startup training.

Get APU system running fine; however, when told to place the left throttle to idle, nothing happen. Waited for a minute and fan nerver spooled up.

Not sure I waited long enough, but none of the engine gauges were doing anything.

Please advise

Perry Fincher

Downloaded BFT1, 2, 6, and 9.

All I get is .man files not .miz nor .zip.

What do I do with this?

Using Internet Explorer.

Also, tried using the default startup training.

Get APU system running fine; however, when told to place the left throttle to idle, nothing happen. Waited for a minute and fan nerver spooled up.

Not sure I waited long enough, but none of the engine gauges were doing anything.

Please advise

1) I'm not sure where you're finding .man files, but the links on the first post of this thread have a download button on the left, underneath the A10 and the mission name. Then "save as" in your DCS A10 directory. The first mission is BFT01-Ground_Handling_V1.2.miz

2) If you don't have a Warthog HOTAS, you can't just use the throttle because there's no way to move it from "Off" to "idle" like on the real thing. You should be using "RightAlt + Home" to start the left engine, and "RightCtl + Home" to start the right engine. It's not instant, but it only takes a few seconds before you'll hear it start to spool.

Good luck!

1) I'm not sure where you're finding .man files, but the links on the first post of this thread have a download button on the left, underneath the A10 and the mission name. Then "save as" in your DCS A10 directory. The first mission is BFT01-Ground_Handling_V1.2.miz

2) If you don't have a Warthog HOTAS, you can't just use the throttle because there's no way to move it from "Off" to "idle" like on the real thing. You should be using "RightAlt + Home" to start the left engine, and "RightCtl + Home" to start the right engine. It's not instant, but it only takes a few seconds before you'll hear it start to spool.

Good luck!

When I click on the file name on the first post, it takes me to the user files downloads in DCS website. I click the download button and all I get is the file w/ .man extention. It is the same with the other downloads I listed above.

Perry Fincher

When I click on the file name on the first post, it takes me to the user files downloads in DCS website. I click the download button and all I get is the file w/ .man extention. It is the same with the other downloads I listed above.

Weird, I have no idea why. Can you just rename the file to a .miz extension and try it?

Weird, I have no idea why. Can you just rename the file to a .miz extension and try it?

That worked!!

Now if I can get the wheel brakes to map to the paddle button on the Hotas Warthog controls, I will be set.

Thanks

Edited by perryfincher

Perry Fincher

Well I think the problem with my heading was that I must not have made the turn quick enough, and triggered the next waypoint. Just did the third mission with no problems on the flight.

Twice now I've had "30 seconds to shut down" and then nothing happens. Is there something I'm doing wrong if it never tells me how I did? I shut down everything and waited, but nothing happens.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Sorry for the delays during the holiday season.

I'll get caught up on the posts that I missed and respond to any reported issues (I still have to retest all the missions against the latest patch release) so watch for some updates.

• Like 1