Flight Qualifications Campaign

Hey Terry, please have a look at AFT01. The tanker has no radio freak. I followed it from RCVP till the end where you said enough for one day and should try at a thunderstorm. The freak is 150.00 VHF AM, yet its not in tanker properties of waypoints.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tanker freq changed in one of ED's updates. The default used to be 150 but now it's 251 mHz AM.

I just opened the mission and that is what is showing as the default. Try that and see if it works. I'll test the mission again today with 251 as well.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

The package has been updated and can be downloaded from here.

One of our users reported that the current version of the documentation package has wrong MGRS coordinates.

We did update the TTQ Campaign Mission Package to V1.1 to correct the MGRS references awhile ago but forgot to update the documentation package.

Until the package is updated you can view the new MGRS coordinates on our blog site here: http://mapleflagmissions.blogspot.ca/

Edited by Sabre-TLA

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I feel stupid asking this...but I'm stuck at BFT01! Every time the instructor checks my start up procedure, he claims I haven't tested the flaps. Well, I've watched go all the way down and then all the way up myself. Any thoughts as to what's causing this not to catch? Thanks for any help.

How long are you waiting for the flaps in the down position?

For some button presses I've noticed the game engine takes about a 1 second count to register the press so if you are too quick it might not be registering.

I recommend setting them in the full down position and then a thousand and one count before moving them back up.

Email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com and we can do more investigation for you.

Thanks Sabre, (Basic mission) and a pass now.

Removed some mods and the battery shut down now works.

:)

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

Having problems with the BFQT 3 practice mission.

All goes well to start with but once I'm down to 2500 and flying between 200 - 250 and heading to way point 4 I get no message to turn left to waypoint 5.

I am forced to turn left due to high ground dead ahead and so mission is terminated.

Why I am not getting the scripted message to turn to waypoint 5

Not sure why that trigger didn't trip.

There is a zone at WP 4 so if you fly directly to the WP you should hit it unless the flag for that zone was already set but it only sets after you hit the zone.

Have you tried the mission again with the same result?

Email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com and we will help you debug it.

My bad, I was looking at the mission in the editor and must of made a change and saved accidentally.

Reloaded the mission from my back up and it worked fine.

Thanks for the fast reply though.

Cheers

Loving these missions, although tough nothing a spot of practice wont overcome.

• 3 months later...

A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification Campaign Updated!

We have recently updated the A-10C BFT Campaign.

We have updated all of the missions to address some trigger issues and make detection zones larger.

You can download the updated copy here.

Your existing mission key and password can be used to install this updated version. Your campaign progress will not be impacted as it is stored in your logbook and not effected by the update.

SABRE - OUT!

• 2 weeks later...

It's still being developed. We just completed BFT08 - Emergencies testing so a few more to go.

We had to redo all the altitude and speed triggers as they are in kph and meters and then test them all.

Since we were doing that for the Su-27 we also did that for the Su-33, Su-25 and Su-25T. Those campaigns aren't as far along in testing as the Su-27 Campaign is.

We hope the remaining mission testing goes quicker as there are less altitude, and speed triggers to test.

• 2 weeks later...

It has come to our attention that Wingmen comms are broken in Part B of the Tactical Training Qualification Campaign (missions TAC18 - TAC25).

It appears that a DCS Game Engine update has caused the problem. The Wingmen still respond but there is no radio comms for them to acknowledge the orders.

This makes playing those missions extremely difficult especially since you can't hear the "UNABLE" or "REJOIN" responses and no text is displayed.

If you still want to attempt the missions you can assume they are using EMCON 4 (Emission Control Level 4 which means no radio communication or emitter use). The Wingmen will follow your orders (given via the function key menus) they just won't acknowledge them so it is still possible to complete the missions (the success triggers are geared around targets destroyed not which aircraft does the destruction).

We are investigating a workaround and trying to identify the Game Engine update that caused the problem.

Part A of the Tactical Training Qualification Campaign (missions TAC11 - TAC17) is still playable as Wingmen are not required to complete those missions.

We apologize for the frustration this has caused many of you.

We will post an updated Part B when we determine a workaround that allows the missions to be completed successfully in the absence of working Wingmen comms.

Good news! We have found the bug and have tested a fix and it works!

It appears that 1.2.16 version changed something in the way wingmen radio calls were managed. The changelog mentions this: "Fixed error in radio speech scripts AI planes for some countries."

In our missions we were using a trigger to reduce the number of target call outs as it was cluttering up the comms. The change in 1.2.16 appears to change the behavior of this trigger so now when implemented the wingmen go completely silent with no radio call acknowledgements.

Our fix is to remove this trigger and we have confirmed that wingmen comms are re-established.

We will be updating all the missions that have this trigger soon. Please watch for the update release announcement on this thread and our blog here: http://mapleflagmissions.blogspot.ca/

Your existing mission keys and passwords will work with the updated package.

Tactical Training Qualification Campaign has been updated.

We corrected the issue found in TAC18 and also corrected some minor issues in the Arrival mission and all the briefing text where it was truncated.

The updated packages can be downloaded here:

Part A

Part B

Your mission key and password can be used to install these updated packages and your campaign progress will not be impacted as it is recorded in your logbook.

• 1 month later...

The lazy eight maneuver demonstrated in your video is very different from the lazy eight I learned for my Commercial Pilot certificate several years ago. I learned it as two 180 degree turns, one to the left, one to the right, ending at the same altitude, heading and airspeed as you started. You climb and increase bank for the first half of each turn, then descend and decrease bank angle for the second half of the turn. The nose of the airplane draws a sideways figure eight centered on the horizon; thus the name.

Does the USAF really do two full 360 degree turns, so you come back to the starting position twice? Does anybody have a reference for this? The verbal instructions seem to confuse 90 degrees of bank with 90 degrees of turn... unless the USAF also requires a 90 degree bank at the top of the climb?

Link: http://avstop.com/ac/flighttrainghandbook/lazy8.html

url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCJ35nsy85McCFQlvPgod264M8w&url=http%3A%2F%2Favstop.com%2Fac%2Fflighttrainghandbook%2Flazy8.html&psig=AFQjCNGUHEBnvZzEb22zxNv1djHcvAP7QQ&ust=1441699847926683

Hi, I've started flying the A-10C and just finished DCS' training mission, and stumbled upon this thread looking for more.

Unfortunately my connection doesn't give me the ability to fly with an instructor, but I see you have a SP missions package.

- Do these actually teach you how to perform what is required?

- Are they complete, in the sense that all instructor missions are available as SP missions?

- Where and how would I buy them and make them work in DCS?

Thanks!

Hi, I've started flying the A-10C and just finished DCS' training mission, and stumbled upon this thread looking for more.

Unfortunately my connection doesn't give me the ability to fly with an instructor, but I see you have a SP missions package.

- Do these actually teach you how to perform what is required?

- Are they complete, in the sense that all instructor missions are available as SP missions?

- Where and how would I buy them and make them work in DCS?

Thanks!

The first post in this thread is what you are looking for.

Their site is http://www3.sympatico.ca/tlaschuk/mapleflagmissions for purchasing the missions.

This should keep you busy for a while, everything is well built and SP based. :joystick:

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

The first post in this thread is what you are looking for.

Their site is http://www3.sympatico.ca/tlaschuk/mapleflagmissions for purchasing the missions.

This should keep you busy for a while, everything is well built and SP based. :joystick:

Correct me if I'm wrong:

- I buy the BFT package

- I use the single missions to practice

- I use the campaign to receive qualifications

All this in SP with no need of a Multiplayer instructor? Amazing! :pilotfly:

Nice idea in separating the three Qualifications, I'm much more inclined to try it for a 5$ price, and then get the rest, rather than pay 15$ upfront.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

- I buy the BFT package

- I use the single missions to practice

- I use the campaign to receive qualifications

All this in SP with no need of a Multiplayer instructor? Amazing! :pilotfly:

Nice idea in separating the three Qualifications, I'm much more inclined to try it for a 5$ price, and then get the rest, rather than pay 15$ upfront.

Yep, that how it works.

Some of the repetition for startup and shutdown,(especially in my case for some reason :doh:), may get frustrating but you'll have a sense of accomplishment when you get it down.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

What txmtb has said is correct. :thumbup:

The agenda we followed was based on a real world training agenda so we didn't think to alter it drastically.

Since these are qualification missions we recommend that you have some flight experience before attempting to pass them. You wouldn't take a driver's test without some experience driving a car so this situation is similar.

We recommend training in this order:

1. Read the aircraft manuals and review any related Checklists (we provide an Amplified Checklist for the A-10A and A-10C currently).

2. Watch the training videos and watch other videos that others have done (

are very good).

3. Do some test flights of your own using the in game missions.

4. Use the BFT practice missions (A-10C only at this time) to get good at understanding what the qualification missions will be like and what you need to do to pass.

Then when you feel ready, do the qualification campaign to get your qualification.

What txmtb has said is correct. :thumbup:

The agenda we followed was based on a real world training agenda so we didn't think to alter it drastically.

Since these are qualification missions we recommend that you have some flight experience before attempting to pass them. You wouldn't take a driver's test without some experience driving a car so this situation is similar.

We recommend training in this order:

1. Read the aircraft manuals and review any related Checklists (we provide an Amplified Checklist for the A-10A and A-10C currently).

2. Watch the training videos and watch other videos that others have done (

are very good).

3. Do some test flights of your own using the in game missions.

4. Use the BFT practice missions (A-10C only at this time) to get good at understanding what the qualification missions will be like and what you need to do to pass.

Then when you feel ready, do the qualification campaign to get your qualification.

Points 1, 2 and 3 are done!

Would it be a bad idea to get the qualifications as you practice, instead of doing them all one after the other? As in practice mission 1, then get qualified in mission 1, practice mission 2, get qualified in mission 2, and so on.

One last final question: are the triggers regarding startup and shutdown only based on the final state of the aircraft, or do they account for the exact procedure followed? I made mine and learned them already, but they are obviously slightly different from yours.

Thanks!

Some users come to this already experienced (like yourself). Others are completely new to DCS.

The practice missions are intended for those that have little or no experience but anyone can use them to re-affirm their skills and review what the qualification missions will require.

You can do the missions in any order that you want. You can also re-do the practice missions many times during the campaign if you fail a qualification mission. You can even do the campaign missions individually by selecting the Campaigns folder from the Mission Menu item.

Each mission builds on the previous so as you progress you will be getting more challenging missions.

Our intent is that by the end of the campaign you have been able to successfully cover everything required for the qualification.

The Start-Up and Shutdown triggers are based on the final state of the aircraft (not in any particular order) so your current checklist should work (provided it contains all the same items as listed in the briefing).

We also have the BFT campaign for the A-10A, MiG-29G, F-15C and are working on ones for the Su-25, Su-25T, Su-27, Hawk, A-7E, FA-18C, and F-14A however the last 3 require MODs to make them flyable currently. Once DCS comes out with real modules for these (like the DCS FA-18C which is in development) we will update our campaigns to work with those.

We also have a Basic Vehicle Qualification campaign for the M1A2, Leopard 2 and Challenger 2 MBTs for the Combined Arms crowd and it follows a similar challenge based model.

Additionally we have plans to do a similar set of campaigns for the Ka-50, Mi-8 and UH-1 Huey.

Our challenge right now is to get all these campaigns completed as many require changes to the speed and altitude triggers and related documentation.

Some users come to this already experienced (like yourself). Others are completely new to DCS.

The practice missions are intended for those that have little or no experience but anyone can use them to re-affirm their skills and review what the qualification missions will require.

You can do the missions in any order that you want. You can also re-do the practice missions many times during the campaign if you fail a qualification mission. You can even do the campaign missions individually by selecting the Campaigns folder from the Mission Menu item.

Each mission builds on the previous so as you progress you will be getting more challenging missions.

Our intent is that by the end of the campaign you have been able to successfully cover everything required for the qualification.

The Start-Up and Shutdown triggers are based on the final state of the aircraft (not in any particular order) so your current checklist should work (provided it contains all the same items as listed in the briefing).

We also have the BFT campaign for the A-10A, MiG-29G, F-15C and are working on ones for the Su-25, Su-25T, Su-27, Hawk, A-7E, FA-18C, and F-14A however the last 3 require MODs to make them flyable currently. Once DCS comes out with real modules for these (like the DCS FA-18C which is in development) we will update our campaigns to work with those.

We also have a Basic Vehicle Qualification campaign for the M1A2, Leopard 2 and Challenger 2 MBTs for the Combined Arms crowd and it follows a similar challenge based model.

Additionally we have plans to do a similar set of campaigns for the Ka-50, Mi-8 and UH-1 Huey.

Our challenge right now is to get all these campaigns completed as many require changes to the speed and altitude triggers and related documentation.

Amazing work. If you ever need help, ask.