Flight Qualifications Campaign

Thanks for reporting that!

Looks like some extra files got into the mission file. I'll remove those and post an updated package.

EDIT: OpenBeta 1.5 Part A for the TTQ Campaign has been updated with the extra files removed. Please retest and report if further issues are found. Thanks.

tested and the bug is gone! :thumbup: keep up the the good work, guys, we owe you many beers :beer:

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this is a bug, but the campaign won't proceed after BFT 4 Approach and Landing.

I flew it several times, sometimes Q(-), sometimes Q. Instructor tells me I have passed the lesson.

But the next time I start the campaign, I have to fly it again.

Latest OpenBetaVersion.

Win10, i5 3570K@4GHz, OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX 980, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM Cougar MFD, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, TrackIR5

Don't know if this is a bug, but the campaign won't proceed after BFT 4 Approach and Landing.

I flew it several times, sometimes Q(-), sometimes Q. Instructor tells me I have passed the lesson.

But the next time I start the campaign, I have to fly it again.

Latest OpenBetaVersion.

Next time it happens please check the mission score.

If it is 75 or higher then it should proceed to the next mission.

If it's 50 then it will replay again (it could be a bug so I'll investigate - we are updating the package for the OpenBeta as issues are found).

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Regarding the plinking problems I was having with IAMs: turns out I was going too slow. In an effort to buy me more time to juggle with the systems I was reducing the speed below 180 knots, and I guess that meant the IAM had a very low starting energy, which led to less precise guidance. As soon as I started dropping at 230 knots or more they were always spot on, even when using the TGP as SPI. Maybe mention it in the briefing or voiceover?

Just got my BMC! :D Tactical training is next.

Qot Qs on all missions except the last one, and was wondering how do you not get a Q-? I checked the triggers and trigger 200 must be set to FALSE for a Q, but this is set as TRUE if you damage one of the other vehicles in the first and third targets. The problem is the splash damage from the Maverick is enough to destroy the truck near the CP at target 1, and since Mavericks lock on heat sources there is now way to e.g. aim slightly off and only kill the intended target.

You could use force correlation to aim at a ground point in the simulation, but this is unrealistic behaviour in regards to Maverick usage (see this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147095).

Also, is Part B of the tactical training complete? I see it's available for download, but there are references both on your website and the download link that it is not yet complete.

Edited by Gliptal

Just got my BMC! :D Tactical training is next.

Qot Qs on all missions except the last one, and was wondering how do you not get a Q-? I checked the triggers and trigger 200 must be set to FALSE for a Q, but this is set as TRUE if you damage one of the other vehicles in the first and third targets. The problem is the splash damage from the Maverick is enough to destroy the truck near the CP at target 1, and since Mavericks lock on heat sources there is now way to e.g. aim slightly off and only kill the intended target.

You could use force correlation to aim at a ground point in the simulation, but this is unrealistic behaviour in regards to Maverick usage (see this thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147095).

Also, is Part B of the tactical training complete? I see it's available for download, but there are references both on your website and the download link that it is not yet complete.

Congrats. ED may have changed the damage model since the mission was first created so I'll see if we can space the trucks out a bit more so you can get a Q rating.

Yes both Parts of the Tactical Training Campaign have been released for some time and there is also an OpenBeta 1.5 version. Updated the references. Thanks for letting us know.

Edited by Sabre-TLA

Purchased TT. I take there are no practice missions?

Out of professional curiosity (I'm a Computer Science master student) I took the liberty to look at your website structure, and saw you're still dealing with the old table paradigm, and that you somewhat lack in polish and usability. A lot of things could be improved to make the website more appealing to a new end user: I know I was stumped a few times while navigating it.

If you're interested, drop a PM and I can see about coding an up to date website, for free obviously. I can work with a basic PHP backend or a more modern node.js paradigm: I don't know your current structure, but from the feeling I get you have some basic PHP for redirecting and not much else.

At any rate, let me know. :D

Just got the modules and started with the BFT. Qualification campaign are installed in 1.5 Open Beta, but practice missions are installed in 1.2 copy. Can they be copied to 1.5? Would this work well?
Just copy them over to the correct folder, provided they're the 1.5 version they should work fine.

Hi, I would like to report a strange behaviour for your missions' date and time of day setting. For example, BFT 01 is set on June 1 at 0900, but the sun is clearly too low; I verified this by moving the date forward to November 28, same hour, and the sky is basically dark, like it would be at 0600. Other similar tests seem to confirm the issue.

Purchased TT. I take there are no practice missions?

Out of professional curiosity (I'm a Computer Science master student) I took the liberty to look at your website structure, and saw you're still dealing with the old table paradigm, and that you somewhat lack in polish and usability. A lot of things could be improved to make the website more appealing to a new end user: I know I was stumped a few times while navigating it.

If you're interested, drop a PM and I can see about coding an up to date website, for free obviously. I can work with a basic PHP backend or a more modern node.js paradigm: I don't know your current structure, but from the feeling I get you have some basic PHP for redirecting and not much else.

At any rate, let me know. :D

No practice missions as you are executing within an ongoing operation.

With respect to our website, it's a free site hosted by our ISP so we are very limited in what we can do on the backend (think basic html and css and that's about it).

I would like to hear your ideas for improving the look and feel though so please email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com.

Hi, I would like to report a strange behaviour for your missions' date and time of day setting. For example, BFT 01 is set on June 1 at 0900, but the sun is clearly too low; I verified this by moving the date forward to November 28, same hour, and the sky is basically dark, like it would be at 0600. Other similar tests seem to confirm the issue.

That's an issue in the OpenBeta 1.5. I've noticed many missions that start early in the morning are now starting in dawn like conditions (darker than in 1.2.16).

We are updating some of them to improve their playability however the dawn atmosphere also adds to the mission in some cases so we will leave those as is.

No practice missions as you are executing within an ongoing operation.

With respect to our website, it's a free site hosted by our ISP so we are very limited in what we can do on the backend (think basic html and css and that's about it).

I would like to hear your ideas for improving the look and feel though so please email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com.

Sent you a quick email with a couple of ideas. :thumbup:

Arrival, first tactical training mission: the briefing ends and I have no way of exiting the mission but stopping DCS.exe. Also, F7 does nothing.

Sounds like an OpenBeta 1.5 bug. Not much we can do in the mission if you can't use the ESC key to bring up the menu to exit the mission. Sorry.

While the missions is playing does F7 not show you the humvee leaving from the FARP?

Sounds like an OpenBeta 1.5 bug. Not much we can do in the mission if you can't use the ESC key to bring up the menu to exit the mission. Sorry.
I'm still on 1.2.16 though.

While the missions is playing does F7 not show you the humvee leaving from the FARP?
It doesn't. At first I thought it was a keybinding issue, but even after rebinding all the F keys still nothing happens. It's like the simulation won't accept any issues by the player.

EDIT: Goddamn me and my OCD. That mission uses the "General" and not "A-10C Sim" keybindings, and I normally have everything but what I use completely unbinded. My bad.

Edited by Gliptal

No worries. I just tested the mission in OpenBeta 1.5 and it played fine. 1.2.16 should be ok as well as we haven't touched it since it was released.

It doesn't have any player aircraft as it's an Arrival mission into the AO. You are just a passenger.

Glad you got your keys sorted.

Just flew TAC11 and had a blast!

Just a minor thing (I assume you hate me by now): are the triggers based on the briefed 2833 QFE, or on the default 2998? I'm asking because I dialed 2833 at the start of the mission, but got a notice I was going out of altitude when reachin 9800ft.

Just flew TAC11 and had a blast!

Just a minor thing (I assume you hate me by now): are the triggers based on the briefed 2833 QFE, or on the default 2998? I'm asking because I dialed 2833 at the start of the mission, but got a notice I was going out of altitude when reaching 9800ft.

Yes they were designed to use the 2833 QFE. According to the Altitude Block Diagram for the Transit Routes inbound is between 8000 and 9000 and outbound is between 6000 and 7000.

Going over 9K I would expect an altitude warning however game updates may have changed the behavior. I'll take another look at it.

Yes they were designed to use the 2833 QFE. According to the Altitude Block Diagram for the Transit Routes inbound is between 8000 and 9000 and outbound is between 6000 and 7000.

Going over 9K I would expect an altitude warning however game updates may have changed the behavior. I'll take another look at it.

Makes sense. Admittedely I was following the CDU waypoint altitude, set at 9800. Maybe it's a CDU problem with QFE altitudes, similar to the DTOT displacement issue.

I am working through the BFT01. Probably I should know it but... What SET means? For example, "Intercom Controls - SET" or "Emergency Flight Controls - SET"

SET means that the system is setup for operation. Check the DCS A-10C Flight Manual or our A-10C Amplified Checklist for specific switch settings.