Flight Qualifications Campaign

So, I'm probably being blonde here, but...

The download page says:

You will need to install a license and purchase a mission key to install these missions.

But then goes on to say:

This campaign is no longer for sale.

and finally...

License: Paid - Paid version, License file included

The files download as MIZ files, but are apparently EXEs? There are no install instructions in this thread or in the downloads/download page. If I rename them EXE and run them they ask for a license key. I install the license manager and try again, but this time it says I need a valid mission key.

So... is it FREE, not FREE, FREE but you need to apply for a key?

Yours,

Confused.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm probably being blonde here, but...

The download page says:

But then goes on to say:

and finally...

The files download as MIZ files, but are apparently EXEs? There are no install instructions in this thread or in the downloads/download page. If I rename them EXE and run them they ask for a license key. I install the license manager and try again, but this time it says I need a valid mission key.

So... is it FREE, not FREE, FREE but you need to apply for a key?

Yours,

Confused.

We have had to suspend sales for this campaign pending some upcoming changes. We will advise when the campaign is available again.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

I hope you're looking at simplifying the installation, updating, and licensing. I totally get the need for licensing, and the web-verify/key/password scheme is fine. Detecting and applying updates is really difficult (read the blog?). Also I would LOVE to have a single unified package including the training, docs, and qualifications, that self-updates. I'd pay for it in one transaction and maybe a subscription for updates... Just a thought.

I hope you're looking at simplifying the installation, updating, and licensing. I totally get the need for licensing, and the web-verify/key/password scheme is fine. Detecting and applying updates is really difficult (read the blog?). Also I would LOVE to have a single unified package including the training, docs, and qualifications, that self-updates. I'd pay for it in one transaction and maybe a subscription for updates... Just a thought.

There's a file size limit on the DCS user files that can be uploaded, unfortunately, that's why they have to be split. I hope ED can modify that one day.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Have tried TAC24 twice and both times when I hold at Chevy, nothing happens. I can see the F16s overflying Arco and on the second attempt I saw missile launches but no hits.

One other question, in TAC23 why is it necessary to specifically select Guard frequency rather than monitoring Both? (I assume it's needed to fire a trigger?)

Have tried TAC24 twice and both times when I hold at Chevy, nothing happens. I can see the F16s overflying Arco and on the second attempt I saw missile launches but no hits.

One other question, in TAC23 why is it necessary to specifically select Guard frequency rather than monitoring Both? (I assume it's needed to fire a trigger?)

Thanks for reporting that. We will test again to see if something has changed. I thought we had a trigger that specifically destroyed one of the F-16s to force the shoot down to cause the CSAR. The mission is similar to TAC23 so not sure why it didn't work in TAC24.

Monitoring Guard specifically will play some messages from the downed pilot (it's the only way to communicate with them for the authentication).

Will investigate and report back.

Hi guys,

Im having trouble with campaign mission BFT08. When approaching the UTM co-ord waypoint it is telling me I am at the wrong altitude, however I am clearly at 12000. Tried this mission 3 times now with the same results :(

I've included a screenshot, track is too large for me to attach unfortunately.

Am i doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Cheers,

Si

uwotm8.thumb.jpg.298e9b872f6c50458b3780b58ee68b6b.jpg

Edited by Lonefox

Hi guys,

Im having trouble with campaign mission BFT08. When approaching the UTM co-ord waypoint it is telling me I am at the wrong altitude, however I am clearly at 12000. Tried this mission 3 times now with the same results :(

I've included a screenshot, track is too large for me to attach unfortunately.

Am i doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Cheers,

Si

I think you mean BFT10 - Instrument Flight Plan Navigation. BFT08 is the Emergencies mission.

Did this happen in the practice mission or the campaign mission? You can practice using the single player practice missions to ensure success before tackling the campaign.

It's hard to tell in your screenshot but did you set the QFE pressure correctly (2989)?

Also try flying slightly below 12,000'. In one of the game engine updates ED changed something in the way the altitude is measured. It doesn't directly align with the instruments now even with the correct QFE settings.

If you check your altitude using the F2 view you might find you are 200' or 300' higher than your instruments are registering which puts you outside the altitude trigger test. We had to tweak the F-15C BFT campaign triggers because of this issue (it was more pronounced in the F-15C).

If you got that message the good news is that you did get to the waypoint on time so repeat what you did in your next attempt but check your QFE setting and try a slightly lower altitude.

I think you mean BFT10 - Instrument Flight Plan Navigation. BFT08 is the Emergencies mission.

Did this happen in the practice mission or the campaign mission? You can practice using the single player practice missions to ensure success before tackling the campaign.

It's hard to tell in your screenshot but did you set the QFE pressure correctly (2989)?

Also try flying slightly below 12,000'. In one of the game engine updates ED changed something in the way the altitude is measured. It doesn't directly align with the instruments now even with the correct QFE settings.

If you check your altitude using the F2 view you might find you are 200' or 300' higher than your instruments are registering which puts you outside the altitude trigger test. We had to tweak the F-15C BFT campaign triggers because of this issue (it was more pronounced in the F-15C).

If you got that message the good news is that you did get to the waypoint on time so repeat what you did in your next attempt but check your QFE setting and try a slightly lower altitude.

Sorry that's correct I meant BFT10. Yes the QFE was correctly set to 2989 on takeoff and it was the campaign mission not the practice.

I've just loaded the track up and checked on the F2 view and you are correct, the altitude shown is completly different. For the first few way points its roughly +250-300 which must be within the check limits but for the 12000 one its about +500 out which would explain why its failing the check.

I took control near the waypoint and dropped 500 feet so it read 12000 on the F2 view, I then got a "Good job!" So it looks like i'll be able to pass this one now :)

Thanks for helping out Sabre :)

We think we found the issue with TAC24. It's a strange bug and is not consistent with other trigger behaviors.

In this mission we group activate 2 SAM systems instead of one within the same trigger. It appears the game engine has a problem sometimes with multiple group activates. We say sometimes as there are other triggers that have multiple group activates that work ok.

We should have a fix soon and will post again when it's ready.

Sabre, any news on the development of Flight Qualification missions/campaigns for MiG-21bis?

Nothing new other than it's still on our roadmap. We have been tied up with some other projects at the moment but we do expect to get it going once the other work settles down.

Tactical Campaign Part B Updated.

You can download the updated package here.

We corrected an issue found in TAC24 (and actually could exist in TAC23 and TAC25 as well).

It appears that there were issues with multiple group activations in the same trigger as well as the SAMs not being as dangerous as they used to be (AI tweaks?).

We have added extra trigger code to make the mission more robust to future AI changes so hopefully they will play properly in future updates.

Your mission key and password can be used to install these packages and your campaign progress will not be impacted as it is recorded in your logbook.

OpenBeta update will follow shortly.

Its out: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2715334#post2715334

Do we, who get it direct from Maple Flag, updates in the futures, too?

Yes we will continue to support those with mission keys for a period of 1 year.

Eventually we want to decommission our proprietary mission key system in favor of ED's store and module management system.

All new purchases need to be done through the ED store once they have that working.