Flight Qualifications Campaign

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on the release, that's what I've been waiting for :)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Will it be possible to exchange the Maple Flag Key to the Key for module management system?

At this time I would have to say no.

The content is the same as the SUID/Mission Key version you have.

The only difference is the campaign through the ED store is managed via the module manager in game (instead of using our SUID / Mission Key installer).

It's up to you if you want to repurchase the campaign to take advantage of this new distribution method.

We will continue to support our SUID/Mission key system for another year.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

That's quite unfortunate. We would be effectively pay double the cost to get a much more integrated version of the same campaign.

True

You may also wait for the Nevada version they are planning... and repurchase then...

At this time I would have to say no.

The content is the same as the SUID/Mission Key version you have.

The only difference is the campaign through the ED store is managed via the module manager in game (instead of using our SUID / Mission Key installer).

It's up to you if you want to repurchase the campaign to take advantage of this new distribution method.

We will continue to support our SUID/Mission key system for another year.

It has already been done, converting vendors keys to ED's keys for aircraft, I'm a little bit disapointed...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yea i have to agree, im very disappointed. it has been done before a few times as i recall.

I have purchased almost all of MFM campaigns, the idea that i have to pay for them again is extremely unfortunate as well as highly unlikely.

It also has me concerned about how long i will be able to use what i have purchased since ED is moving away from external dedicated installers for modules and campaigns with them trying to move everything to the new distro method which i think is a good thing in general.

I would ask that this decision be seriously reconsidered, please reach out to ED, find out what could be done, what is possible.. there are many customers who i think will feel burned by such a decision

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Congratulations!

Same question here, I purchased Basic Flight Training and Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification some 3 years ago and would prefer to use the Module Manager from now on. Some kind of key exchange program would be most appreciated!

I am new to these Maple Flag missions. I just heard about them recently. And I am a little confused as to what missions are actual training, which are qualification tests, and which are campaigns?

I would be interested in something that would train me and then test/qualify me. Do any of them do both?

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Congratulations!

Same question here, I purchased Basic Flight Training and Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification some 3 years ago and would prefer to use the Module Manager from now on. Some kind of key exchange program would be most appreciated!

+1

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

We recognize that many of our customers are bummed out that their previous purchase cannot be transferred to ED.

We are sorry for this situation. It's disappointing to buy something only to have it replaced by a seemingly better, newer model.

I've talked this over with Matt Wagner and unfortunately the decision remains as it is.

Many users have complained about our complicated SUID/Mission key system so moving to the ED Store is a step in the right direction in this regard.

We always hoped our campaigns would make it to the ED Store and there was never any promise that previous purchases would transfer to ED (though many may have assumed this from other dealings).

I was trying to think of an analogy to explain this situation and the one that I came up with is this.

Previous purchases from our website were like buying a book.

The ED Store is now providing an e-reader version of the same book.

The distribution method and packaging is different but the content remains the same.

We have agreed to continue to support the current purchases for a period of 1 year which should give everyone sufficient time to complete the campaign or if they decide, upgrade to the ED Store model. We will reassess this decision again at this time next year.

We have had many loyal customers that have supported us to this point and we will not forget them as we continue to develop new campaigns for this great simulator.

Please feel free to email us directly at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com and we will do our best to respond to any questions or concerns.

The analogy only works up to a certain point. A book is 18€, its e-reader version is under 5€ most of the time. I understand you can't give keys away for free, but maybe devise a way to dramatically lower the price for previous customers. Considering it's now 10$, at least a 50% discount to lower it to the previous 5$ would make a lot of sense.

Personally I will not buy it again at the current price, but may consider it if a discount was offered.

The analogy only works up to a certain point. A book is 18€, its e-reader version is under 5€ most of the time. I understand you can't give keys away for free, but maybe devise a way to dramatically lower the price for previous customers. Considering it's now 10$, at least a 50% discount to lower it to the previous 5$ would make a lot of sense.

Personally I will not buy it again at the current price, but may consider it if a discount was offered.

Being on ED's Store will allow ED to package it or sell it at a discount at one of the many sales ED has throughout the year. If you wait you should be able to get it at a discount at some point.

We used our bonus points and purchased it for $6.99 USD.

I was trying to think of an analogy to explain this situation and the one that I came up with is this:

If you buy any DCS module outside of digitalcombatsimulator.com (e.g. Steam, DVD hard copy), you can take the activation key, hop over to digitalcombatsimulator.com, bind the key to your DCS account and take advantage of the Module Manager.

Yup, good analogy. Why didn't I think of that? :music_whistling:

Sabre

I want to install the interactive startup training mission. but I can't find anywhere to buy it? It used to be available on your blog page but it seems to have disapeared.

I have downloaded it from the DCS files section but it now states on the mission page that it is no longer for sale. Why?

I need this mission please put it back up.

Cheers

SD

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

Sabre

I want to install the interactive startup training mission. but I can't find anywhere to buy it? It used to be available on your blog page but it seems to have disapeared.

I have downloaded it from the DCS files section but it now states on the mission page that it is no longer for sale. Why?

I need this mission please put it back up.

Cheers

SD

Unfortunately those missions are no longer available. They were intended for the campaign but there were issues with the installer so they were not included.

We may have to shelve them until ED can develop a single player mission installer or we decide to make it a free download and credit back those customers that have already purchased it.

We recognize that many of our customers are bummed out that their previous purchase cannot be transferred to ED.

We are sorry for this situation. It's disappointing to buy something only to have it replaced by a seemingly better, newer model.

I've talked this over with Matt Wagner and unfortunately the decision remains as it is.[...]

Congratulations for the well-deserved change of status for BFT!

If similar plans are made for the other qualification campaigns, will you let us know?

I also had mixed feelings about the licencing deal, but I suppose the 3-activation right still holds should anyone change their system after the one-year possible expiry date, that's the main concern I would have as a customer in general.

In any case, we appreciate it's ED's decision and not yours. Talking about analogies, I'd rather think about ISI's recent move of rFactor2 to Steam, AFAIK the support remains indefinite for the original licencing scheme, and people are able to switch to a Steam licence anytime for free, and keep their "standard/lifetime" equivalent status, which seems more appropriate.

On the other hand, BFT is still a bargain at this price (rF2 is quite more expensive and is another animal entirely) and if you have to heavily update the missions due to future changes in DCS, it would only be fair that at some point people pay a bit for the update. So all in all, it's probably a change for the best!

Edited by Redglyph

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Congratulations for the well-deserved change of status for BFT!

If similar plans are made for the other qualification campaign, will you let us know?

I also had mixed feelings about the licencing deal, but I suppose the 3-activation right still holds should anyone change their system after the one-year possible expiry date, that's the main concern I would have as a customer in general.

In any case, we appreciate it's ED's decision and not yours. Talking about analogies, I'd rather think about ISI's recent move of rFactor2 to Steam, AFAIK the support remains indefinite for the original licencing scheme, and people are able to switch to a Steam licence anytime for free, and keep their "standard/lifetime" equivalent status, which seems more appropriate.

On the other hand, BFT is still a bargain at this price (rF2 is quite more expensive and is another animal entirely) and if you have to heavily update the missions due to future changes in DCS, it would only be fair that at some point people pay a bit for the update. So all in all, it's probably a change for the best!

What really irks me is that I end up paying a total of three times the original price just for an update: not going to happen, this is just lost sales for them. One halfway solution would be to offer a heavy discount for previous owners, but it seems like ED won't have any of that.

Hm, right, it's not possible to order anything on the Maple site right now but I see in my receipt it was 5$, and now it's twice the price indeed. Well, 5$ is probably a bit low by today's standard, isn't it? I suppose they re-evaluated the price, or ED wants to keep all campaigns at 10$.

As I see it that's for new customers, I doubt anyone already owning a campaign would see an advantage in buying it again (especially at twice the original price).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Hm, right, it's not possible to order anything on the Maple site right now but I see in my receipt it was 5$, and now it's twice the price indeed. Well, 5$ is probably a bit low by today's standard, isn't it? I suppose they re-evaluated the price, or ED wants to keep all campaigns at 10$.

As I see it that's for new customers, I doubt anyone already owning a campaign would see an advantage in buying it again (especially at twice the original price).

An obvious advantage is the module integration, and the fact that the old SUID will be discontinued in one year time.