Flight Qualifications Campaign

Hello Sabre,

I have a question on AAT 10, for the 1st target it says "Your first target is at WP 5. Target the mobile command post only and use the AGM-65D on this target".

I suppose the mobile command post is the one in the middle with the antennas ("mobile command post SKP-11" in the encyclopedia), but I'm not sure and the doc shows all three of them. I have tried a few times, and the response is always the same, "you hit the wrong target!" and after a while "that's a kill". Finally, I tried with all three targets in the stand-alone mission, and the result is also the same.

Which one do we have to hit? Is it possible that the nearby targets receive a small amount of damage due to the explosion and trigger this false report?

I actually reported this myself some months ago. Apparently the Maverick has a pretty large splash damage radius, meaning all vehicles get damaged.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually reported this myself some months ago. Apparently the Maverick has a pretty large splash damage radius, meaning all vehicles get damaged.

Indeed, usually another vehicle blows up shortly after, and the third one escapes but is probably damaged as well. I'm not sure how much of an impact this has on the score though.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I thought we had fixed that in the latest version of the download package (dated 03-04-2016 04:28:45).

It could be the blast damage radius has increased again and we need to move the vehicles further apart.

We are reviewing / updating the campaign for the ED store version so we will confirm that the problem is corrected in that version and back propagate the fix to the user files version.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

The timestamp on those files seem older, I might have the previous version.

The files are DCSWOBA10C_CMP02A.V1.5.exe DCSWOBA10C_CMP02B.V1.5.exe and DCSWOBA10C_PCMP02.V1.5.exe, if that's any clue.

I checked again and the files on the site are the same (from here). Or are the non-open-beta versions more recent? I'm still using an open beta, not the release 1.5.

I still don't know the impact on the score or the success trigger, maybe it's not that important. I'll probably try when I can find some time.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Hello,

Does this mission package comes with learning/training materials too (procedures explained, etc), or is it just about testing the pilot's knowledge/capabilities ?

I mean, I'm still a newbie in DCS and A10 in particular, and I was wondering if these missions would be a good material to *learn*, before even talking about testings ?

Thanks !

its not really a 'tutorial' type campaign. it does have a practice version where you can try it out without getting graded, but if you are new then you may not be ready for this. you can get it, read the materials, practice the maneuvers then start the campaign to try and get a good rating. So to that extend it can be educational, but its more self paced learning. no part of the missions/campaign is going to walk you through stuff like you see in the base tutorials that come with the A-10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Hi, just a question from a newbie to DCS. does this campaign compatible with v2.0 (or future v2.5) or just for v1.5?

I'm on v2.0 now, waiting to click the buy button, but scare for incompatible.....

Hi, just a question from a newbie to DCS. does this campaign compatible with v2.0 (or future v2.5) or just for v1.5?

I'm on v2.0 now, waiting to click the buy button, but scare for incompatible.....

It's for DCS 1.5 Caucasus map only. We are working on an NTTR version but it's a long ways out yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sabre-TLA,

I just signed up to give you a huge thumbs up. Loved the BFT campaign but am now eagerly awaiting the sequel. I know, no fix dates and such, but can you estimate the official release? Or is there any other way at the moment to continue my pilot training? I need moar! Greetings from Germany

Hi Sabre-TLA,

I just signed up to give you a huge thumbs up. Loved the BFT campaign but am now eagerly awaiting the sequel. I know, no fix dates and such, but can you estimate the official release? Or is there any other way at the moment to continue my pilot training? I need moar! Greetings from Germany

Glad you enjoyed it. We don't have an official release date but the 2nd campaign (Advanced Aircraft Training) has been updated and submitted to ED for testing.

We will post something as soon as we are given the ok.

• 1 month later...

Just recently had my mobo crap out on me and so I went ahead and replaced it along with a new CPU and some new RAM... and of course since I didn't deactivate my modules, I had to use the windows registry deletion method. The only one not listed on the FAQ section of the main DCS website is the BFT deletion file.

My question is, is there a way to deactivate the BFT after a major hardware change? I tried doing the manual protect.exe for the BFT but it won't allow me to deactivate since the changes have already been made. Any ideas?

Hi Sabre, I joined the forum to thank you! i'm so interested with DCS but fairly new to it, and this training course certainly gets me going in the right direction.

1 question tho, do I have to wait for certain triggers at the end of each course? I have finished BFTC-1 2x or 3x, but I have never triggered the next one. Thanks in advance!

If you score a 50 it will replay the same mission. If you score > 50 it should move to the next mission. Check your score before you quit by using the single quote key.

When you arrive back at the parking spot (near the tanker) make sure you follow the full shutdown procedure. The FE should notify you if you miss anything.

You need to complete the procedure correctly to end the mission and move on.

You should hear a rating from the FE either a Qual, Qual Minus or Unqual based on your actions during the mission.

Also this post has information on how to access the interactive start-up and shutdown missions and all the practice missions so you can get proficient before trying the actual qualification missions though the current campaign has you play the practice mission first before the qual missions. We are thinking of changing that in a future update so the campaign would only be the qualification missions.

Consult our Amplified checklist in the docs folder which has detailed start-up and shutdown procedures.

Additionally, Recon Stewart did a great job on some

of each mission. They are a good help if you don't understand something.

Continue to post if you have questions or issues and we will do our best to help you out.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have rate of climb or G figures for the BFT07- Aerobatics mission? It seems like the simple tasks have very thorough instructions, but in the aerobatics missions, there's just "do an immelman" with no talkthrough except for "don't forget your smoke pods" and "you failed to perform that correctly"KeIih and I end up either stalling on the pull because I didn't pull hard enough or wingstalling while trying to level because I pulled too hard and can't find the happy medium. I have absolutely zero experience in aerobatic maneuvers before this and no reference points to work from in this plane. TIA.

Edited by OVERDRIVE
Tacview Screenshot

Have you tried the practice mission first? See this post for details on how to access them.

The practice missions have extra dialogue on some of the maneuvers to help explain when you go outside the maneuver trigger bounds.

The in mission diagrams try to explain the maneuvers in simple terms but there is a lot more information on the net about the specific maneuvers that can help explain them in more detail.

For the A-10C you do need to fly at high speed (>280 knots) to have sufficient energy for some of the maneuvers (the loop for example).

This video can also help show how the maneuvers are done:

Indeed, usually another vehicle blows up shortly after, and the third one escapes but is probably damaged as well. I'm not sure how much of an impact this has on the score though.

I had a go at this last AAT mission that I left a while ago due to the "wrong target" problem and it seems to be still happening. Maybe spacing the vehicles would do it?

I also had a weird problem, the instructor said "re-engage" so I fired on another vehicle which made him happy. The rest of the sequence was broken from that point on, it wouldn't illuminate the 2nd target but the 3rd. From there I had to abandon, I tried to find the 2nd in the dark but it wasn't possible (woudn't have been possible for the Maverick anyway). And by the time I got back to the 3rd target, they had disappeared in the dark too.

Anyway, not sure it'll be updated, and I suppose we won't see the third qualification campaign anymore? After all this time I've pretty much given up hope.

I believe we fixed that issue due to the change in the maverick lethality range causing the wrong targets to get destroyed.

Are you using the latest versions of the download packages:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/250298/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/250299/

All the audio in both the AAT and TTQ campaigns are being replaced with professional voice recordings which is taking some time and effort to complete.

In retesting AAT with the new voice overs we didn't encounter the issues you indicate and the missions have not changed significantly from when this video was recorded:

I can't say exactly when the updated AAT and TTQ campaigns will be released but they are being updated.

Those files have a different signature, indeed, let me check again. Thanks!

Wow, a complete voice overhaul! I quite liked the original though, sounded very professional to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. Yes the campaign should be available soon and will be under the same rebate program as before.

This campaign has new professional voice overs which have taken it to the next level in our opinion.

I noticed ED got confused between the AAT and TTQ campaigns. This is the Advanced Aircraft Training (AAT).

I've asked them to update the references.

The TTQ campaign will follow soon as we are replacing all the voice overs in it as well.