Flight Qualifications Campaign

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was having problems with the same type of downloads using Internet Explore, when someone suggested using Mozilla Firefox. Works fine this way and automatically makes it a .miz

Thanks a lot Dane,

Mozilla Firefox got it working. (in case anyone else has this prob)

When I used IE to download the files I got a zip files which contained around 50+ files!!

Using Mozilla Firefox it came through as a single .miz file :thumbup:

AND Sabre,

Well done mate for a very nice BFT 1 I look forward to the rest of your series :thumbup: :smartass:

Is there a way to download the mission without firefox

I'm not computer savy so dont make it too complicated

The State Military (CVW-17)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

VICTORY 104

F-14B BuNo 161442

VF-103

LTJG J. “Shades” Gray

http://www.statelyfe.com

Win-10 x64

EVGA 2070 FTW

Thermaltake 850w

Intel I7-8700K at 3.7 Ghz

32GB Corsair DDR4 at 3000mhz

Sorry Hassata & ColGray,

Hassata your link shows not found! And i'm new to firefox so my advise is limited.

ColGray,

Firefox is just like internet explorer but from a different company.

Google firefox. Then download and install and use as you would explorer.

For some reason explorer for me gives me a zip file that "I" cant get to work.

Firefox downloads it as a .miz file that can be transfered to your missions folder direct.

• Like 1

Sorry Hassata & ColGray,

Hassata your link shows not found! And i'm new to firefox so my advise is limited.

ColGray,

Firefox is just like internet explorer but from a different company.

Google firefox. Then download and install and use as you would explorer.

For some reason explorer for me gives me a zip file that "I" cant get to work.

Firefox downloads it as a .miz file that can be transfered to your missions folder direct.

I think if you rename the file from .zip to .miz that will work. Please give that a try and let me know if you are still having problems.

The file is located in ED's User Files section here: http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Sit Rep: Valentines Day, 2011

First, I want to thank Ice and others that have provided excellent feedback for BFT1 - Ground Handling. We will be issuing an updated version soon - hopefully with better voice acting - I'd rather design missions than star in them ;-)

BFT2, BFT4 and BFT5 are ready for Dev Team testing and once they are ok and the voice acting is added I'll post them to ED's User Files section.

We are in need of good Flight Examiner voice actors so if you know anyone who would be interested please pm me and I'll get them setup. We have 15 missions in the BFT campaign and 32 in the AFT campaign - so I'll need alot of voice actors to make the missions interesting.

This is a big project but we are having alot of fun doing it and I hope in the end everyone will find a few of the missions challenging and entertaining.

• Like 1

you should ask tyger if he did some voice acting. his verbal instruction in his youtube videos are superb, although he clearly sounds british (not thats it's a bad thing)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MB: DFI Lanparty UT P35-T2R

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3,6 GHz @ 1,328V

VGA: MSI GTX460 HAWK @ 850/1700/1000 MHz

MFCD: Eizo S2231 22" S-PVA

RAM: A-Data Vitesta 2 x 2048 MB @ 960 MHz

FLT EQPM: Saitek X-52 Pro, TrackIR 5

Tyger is very good, probably a result of his military "method of instruction" training, he likely does a lot of instruction.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Hi Joker, try to click the Monitor test switch (pitch and yaw switches will disengage) Engage again the four switches and press T/O trim Button.

I don't know if I was doing something wrong before but it worked for me.

BTW I got a Q- hehehe. What should I do to obtain a Q+

I have followed the Humvee closely and there was no claims from the instructor. Should I park in the middle of the blue hexagon and shoot down the engines at the end?

Excellent initiative pals!!!! Thank you for your dedication

Hi Joker, try to click the Monitor test switch (pitch and yaw switches will disengage) Engage again the four switches and press T/O trim Button.

I don't know if I was doing something wrong before but it worked for me.

BTW I got a Q- hehehe. What should I do to obtain a Q+

I have followed the Humvee closely and there was no claims from the instructor. Should I park in the middle of the blue hexagon and shoot down the engines at the end?

Excellent initiative pals!!!! Thank you for your dedication

I 've tried to do that, also pressing T-left ctrl to reset trim after that step, but always instructor tell me i fail t/o trim reset test. I think i don't like him :cry:

Mmmmm did you try to press and hold T/O trim button ( I am sayin not just click the button but click and hold for one or two seconds)?

Optionally you can shout at your instructor that you are pressing the f"%/@ button :lol:. No action in the sim but you could release your adrenaline. It is not recommendable to shoot the GAU-8 at the Humvee!!!

are there any status updates on the campaign? is it still in dev? can't wait for this ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry I've been swamped with work lately. I did provide an update on Valentine's day and the mission development is still proceeding. I have to contact some of the names mentioned as we need voice actors to complete some of the missions.

I'll need to test the missions again against the latest updated release and make any adjustments. Stay tuned...

Finally , is gone.... One thing i could tell you for pass the test is i 've pressed the t/o button again just before the end of time to disposition.

The mission does set a flag to determine that the button was pressed. You do need to press it for at least 1 second for the flag to register. For example I noticed on the Pitot Heat test that if you flick the switch too quickly it won't register.

good to hear from you sabre. thanks you keep this going. If you need help with mission making you can contact me. Wouldn't make a good voice actor is i'm not a native english speaker.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great job guys...I hope dev continues on this! The first mission is already making me pull out what's left of my hair. Seriously though, any chance we can get a checklist of what the mission requires? I keep failing for not putting the IFFCC in Guns mode when I barely have time to finish the BIT...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not the fall that gets you. It's the Godawful sudden stop at the end.

Good news. I just submitted an updated and corrected BFT01 - Ground Handling mission to ED. It should be posted soon if it passes the moderator's approval.

It now includes the full startup and shutdown items documented in the briefing as well as checking for all items as in the final release (EAC, Ejection Seat Armed, etc).

A few tweaks to the ground and air units and some redone voice overs.

With the final release out now I'll get going on the other missions.

I'll post a link once it's up on ED's User Files forum. Please post any bugs you find in this thread.

ED's now posted it here: http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/38337/

Thanks.

Edited by Sabre-TLA
  • Like 1