[Beta 4] Lots of vertical black rectangles

dax

Nate, here are the files you have requested. I was surfing through the forum and saw there were a handful of people with the simlar problem. I'm not sure if they were running 32 or 64 bit windows, but a few of them reported the problem didn't happen in Beta 3, and now happens in Beta 4. Hopefully that points you guys in the right direction. Thank you very much for your help!

Docs.zip

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

XP64 is really buggy I traded in a few 32 bit versions for the 64 bit way back in 2006 for some office machines ( it was free ). Drivers are hard to come by it's kind of a black sheep in the Windows family. Hope you get your problem solved.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Nate, don't let your developers get too worked up over this issue, I found a spare hard drive laying around, so I formatted it, and next friday I am going to get Windows 7 Professional 64. I have been hesitant in upgrading to 7 because of my horrible experiences with Vista (I "upgraded" from Vista to XP 64). Spending the time and money in upgrading to Win 7 is worth it to enjoy this wonderful sim!

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

I would, but I figure its time to upgrade. From what I read, Windows 7 is basically a further optomized XP anyways. Also, Microsoft FSX is said to run at a much higher FPS on Win 7, depending on which directx the user chooses too use.

No i'm not, but a few times I have loaded either multiplayer levels or campaign levels, and the screen goes dark, then I see nothing but water textures. I am upgrading to windows 7 64 and either a nvidia 570 or 580 gtx in 3 weeks. we'll see what happens then. also, sometimes i will load a flight and will start out with horrrible fps (1-5), so I will exit, then click on fly again and get my standard 25-45 fps

• 4 weeks later...

Upgraded to Win 7

Ok, I upgraded from XP 64 to Win 7 Pro 64, and...a 580 GTX. Black rectangles are gone, and the clouds actually look pretty good for this simulations. I now have all my settings on high and am getting 50+ FPS under all conditions. I didn't really notice any performance hit from clouds vs. no clouds.