Beta 6 Coming Soon

hassata

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing to do WWOB6 #2 - Do a search for site:youtube.com stp unplugged.

I took the liberty of linking it. Scott Weiland.. and all these guys.. are probably the most underrated musicians evah. The bassist is a mad genius.

Enjoy while dreaming of CBUs.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Guest Cayenne

Thing to do WWOB6 #3

For those who haven't...make You a night mission shoot some illuminating rockets, some illuminating shoots out the back, pop off some cms flares, sparkle some targets as You stare at the freaking laser beams with goggles in Ir mode while slewing. I wonder if You can burn ants with that thing?

or..Try to do his:

http://www.youtube.com/user/helipilot7

Edited by Cayenne

Sure, we'll put DCS:Hog on hold. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

EtherealN, you are an evil, evil man... :)

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Sure, we'll put DCS:Hog on hold. :)

Who says it's not already on hold with no updates for 4 weeks? :music_whistling:

(Now *that's* eveil. :D)

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Who says it's not already on hold with no updates for 4 weeks? :music_whistling:

(Now *that's* eveil. :D)

I do.

...but I'm part of the coverup! :D

/Fox Mulder

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The update will be ready when Mindscape says its ready?

Jim Mackonochie: The download version will be released in late February. The boxed version will be available, dependant on territory, within 2 to 3 months later. (According to our very helpful Mindscape PR representative, we should see a boxed retail release in Australia in April.)

Mindscape appears to be some kind of vulching investor/reseller and from what I have read they "invest" to the point of owning/controlling what appears to be financially strapped software companys, also reincarnating vaporware. I saw a lot (all that i saw) of tittles on thier website and other docs. that are no longer owned by the original developers.

Have they sold off the consumer side of their company? Jim, from what I can tell Heads the Military, commercial side (you know, the lucrative one) Why would He be asking an employee of Mindscape (a reseller) when A-10c was being released, is He not privy to such information????

Why was this interview not linked to DCS/ED forum by anybody within the company? still hasn't! I stumbled across it on the FighterOps page (that same thurs. it was posted on FOs) after reading what I thought was all the news at DCS/ED forums, didn't see mention of it till 2 days later maybe the next day. Had I known this I would have posted it...

Did anyone else feel a disturbance in the Force recently?

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mindscape.nl%2F <----check out the "games" pulldown menu You will see a dead link to Fighter Collection (the UK link is also dead Mindscape homepage)..This dosn't mean anything but they do have their hand elbow deep in everybody else cookie jar...

And Wags wasn't aware of the testing schedule?? How could he have not know that B5 was for Steam? I find it odd that Jim and Wags ain't even in the same book much less on the same page.

something smells funny....

edit: go to the bottom of that link and click on Australia

J*sus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

J*sus

Yeah... I'm not sure if I should bother trying to respond to that. There's a pretty easy way to summarize (in the words of James Randi):

WRONG.

Cayenne:

TFC is the publisher of DCS: A-10C.

Your conspiracy theory is funny to read, but not quite chemtrail level.

And pretty important: italicizing a line like that is a common method of indicating editorial additions: did you consider that maybe it was games.on.net that asked mindscape? (But what do I know, I only spent ~4 years working as a computer game critic.)

Err, let's see - oh yeah, military contract are probably not quite as lucrative as you think they are. They're most likely Cost+, which is a recipy that allows low risk of losses but not a lot of profit. One really nice thing with them though is that they allow a lot of knowledge transfer, which makes things like DCS:A-10C possible.

ED is busy making a game (in case you haven't noticed), and since users were very fast in linking it 300 times (since no-one uses the search function)... What gain would there be in doing it yet again?

As for being aware of testing schedules and being on the same books... Come on Cayenne? Try doing some elementary research on people's job titles. A look in any random manual will do. There's a lot of people involved and none of them are God.

So

The only thing that smells funny is your ability to take a whole load of misunderstood lines of text and spin it into a fantastic conspiracy theory.

Phew.

And the only reason I bothered spending the time to respond to all of that is that there is a risk someone might take that stuff seriously. Why does it always take longer to explain why something is wrong than it takes to say things that are wrong? I'm going to go watch a docu on nuclear weapons to chill my nerves now. :P

Edited by EtherealN
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

My sudoku game is almost completed, who will release his beta6 first? :)

Well, I told my teacher that the beta6 is coming soon, but I think I will only give him the final release :smartass: ;)

Edited by LukeSky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 64bit, Core I7 950, Nvidia GTX 260, 6 gig RAM, TIR 5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Logitech attack3 :(

Guest Cayenne

Network bandwith............$40.00

Pre-release Beta..............$60.00

Computer System..........$3000.00

Reading these forums ....Priceless

I want to pay a subscription for this forum like FighterOps You can't make this stuff up and it goes great with morning coffee.

Guest Cayenne

Alright EtherealN, I took it down, It was posted for all the wrong reasons. I know that's not enough but I don't know what else to do....

Thank you Mustang. I'm glad SOMEONE is interested in explaining the poor communication with us. We're not just the pathetic masses of gamers anymore, ED. Like it or not, we are now your INVESTORS. I'm sorry though, none of what is in your link was repeated in the "Beta 6 update" thread. So, what it all comes down to again, is poor communication from ED, and this time its with people who are PAYING for their ongoing development. I did a quick Google search on this today, and do you know what I found? I found somebody giving a rather detailed account of what will be fixed in Beta 5. Yet, in his next post on that forum, he goes on to say that he doesn't even have this program installed on his computer. Yet, he's providing "technical support" for those of us who do? Sorry Mustang. Not a dig against you. But does nobody else see it as a little screwed up that somebody cheerleading for this latest release hasn't even invested his own money and time into any of it yet? :music_whistling:

• Like 1

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

have you all forgotten? they have given us access to beta's for a simulator that isn't out...we were lucky enough to even get beta 1.

relax, smile, kill tanks, etc. etc.

Yeah, Menendezdiego, we all also forgot that we paid 60 bucks to support this whole thing, and still aren't getting any answers. Did you maybe get a better deal than we did? Did you get your beta's for free? Cuz, I sure didn't. :megalol:

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Did you get your beta's for free? Cuz, I sure didn't. :megalol:

Lol. So true, we are in effect a customer.

Given that beta5 (aka known as steamless beta6) was originally slaved for before end of Dec, then delayed, and the fact that it only required NP to fix the TrackIr and testers to check (I am sure they were testing beta5/6 prior to NP fixing TrackIr) I am at a loss regarding the prolonged release. Unless of course we have been misinformed previously?

All very confusing.

Edited by Druid_

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Yeah, Menendezdiego, we all also forgot that we paid 60 bucks to support this whole thing, and still aren't getting any answers. Did you maybe get a better deal than we did? Did you get your beta's for free? Cuz, I sure didn't. :megalol:

Beta 4 for me is a good sim that is fully playable, so I didnt' get my beta for free, but I've got a complete sim (with improvement to come(with some bugs fixes)) for 60$.

BTW, the 60$ is not to support to whole thing, it's to pre-purchase. You had the choice, you had the forum to know what beta was available and what was wrong with that version, and (except beta6) you knew that there was other beta to be released.

Sometime, people forget that they should not blame others for the choices they made.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 64bit, Core I7 950, Nvidia GTX 260, 6 gig RAM, TIR 5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Logitech attack3 :(

Did you get your beta's for free? Cuz, I sure didn't.

Betas are free, the final release isn't.

Unless of course you're suggesting that when the game is released, you're either not going to download and install the full version? After all, if what you paid for is the betas, then you mustn't have pre-ordered the final release...

ED - With due respect to your patience with people like this, I truly think it would set a good precedent if you would ban this guy and revoke his software license. I certainly don't want to meet someone like this in the sky in multi-player.. he's a danger to himself and... himself.

I prepped the document: [ATTACH]47763[/ATTACH]

beagleass867

Dwight-dwight-schrute-18635956-332-501.jpg

You sir, are paying for the privilege to enjoy the product of their hard work, which hasn't even been released yet, so you should feel extra special. Do you write Movie Directors and demand Angelina Jolie show more cleavage? (I wish someone would .. but never mind that!) You don't have to fly DCS, and you certainly don't have to INVEST in their company. What kind of fool would invest time and money in something they have so little respect for?

I know you're frustrated.. but doesn't this sound a little more like you? :

ED, great work! I'm enjoying this sim for several hours a day instead of taking my medication or compulsively masturbating. I should take a break for a while and catch up on one of those two things... can't remember which. I found myself getting angry that the update wasn't yet available, but don't worry, I took it out on my neighbors cats instead of you. I DO want to encourage you to continue to make spectacular breakthroughs in simulator technology. Anyway, great job and remember, beware the cheese marmoset.

Thank you Mustang. I'm glad SOMEONE is interested in explaining the poor communication with us. We're not just the pathetic masses of gamers anymore, ED. Like it or not, we are now your INVESTORS. I'm sorry though, none of what is in your link was repeated in the "Beta 6 update" thread. So, what it all comes down to again, is poor communication from ED, and this time its with people who are PAYING for their ongoing development. I did a quick Google search on this today, and do you know what I found? I found somebody giving a rather detailed account of what will be fixed in Beta 5. Yet, in his next post on that forum, he goes on to say that he doesn't even have this program installed on his computer. Yet, he's providing "technical support" for those of us who do? Sorry Mustang. Not a dig against you. But does nobody else see it as a little screwed up that somebody cheerleading for this latest release hasn't even invested his own money and time into any of it yet? :music_whistling:

Edited by StrongHarm
changed his name from eaglecash to beagleass
  • Like 1