Beta 6 Coming Soon

hassata

I watched a startup video with the subject using a TMWH- he was holding the ignition switches while moving the throttle forward to the idle detent- if you will. Is this supposed to be part of the startup? If it is- well I have yet to do it and she fires up just fine simply by moving throttles fwd..

What video was this? The IGN position isn't normally needed, especially for a ground start with the APU generator connected. In the NORM position the engine will go through the start sequence when the throttle is moved to idle.

The IGN position is mostly for air-starts, as far as I know.

From page 134 of the flight manual:

If one of the switches is held in the IGN position, a manual engine ignition for that engine will be initiated regardless of the engines current throttle setting or RPM. This would most often be used for an in-flight wind mill engine restart that relies on the power of one engine to crank the un-powered one.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cayenne

By Bennett Ring - Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:03pm http://games.on.net/article/11576/Developer_Interview_DCS_A10Cs_Jim_Mackonochie

Jim Mackonochie said "late February" (translated = not this month), Boxed ver. in Australia in April (implies RTM), working on new A/C, and Nellis/Nevada map will be the first map to utilize our new graphics engine. The map will be released as part of an Upgrade Pack later in 2011. They seem to be very busy! Had to find this out via links on the FighterOps page.:yawn::juggle:

What video was this? The IGN position isn't normally needed, especially for a ground start with the APU generator connected. In the NORM position the engine will go through the start sequence when the throttle is moved to idle.

The IGN position is mostly for air-starts, as far as I know.

From page 134 of the flight manual:

I'll see if I can find it. I figured I must be doing it right. I reckon this guy was either unaware or maybe just trying to spice things up for the video..

Question: what is worse than pictures of Michael Bolton?

You may find out on Monday. :D

For humanity's sake someone please cut his hard line! I'm afraid of what might happen to my monitor on Monday!

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.4 GHz

32 Gb RAM, Nvidea GTX 1050 TI

Water Cooled, Windows 10 64 bit

I hesitate to post this, but here goes. Please keep in mind that I am in no way holding myself above the fray, or am trying to curry favor with anyone.

Some of the whining is getting out of hand. The ridiculous bit is that many of the fans are in their 30's and above. I hope the folks at ED don't have 3-year-olds at home, because they would have to deal with the tantrums on the boards and around the house. I suspect, however, that most refrain from even reading these threads, or even visiting the forums. They're probably too busy anyway, and from another post, they even seem to be working weekends. They want this thing out the door more than we do, believe that.

We are not entitled to anything, not information on when the Beta will be released, what the next module will be, nothing. We are lucky that ED decided to go with the open beta model, otherwise we would have nothing to play with but our you know what's. The sad part is that the whiners will be back on the boards within hours of release asking about Beta 7 or the RC.

Why not enjoy what we have, instead of hanging around the boards all day. Again, I am in no way holding myself apart as I'm known to get everything set-up just right, then not fly the thing for days. Also I know most of the impatience is coming out of love for the sim.

Apologies if I offended anyone.

XIX0ZDqDljA

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/8/my-cat-waiting-for-either-food-attention-or-both-904631

Edited by hassata
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The problem is telling people "Soon","Shortly","Once this is fixed","This has been fixed". Showing videos of current beta and so on. With none of that, there wouldn't be this problem. Its simple!

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

The problem is telling people "Soon","Shortly","Once this is fixed","This has been fixed". Showing videos of current beta and so on. With none of that, there wouldn't be this problem. Its simple!

Agree. It creates anticipation and false hope. Better to say "not until the end of February or mid March. This was suppose to be out early January and we are now mid February. Yes, people are getting frustrated because some of use can't fly it. At least put the older betas back up for people who can't fly beta 4; that would make me happy :thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Hey here's a quick OT question. Why does the Hog start to roll in a deep overspeed dive when you pull back hard on the stick?

I guess the hog isn't capable of rapidly producing lift, so one of the wings end up giving out and you end up with one of your wings stalling. Whether or not the magnitude of this effect is realistic in the sim or not is another thing. :music_whistling:

Edited by 636_Castle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

Ok whats the 101 law ....... serious ques

As you may know, here in Canada, the 2 official language is english and french. But, in the province of :puke:quebec, the bill 101 define the french language as the only official language.

How far it can go :

- If you are born here in quebec and your parents are tagged as french (Tax Return, education, where they are born) you cannot study in english until the college "CEGEP" (between Secondary school and University). And few months ago there has been talk to add the college in this too.

So, imagine you are living in a french world during 17 years and then try to complete the most important part of your education in english and we must keep in mind that public schools have a poor english course.

All of this to discourage people to speak in english.

- French radio channel (from here, and almost all) if they are speaking in french (for news, report, annoncing songs) they cannot broadcast more than 35% of english songs :cry: (have you ever heard french songs :crazy: )

I only have 3 radio station available Free over the air. CBC, the buzz (Burlington) and virgin radio. :cry:

This is only some example, but believe me, it's becoming crazy. Two weeks ago, I heard at the radio that one of the main political party here, find that there is too much people still talking in english (Parti quebecois) and if they are elected next time I don't want to think what they gonna do.

Listen to that bitc* who is the chief of their party. How well she speak in english. It will give you a good idea :

from the 20th second : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTOMB3kbrOU

So it was short description of what is the 101 bill, but it really go farther than this.

Edited by LukeSky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 64bit, Core I7 950, Nvidia GTX 260, 6 gig RAM, TIR 5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Logitech attack3 :(

Hey Luke, that is why, as a Canadian, I will *NEVER* enter Quebec.

As a Canadian, I'm doing everything to get the hell out of here (quebec) :D

If all goes well, I should move somewhere in Ontario next summer.

{

I'm keeping my fingers crossed :pilotfly:

}else

{

:helpsmilie:

}endif

:)

Edited by LukeSky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 64bit, Core I7 950, Nvidia GTX 260, 6 gig RAM, TIR 5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Logitech attack3 :(

Thank you for the answers both Luke and Mower, as someone who is English but served in a French based Military Unit (should not take much working out) but if it does then I'm PM you), I understand the difficulties I had no choice but to learn french in minimal time, after just over 5 years I came out thinking in French, speaking French with a Corsican accent, so I may have a better understanding of the situation.

Once again thanks for the answer

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

I never realised how.... Need to choose the Words carefully... "patriotic(???)" Quebec was. Sounds very anti-English.

~~~ Win7 64bit // i5 2500K @4.2Ghz // ASUS P8P67 Pro ~~~

~~~ H50 Cooler // 12GB 1600 DDR3 // EVGA GTX580 SC ~~~

~~~ TMW // Combat Pedals // TrackIR 4 ~~~

I guess the hog isn't capable of rapidly producing lift, so one of the wings end up giving out and you end up with one of your wings stalling. Whether or not the magnitude of this effect is realistic in the sim or not is another thing. :music_whistling:

Sorry, just helped my cuz change his auto tranny fluid. I just tried the same maneuver in FC2 and no roll in the A-10A. Is this an A-10C flight model problem that needs to be tweaked, or a legit action that really occurs in real life? (A-10C rolls when in steep dive while overspeeding and trying to pull out hard.)

Edited by digitaljjd

Sorry, just helped my cuz change his auto tranny fluid. I just tried the same maneuver in FC2 and no roll in the A-10A. Is this an A-10C flight model problem that needs to be tweaked, or a legit action that really occurs in real life? (A-10C rolls when in steep dive while overspeeding and trying to pull out hard.)

The A-10A in FC2 isn't an advanced flight model. The wing stalls in DCS are intended and meant to be realistic because they do occur in real life. In my opinion though, it's a bit exaggerated in DCS and I wouldn't expect it to change.

Edited by 636_Castle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

To EvilBivol-1 or anybody else from the ED team, please take note that even if we are talking about everything in here we are still here to heard news about the beta6 update.

It's just a way to kill time while we are waiting (for me), between eating, looking for an update, reading about the CDU, looking for an update, programming that damn sudoku game, looking for an update working, etc, etc...

So, as soon as you have some news, even the slightest one like that you have added visible animated ground crew (in the beta6) rearming and refueling the aircraft :music_whistling:

let us know.

Please

Thanks

Edited by LukeSky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The wing stalls in DCS are intended and meant to be realistic because they do occur in real life. In my opinion though, it's a bit exaggerated in DCS and I wouldn't expect it to change.

Those who have flown a Beech Bonanza in real life will recognize that wing drop. Stalling the Bonanza (or the "Banana" as we called it) was exciting, especially the first time you did it! If you were extremely careful to keep the ball perfectly centered, the nose would drop straight, but any hint of sideslip, and you'd be on your side in a heartbeat. Usually with little warning of the impending stall.

So the wing drop in the real A-10 may not be as bad as it is in DCS (I don't know; I've never flown a real one), but I can say for sure, the Bonanza is worse than we have in this sim!

--NoJoe